Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Stitching???

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 31, 2012
I am very new to topic of stitching, but i do know that it moves the stats of one clothing item to another. I also know that one hundred crowns is a really good deal when you stitch wisely. But anyways for example if i had a tunic of querius that i wear but then get a drop robe that gives plus 265 life but is death only or even level 90 plus when i am level 21 when i stitch ( since stitching is for stats ) will i still get the 265 lifeand be able to wear my stitched item???

-Natalie WillowBloom level 21

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Natalie Willowblos... on Jun 27, 2014 wrote:
I am very new to topic of stitching, but i do know that it moves the stats of one clothing item to another. I also know that one hundred crowns is a really good deal when you stitch wisely. But anyways for example if i had a tunic of querius that i wear but then get a drop robe that gives plus 265 life but is death only or even level 90 plus when i am level 21 when i stitch ( since stitching is for stats ) will i still get the 265 lifeand be able to wear my stitched item???

When you stitch two items, you get everything from one item with the appearance of the other. That means that you can't get the 265 health along with the stats of your current robe, you'll have to choose between your current stats with the dropped robe's appearance, and the dropped robe's 265 health and your current robe's appearance, in which case you wouldn't be able to wear the robe because of the school or level requirement, so the answer to your question is no.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
The stats remain the same, that includes the level and school limitations.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Natalie Willowblos... on Jun 27, 2014 wrote:

No. You are Life school. You cannot equip any Death school only items, including gear and pets.

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
Natalie said: "I am very new to topic of stitching, but I do know that it moves the stats of one clothing item to another."

That's a rather backwards way of looking at it. What stitching does is take one item and give it the appearance of another. The item the appearance is taken from is destroyed. Nothing about the base item's stats or powers changes, and nothing about the item the appearance is taken from is retained except the appearance. If the stitched item is sold on the bazaar the altered appearance goes away and it becomes a standard item of its type again.

I do love to stitch. I have a level 74 balance wizard who decided on a look he liked early in Marleybone, every time I upgrade my gear I stitch the new items back to the appearance of the same outfit. It makes me very recognizable to my friends.