Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What to Pack should I buy?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 31, 2012
Well I am not really looking forward to Spending money on crowns but by doing some trivia I have managed to get 400 crowns in about 3 or 4 days of trivia. So given that it takes that much time to get enough for 1 pack which pack do you think I should start with and focus my luck on? I was gonna start with the hoard of the Hydra pack but we were seeing that the odds of getting something good like a beast pet (what i really want) or mount are kind of slim and i see that the common things you get are pet snacks and gardening items. So if i really want to get pets or permanent mounts from a pack in 5 to 8 tries, which pack do you think I should focus on

Defender
Jul 11, 2013
If you are looking for pets, I suggest trying the Purreau's Plentiful Pet Provisions. There's some cool pets in there. The Hoard of the Hydra Pack seems to have a lot of gear if you're looking for that. The Raven's Hoard Pack does have a permenant mount of the raven, and the Skyvern Pack(I am not sure if it's still available) has a permanent mount of a skyvern.

Archmage

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Natalie Willowblos... on Jun 25, 2014 wrote:
Well I am not really looking forward to Spending money on crowns but by doing some trivia I have managed to get 400 crowns in about 3 or 4 days of trivia. So given that it takes that much time to get enough for 1 pack which pack do you think I should start with and focus my luck on? I was gonna start with the hoard of the Hydra pack but we were seeing that the odds of getting something good like a beast pet (what i really want) or mount are kind of slim and i see that the common things you get are pet snacks and gardening items. So if i really want to get pets or permanent mounts from a pack in 5 to 8 tries, which pack do you think I should focus on
None.
There is no guarantee, drop rate or anything predictable from these packs. You are only guaranteed to receive 7 random items.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2012
Dmlem28 on Jun 25, 2014 wrote:
If you are looking for pets, I suggest trying the Purreau's Plentiful Pet Provisions. There's some cool pets in there. The Hoard of the Hydra Pack seems to have a lot of gear if you're looking for that. The Raven's Hoard Pack does have a permenant mount of the raven, and the Skyvern Pack(I am not sure if it's still available) has a permanent mount of a skyvern.

Archmage
Thank you! I will definitely consider the purreaus plentiful pet provisions! Thanks
Natalie Willowbloom

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Just out of curiousity, why do you want a pet or mount from a card pack? You can get better pets from free drops, hatching or with gold, and permanent mounts are easily bought with gold. If you're going to use crowns on card packs, I'd at least use them on Keeper's Lore Pack, since it has Jade gear and you're Life.

Explorer
Mar 26, 2011
Really I wouldn't buy any if you only have enough to buy one just save the crowns for something else.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
The Islander's Hoard pack has one of the best wands in the game, the Frosty Stare Tiki Torch. It gives comparable critical without sacrificing block.