Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Being a Detective!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 13, 2013
I have a new idea in mind. Feel free to comment!

The quest is called Investigating Dogs in Marleybone, Hyde Park ( I find it very large so I picked that area)
The first NPC you see in hyde park ( forgot her name, but I do know that she was a girl...) gives you the quest.

She says: Today I have been searching for Sherlock Bones, I would appreciate if you can tell him about the exciting news I just heard today.

Next part:
Talk to Sherlock bones in Royal Museum.

Narrator: You talk about the new investigation in Hyde Park.

Sherlock Bones: Oh my! I think it is time to investigate! Would you be my assistant?

Next quest: The Investigation Begins

Sherlock Bones: Ambrose, at his age, he hears much news from you, but he'll be surprised to hear something like this!

Go talk to Merle Ambrose in The Commons

Ambrose: I have heard the news. They speak of a wizard who loved being a detective so much that he went crazy for it! We haven't seen him at the Ravenwood Academy, so we all think he quit. We call him The Evil Detective. Do you think you could put an end to his career?

New quest: Bad Boys Out There

Go to The Evil Detective in Hyde Park ( Would be one of the empty buildings by the sidewalk)

Defeat Evil Detective in Hyde Park

I only wanted to be a Detective. Ambrose always told me that I was a wizard. I brought down a club for the evil detectives. I bother people who get in my way!

Defeat Luke, Michael, Ian, and Anthony Anthony is the leader of the group. ( Ian and Anthony don't get along well...)

Anthony The Invest Alligator ( get it? :D)

Rank 6 Boss
School: Death
Knows All Death Spells To 33?? ( is that even a real school spell get thingy?)
Knows all fire spells to 16
Health 2,500

the minions ;(

rank 5
school: ice
health 2,499
knows all ice spells to 26
knows all myth spells to 26 also

Defeat Speech: If you want my things, they're in that chest. I'm sorry for all of this. Not! I will get my revenge.... once i'm out of Newgate Prison!!!

Talk to Sherlock Bones in Royal Hall

Sherlock Bones: I'm sure Ambrose will love to hear that you defeated him- and got his equipment! He would've been a great Detective... Don't forget this lesson Mrs. Summerstone ( not going in the dialogue), Don't let your mind slip away from your thoughts!

New quest: What Gives Thy Detective?

Talk to Merle Ambrose

Great job Wizard! Now we must see who gave him the equipment.

Talk to Ring Shopkeeper in Shopping District

Narrator: You ask if he has seen any man offering a detectives kit.

Ring Shopkeeper: Yes! He forgot a special part of the kit though!

Flashlight: Looks like a normal blue flashlight ( no auction )

does __ fire damage to enemy

animation: Wizard turning flashlight on and off

Talk To Merle Ambrose
Thank you so much young wizard! I found a few dogs that would love someone like you!

Receiving Bloodhound: Sherlock Bones's look-alike
pedigree 67

I will do the quest rewards in a later post thanks and goodbye!

Defender
Jan 13, 2013
Investigating dogs: 209 xp 123 gold

The Investigation Begins: 428 xp 134 gold

Bad boys out there: 1220 xp 789 gold

What Gives Thy detective? 689 xp 157 gold and wand and pet

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
I like it, but the quest line needs to have more quests inside of it, to get a better feel of being a detective.

-Nick level 100
"Child of Light and Shadow"

Delver
Apr 11, 2012
Autumn Summerstone on Jun 17, 2014 wrote:
I have a new idea in mind. Feel free to comment!

The quest is called Investigating Dogs in Marleybone, Hyde Park ( I find it very large so I picked that area)
The first NPC you see in hyde park ( forgot her name, but I do know that she was a girl...) gives you the quest.

She says: Today I have been searching for Sherlock Bones, I would appreciate if you can tell him about the exciting news I just heard today.

Next part:
Talk to Sherlock bones in Royal Museum.

Narrator: You talk about the new investigation in Hyde Park.

Sherlock Bones: Oh my! I think it is time to investigate! Would you be my assistant?

Next quest: The Investigation Begins

Sherlock Bones: Ambrose, at his age, he hears much news from you, but he'll be surprised to hear something like this!

Go talk to Merle Ambrose in The Commons

Ambrose: I have heard the news. They speak of a wizard who loved being a detective so much that he went crazy for it! We haven't seen him at the Ravenwood Academy, so we all think he quit. We call him The Evil Detective. Do you think you could put an end to his career?

New quest: Bad Boys Out There

Go to The Evil Detective in Hyde Park ( Would be one of the empty buildings by the sidewalk)

Defeat Evil Detective in Hyde Park

I only wanted to be a Detective. Ambrose always told me that I was a wizard. I brought down a club for the evil detectives. I bother people who get in my way!

Defeat Luke, Michael, Ian, and Anthony Anthony is the leader of the group. ( Ian and Anthony don't get along well...)

Anthony The Invest Alligator ( get it? :D)

Rank 6 Boss
School: Death
Knows All Death Spells To 33?? ( is that even a real school spell get thingy?)
Knows all fire spells to 16
Health 2,500

the minions ;(

rank 5
school: ice
health 2,499
knows all ice spells to 26
knows all myth spells to 26 also

Defeat Speech: If you want my things, they're in that chest. I'm sorry for all of this. Not! I will get my revenge.... once i'm out of Newgate Prison!!!

Talk to Sherlock Bones in Royal Hall

Sherlock Bones: I'm sure Ambrose will love to hear that you defeated him- and got his equipment! He would've been a great Detective... Don't forget this lesson Mrs. Summerstone ( not going in the dialogue), Don't let your mind slip away from your thoughts!

New quest: What Gives Thy Detective?

Talk to Merle Ambrose

Great job Wizard! Now we must see who gave him the equipment.

Talk to Ring Shopkeeper in Shopping District

Narrator: You ask if he has seen any man offering a detectives kit.

Ring Shopkeeper: Yes! He forgot a special part of the kit though!

Flashlight: Looks like a normal blue flashlight ( no auction )

does __ fire damage to enemy

animation: Wizard turning flashlight on and off

Talk To Merle Ambrose
Thank you so much young wizard! I found a few dogs that would love someone like you!

Receiving Bloodhound: Sherlock Bones's look-alike
pedigree 67

I will do the quest rewards in a later post thanks and goodbye!
I love, love, love the creativeness of wizards these days!

I do think the ending after the boss fight is a bit confusing, but only a titch. You did an outstanding job on this; no doubt you put much effort into it!

I do have something to add, Autumn Summmerstone, even though your quest idea is near flawless. Perhaps when you receive the bloodhound, it should be a twin bloodhound, considering that Merle Ambrose said, "I found a few dogs that love someone like you!"

Also, maybe during the quest you could rescue the twin bloodhounds from the evil detective, since the pet seemed a bit sudden in the storyline.

Again, outstanding job!
~Miranda Thunder Gem
Level 86
"You don't just give up. You don't just let things happen. You make a stand! You say no! You have the guts to do what's right, even when everybody else just runs away."

Defender
Jan 13, 2013
Sorry if it doesn't have many quests but its only a "little" bit of work by me. The whole thing isn't quite finished, so if I get the time. I might make the revenge quest!