Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Thank you KI Music Team!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
I was in band at my school for two years, and it really helped me appreciate music more than it did before. And dear god, I never realized just how amazing the music is in this game as a whole! I've always loved the music in Marleybone, but I never truly appreciated it until now. I almost put this up on the Krok forum because I just wanted to thank the music team at KingsIsle for coming up with the music in the Tomb in Krokotopia's final stage in particular. However, on second thought, I talk less about Krokotopia itself and more about music in general here, so I thought it wiser to put it in the Ravenwood Commons board.

First off, I just want to give everyone some insight on how music can completely change the mood in a game, movie, anything. Think of every action movie with an intense fight scene you've ever watched. Would that scene be anything without an amazing soundtrack? How about a sad scene where the main character has lost all hope? The music in the Well of Spirits just gave me chills up my spine. It gave me this feeling of "This is it. The final stage. I've worked all the way through Krokotopia to this point. After this stage, I'm onto a whole new world with new adventures planned." and it was absolutely epic. That part where only one wind instrument (I think it's an oboe, bass clarinet or just plain clarinet, but don't quote me on that) plays with the rest of the band besides the percussion is silent, and then the two other winds (flutes I think) play those two notes and the whole band joins in with the main melody? It absolutely blows me away. The other part where only the brass section and the percussion section are playing gives me chills. This theme as a whole is just musical gold

I actually stopped during my play session just to write this post, and I went through the credits to find out who the music team was. And guess what? Only three guys were on the team. Go look at the credits, it's there. Now, this isn't including the band, but only three guys composed this amazing music, and I never bothered to look. So thank all three of you for creating this music.

I started off this post by talking about how I was in my school's band, and how it helped me appreciate music (especially instrumental music with no lyrics/voices) more than it did before. Mind you, that isn't to say that only music geeks like myself can appreciate music, but it just helps you understand how much time and effort it takes to make a good song. It doesn't take a day. It takes weeks, months even, and that's the simple stuff! So I encourage you all, join your school's band or choir if they offer one. You may not like it (I actually ended up quitting band, but not choir!) but it will just help you to appreciate what we so often take for granted.

There is so much more I want to talk about, but I'm almost at the character limit, so I want your guys' insight. what do you think about the music in this game?

Explorer
Jun 16, 2011
I agree completely.
The music in this game is great.
I especially like the music in avalon, but I haven't heard the music in krockotopia yet., because I never listened to music in the first arc. (I can hear what it sounds like when my gets there.)
I'd like to know why you quit band. (even though it has nothing to do with wizard101.) Because I've played in band for 2 1/2 years.
level 91
level 29
level 10

Survivor
Jul 02, 2008
Thank you for listening, Megan! Go Band Geeks!-)

Explorer
Jun 26, 2012
My favorite music is probably the music in Golem Tower and Mooshu. I also enjoy the music in The Isle of Arachnis and Bastion before the Umbra is driven out.

-Sean Firesword

P.S. Why did you quit band? I've been in band for 3 years now.

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
Megan EmeraldBlade on Jun 13, 2014 wrote:
I was in band at my school for two years, and it really helped me appreciate music more than it did before. And dear god, I never realized just how amazing the music is in this game as a whole! I've always loved the music in Marleybone, but I never truly appreciated it until now. I almost put this up on the Krok forum because I just wanted to thank the music team at KingsIsle for coming up with the music in the Tomb in Krokotopia's final stage in particular. However, on second thought, I talk less about Krokotopia itself and more about music in general here, so I thought it wiser to put it in the Ravenwood Commons board.

First off, I just want to give everyone some insight on how music can completely change the mood in a game, movie, anything. Think of every action movie with an intense fight scene you've ever watched. Would that scene be anything without an amazing soundtrack? How about a sad scene where the main character has lost all hope? The music in the Well of Spirits just gave me chills up my spine. It gave me this feeling of "This is it. The final stage. I've worked all the way through Krokotopia to this point. After this stage, I'm onto a whole new world with new adventures planned." and it was absolutely epic. That part where only one wind instrument (I think it's an oboe, bass clarinet or just plain clarinet, but don't quote me on that) plays with the rest of the band besides the percussion is silent, and then the two other winds (flutes I think) play those two notes and the whole band joins in with the main melody? It absolutely blows me away. The other part where only the brass section and the percussion section are playing gives me chills. This theme as a whole is just musical gold

I actually stopped during my play session just to write this post, and I went through the credits to find out who the music team was. And guess what? Only three guys were on the team. Go look at the credits, it's there. Now, this isn't including the band, but only three guys composed this amazing music, and I never bothered to look. So thank all three of you for creating this music.

I started off this post by talking about how I was in my school's band, and how it helped me appreciate music (especially instrumental music with no lyrics/voices) more than it did before. Mind you, that isn't to say that only music geeks like myself can appreciate music, but it just helps you understand how much time and effort it takes to make a good song. It doesn't take a day. It takes weeks, months even, and that's the simple stuff! So I encourage you all, join your school's band or choir if they offer one. You may not like it (I actually ended up quitting band, but not choir!) but it will just help you to appreciate what we so often take for granted.

There is so much more I want to talk about, but I'm almost at the character limit, so I want your guys' insight. what do you think about the music in this game?
I can't agree more. The music in this game is simply amazing. Though I didn't like Marlybone or Krokotopia music much, or Wizard City music.

The worlds with my favorite music are Wysteria, Aquila, Mooshu, Dragonspyre, Wintertusk, Avalon, and Khrysalis, Khrysalis having my favorite of all time. Just listen to the Starfall Sea theme. AMAZING! The entire world has good music. I also love the Shadow Palace Battle music.

I'm not in my school's Band or Choir, but I'd really like to be in Choir. Thank you for posting this!

-Nick level 100
"Child of Light and Shadow"