Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Guardian spirit need to end.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 08, 2013
I think we have all had this experience in pvp.

1. Get in a duel with a 75+ life.
2. Get him on the run
3. Guy casts guardian spirit. Well its just a little health ill just attack him fast!
4. CRITICAL!
5. Since he has a power pip he uses pixie and restores most of his health.
6. Ultimately this makes the fight may longer or he wins.
Please end this spell I don't mean to offend anyone really no one, but for the sake of the good pvp players that are quitting just put a nice ol no pvp sign on the spell please.

-Sincerely everyone

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
"-sincerely everyone" Because every single person agrees with you. /sarc
Just watch for the spell, and then get a secondary hit ready to kill him as soon as he heals back with spirit. Or spam him with Infections and keep Doom up to lessen the effect. Just because you can't adapt to counter something doesn't mean it's OP.

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
Why don't you make life wizards playable in pvp again before go taking away our spells in pvp
As far as I'm concerned life wizards shouldn't even be in pvp any more simply because there are just to many counters to our school that's it's just no longer playable

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
"sincerely, everyone"?

just because you cannot or don't want to counter a spell doesn't make it overpowered;
guardian spirit does not need to end. you need to adjust your strategy.

this spell is available on crowns gear at the midlevels, and i have run into it on my magus fire vet, who fights grandmasters. so here are some tips for you:

how i counter: infection, dispels, maybe doom (although i tend to avoid this one, since it inhibits my ability to heal off a big hit)... and the old 1-2.

-in this particular scenario, you should line up 2 hits. if you play your cards right, your opponent should not survive the second one.

-if, by some chance, he does survive the second hit, he'll be in bad shape and most likely need to heal; but he can't do two things at once. you've put him in a position where he has to choose between healing himself and hitting you, and the wrong choice will cost him the match.

you must learn to anticipate your opponent's next move before they do, and capitalize on their mistakes before they realize they've made one.

-von
veteran

Survivor
Mar 03, 2012
So you're saying you need to have a strategy ready just for this particular incident? It works in theory but I put my deck in order according to what usually works and my decks works on every school except for when this happens. I can't adjust my deck into a strategy that will work just for life because the chances of battling one are slimmer than battling a storm. I'm not going to fix my deck for guardian spirit and hope I get a life.

Defender
Oct 10, 2010
joyjoy89 on Jun 26, 2014 wrote:
So you're saying you need to have a strategy ready just for this particular incident? It works in theory but I put my deck in order according to what usually works and my decks works on every school except for when this happens. I can't adjust my deck into a strategy that will work just for life because the chances of battling one are slimmer than battling a storm. I'm not going to fix my deck for guardian spirit and hope I get a life.
JoyJoy89,

I find that many players use the Wand to get this spell, so more than just Life will use Guardian Spirit.
I'm not sure what level you are at, but if you get Dark Nova, it can be a very helpful second hit.
I bring it out just before I expect to kill the life Wizard, and then after he is brought back to life,
Dark Nova does it's damage. From that point, I usually have a good chance of taking down the Life.
Just keep Doom up, or at least an infection or two on them.