Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

High-Level Pet Restrictions in PvP

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 14, 2010
Lately I've been noticing that a lot of people who Rank PvP have very overpowered pets, which were probably gained through their Shared Bank. I feel very anguished about apprentice-ranked wizards having this advantage in PvP. I've also seen transfered pets that are gained from only specific class quests for the actual pet or a spell as well (ex. Helephant or a Spinysaurus).
There's also a lot of incidents when apprentice wizards will use high-level treasure cards (came from packs or buddies that donated treasure cards), such as the spell Judgemental or other kinds of these spells.

Crown Shop equipment can also break Ranked PvP, because some items have high-ranked spells that can defeat the opposing challenger in a matter of a few rounds (this also applies to pets. Ex: Lil Siren or the Storm Hound).

These features that can be accessed by low-level wizards, just seem completely unfair. There's also a lot of criticism in some duels, as the opposing challenger may have buddies who root for them, just because of spells/etc. and would simply call you a "newbie" or may tell you that "you'll never win against him/her!". I've always been told that "you can do anything in pvp, so deal with it", but seriously, it just breaks the legitimacy and point of playing PvP.

Some suggestions on how to fix this:
- restrict pet transfer in the Shared Bank
- set level minimum for pets that have high-damage spells
- set level minimum for packs (or modify the contents of armor
pieces).

In my entire lifetime I've only seen, like five people who play legit.

Marcus Battlebringer Level 6 (PvP account)
Alt. of Eric Owlhunter Level 50

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
1. Pets take a lot more time and effort than low level PvP, to restrict transfer would drive many players out of the game. Those players have qorked very hard on those pets. Solution: Train your own pet. Put in the time and effort others have and worry more about improving your own character and less about weakening others to your level.

2. No point in setting a limit like that. Pet cards are already weaker or equal to the same treasure cards in the Bazaar.

3. Packs already give gear based on your current level, no point in changing it.

Survivor
Apr 23, 2012
Eric Owlhunter on Jun 4, 2014 wrote:
Lately I've been noticing that a lot of people who Rank PvP have very overpowered pets, which were probably gained through their Shared Bank. I feel very anguished about apprentice-ranked wizards having this advantage in PvP. I've also seen transfered pets that are gained from only specific class quests for the actual pet or a spell as well (ex. Helephant or a Spinysaurus).
There's also a lot of incidents when apprentice wizards will use high-level treasure cards (came from packs or buddies that donated treasure cards), such as the spell Judgemental or other kinds of these spells.

Crown Shop equipment can also break Ranked PvP, because some items have high-ranked spells that can defeat the opposing challenger in a matter of a few rounds (this also applies to pets. Ex: Lil Siren or the Storm Hound).

These features that can be accessed by low-level wizards, just seem completely unfair. There's also a lot of criticism in some duels, as the opposing challenger may have buddies who root for them, just because of spells/etc. and would simply call you a "newbie" or may tell you that "you'll never win against him/her!". I've always been told that "you can do anything in pvp, so deal with it", but seriously, it just breaks the legitimacy and point of playing PvP.

Some suggestions on how to fix this:
- restrict pet transfer in the Shared Bank
- set level minimum for pets that have high-damage spells
- set level minimum for packs (or modify the contents of armor
pieces).

In my entire lifetime I've only seen, like five people who play legit.

Marcus Battlebringer Level 6 (PvP account)
Alt. of Eric Owlhunter Level 50
No. I want to be able to transfer my main pet to my lower level wizards. Too many changes have already been made for the sake of PvP.

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
If the game allows it, it is "legit". If it is available to everyone, it is "fair".

It's getting really tiresome seeing thread after thread where one player wants the game changed to suit his or her personal playing style. PvP is fine as it is. Pets are fine as they are. Gear is fine. Use what is available or not, but don't expect other players not to use things because you chose not to.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
It gets really old seeing threads about PvP players who can't win because of .... *insert whining here*.

There are no over-powered pets, just as there are no over-powered schools. Pets are what you hatch and train them to be. Just because you don't have one, doesn't make it wrong for someone else to have an awesome pet.

I have hundreds of pets. I like pets. I have perfect 250 stat pets. I have many different talent sets I can use for any pet in the Spiral. Here's the kicker ..... I play PvE.

Everyone in the game has access to what they want. They just have to put the time and effort into getting it. It's not always easy, as a matter-of-fact, it can take a long time. But, no one person or small group has a right to try and take away what someone else has worked hard for. No one.

Survivor
Jun 14, 2010
The point of the thread wasn't to encourage defensive action against my suggestions. I never had any intention of making people mad at me just for my simple ideas.

Call me a "whiner" or "no-good pvper", I honestly don't care. I'm just throwing out some ideas and in return I get massed with hate responses towards me. I'm just putting these things out just to balance PvP a bit more, atleast for the more low-level PvP.

Since I'm more of the fair-type-pvp-person, I personally (yes I get why you'd say Kingsisle shouldn't tweak it just for the sake of one person) just dislike how most ranked battles last for only about five rounds, then the opposing challenger would use a treasure card or a pet spell to instantly kill the other person.

If you don't have a different solution or idea, then please don't respond and keep your personal opinion on PvP silent in this thread. I'd prefer this topic to stay on topic and not to be a hate thread just because I have a different opinion than most. Basically meaning I'd prefer more suggestions, more revisions based on my first ideas and less of the "be quiet I really don't want to hear this kind of stuff anymore.." responses.

You don't have to like what I say, but atleast keep your responses positive and a bit more resourceful to this thread.

Defender
Aug 11, 2013
Eric Owlhunter on Jun 8, 2014 wrote:
The point of the thread wasn't to encourage defensive action against my suggestions. I never had any intention of making people mad at me just for my simple ideas.

Call me a "whiner" or "no-good pvper", I honestly don't care. I'm just throwing out some ideas and in return I get massed with hate responses towards me. I'm just putting these things out just to balance PvP a bit more, atleast for the more low-level PvP.

Since I'm more of the fair-type-pvp-person, I personally (yes I get why you'd say Kingsisle shouldn't tweak it just for the sake of one person) just dislike how most ranked battles last for only about five rounds, then the opposing challenger would use a treasure card or a pet spell to instantly kill the other person.

If you don't have a different solution or idea, then please don't respond and keep your personal opinion on PvP silent in this thread. I'd prefer this topic to stay on topic and not to be a hate thread just because I have a different opinion than most. Basically meaning I'd prefer more suggestions, more revisions based on my first ideas and less of the "be quiet I really don't want to hear this kind of stuff anymore.." responses.

You don't have to like what I say, but atleast keep your responses positive and a bit more resourceful to this thread.
Sorry, not buying. You want other people to conform to these notions of yours or have KI change the rules so people are forced to conform to your ideas. That ain't gonna fly.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
High level pet spells aren't game changing. Even a high damage spell like Triton or Gnomes from a pet doesn't help all that much, since you can't enchant it and only get one. I could have a sideboard full of the treasure card, so why limit pets?

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
You may want to play in tournaments that offer some with limitations, such as no amulets, treasure cards or pets. This way you continue to pvp, while fighting other players who appreciate these types of limitations too.

And maybe someday, KI will allow players to construct pvp matches with a range of limitations you can use to set up matches that offer what you suggest.