Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Practice Fighting

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 13, 2010
I was thinking about if Wizard101 could have practice battles somewhere in the spiral, probably near the arena, where you can fight in survival mode or in a wave mode to see how many battles you can last with a deck. After you finish the waves or get knocked out of survival, you get a score and a message pops up that says some things that you could fix to help you last longer. This could help people with organizing their deck and knowing which cards they need and can get rid of. Also, you could choose a certain boss to fight, fight them, and get a score and feedback on how to improve on beating them.

Andrew Lioncaller, 97

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I think the idea would be fun if you had it as Endurance Games. You enter and keep fighting until you lose. Enemies get progressively harder and no pause to change decks or use potions. The further you get, the more the reward in tickets, rank, items, snacks, gold or whatever.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
seethe42 on May 20, 2014 wrote:
I think the idea would be fun if you had it as Endurance Games. You enter and keep fighting until you lose. Enemies get progressively harder and no pause to change decks or use potions. The further you get, the more the reward in tickets, rank, items, snacks, gold or whatever.
Oh these are fun ideas! I want the old reshuffle back for that.

Survivor
Feb 12, 2009
Yeah those are good ideas, I would love to see them in the game
-Leesha LifeHeart

Survivor
Apr 13, 2010
Survival is pretty much endurance. You fight as long as you can until you get knocked out. The whole point of this is to test out how a deck does so you wouldn't be able to change decks at any time, and it would be an endless thing so you wouldn't have any time to use your potions.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
seethe, you and I dont always agree, but I can not deny, this would be a freaking SLICK option for the game! Enter a sigil with your gear/deck setup, then just fight till you drop! For added difficulty, you could have an option where you dont get health back between battles

Survivor
Apr 13, 2010
dayerider on May 24, 2014 wrote:
seethe, you and I dont always agree, but I can not deny, this would be a freaking SLICK option for the game! Enter a sigil with your gear/deck setup, then just fight till you drop! For added difficulty, you could have an option where you dont get health back between battles
Like I said before, the battles would just continue until you do drop. As soon as you finish one battle it would spawn an enemy immediately after and you would start. No time to change decks or anything.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
drudude5626 on May 25, 2014 wrote:
Like I said before, the battles would just continue until you do drop. As soon as you finish one battle it would spawn an enemy immediately after and you would start. No time to change decks or anything.
yeah, I must have just glossed over that. Either way, nice options! Would be the ultimate gauntlet!

Defender
May 29, 2013
I love that idea!
1 problem: The reshuffle thing
People generally keep 1-2 reshuffles in their decks (I go for 2 so i can reshuffle someone else)
That's literally the only problem

My suggestion is to renew the deck every x number of battles, or to renew something like 10 cards per battle

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
kylesar1 on May 28, 2014 wrote:
I love that idea!
People generally keep 1-2 reshuffles in their decks (I go for 2 so i can reshuffle someone else)

My suggestion is to renew the deck every x number of battles, or to renew something like 10 cards per battle
Best option would be that regular spells reset in deck every battle like normal. The major challenges would be balancing use of TC because those will run out, and managing your health every battle before the kill. Death would have a huge advantage in that, but other schools could make up for it by teamwork.

Survivor
Apr 13, 2010
kylesar1 on May 28, 2014 wrote:
I love that idea!

The point of this is supposed to make it like you are actually doing multiple battles or one big boss battle. It helps you build a deck to fight efficiently and effectively. It's not supposed to limit you on what you can do, it is supposed to help you with what you need to work on. There is no need to not be able to reshuffle.