Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What is Alchemy?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 11, 2013
Gretta Darkette in Firecat Alley said breifly that she used to teach Alchemy? What is Alchemy and where can you learn it? Thanks for your help

Brandon Storyrunner-Level 51 Balance/Ice Wizard

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Brandon Storyrunne... on May 14, 2014 wrote:
Gretta Darkette in Firecat Alley said breifly that she used to teach Alchemy? What is Alchemy and where can you learn it? Thanks for your help

Alchemy is changing one substance into another (an oversimplification im sure) so we Transmutations of reagents.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Alchemy is changing one thing into something else. In game terms the closest thing to Alchemy is in transmuting crafting reagents. There's no school for it, you get recipes from crafters throughout the spiral.

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
Maybe it was a topic that used to be taught in ravenwood. Or it could be the next form of magic ...
Saffron Sandsword
Legendary
Sarai Thunderstrider
Initiate

Explorer
Jun 16, 2011
as far as i know, you can't.
I gess they could not find a repacenent after she left.

level 86
level 22

Defender
Jul 27, 2011
Brandon Storyrunne... on May 14, 2014 wrote:

Alchemy does not exist in this game, it was something that was referred to. It is an old method of science that basically states that something of equal value has to be exchanged to get something new, i.e. equivalence exchange. The idea was to turn one material into something new. A prime example that Alchemists tried to do was to turn coal into gold. Of course, this has not yet happened in real life. Another thing Alchemists wanted to do was to make an elixir, to be able to live for long periods of time, or even forever. This is a medieval practice that is no longer seen, for the most part. Isaac Newton was an Alchemist, to name a famous one.

Resource: I study myths and renaissance related things, something that I have minored in within college.

Sincerely,
Seth NightFlame 100
Child of Light and Shadow

Survivor
Apr 01, 2013
Google says: "the medieval forerunner of chemistry, concerned with the transmutation of matter, in particular with attempts to convert base metals into gold or find a universal elixir."

Basically Alchemy is chemistry but Medieval version .
Hope this helped!! :)

- Alejandro Story
- Alejandro Story

Explorer
Apr 21, 2012
Alchemy is awesome. So is early chemistry. I love history.

Survivor
Oct 11, 2013
thanks for everybodys help!
Brandon Storyrunner Level 51 Balance/Ice Wizard