Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

helping with hatching

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 24, 2009
hi, i'm trying to get my storm elf pet to get good talents. the last 5 hatches ive done however, have gotten me the same talents. they are: fairy friend (teen) spell proof (adult) then the selfish talent (ancient) do you know how to get rid of this selfish talent? thanks :)

btw this is my first forum post :D

Defender
Aug 25, 2013
So long as you continue hatching with that same pet that talent will always be in it's gene line.

So my answer is mostly: keep hatching and eventually you may get it out.

If you want a BETTER chance at getting it out, use one of your new pets to hatch (before it give the fail gene.)

-The RavenCatcher

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Try to hatch with pets that have all things you want, but don't have the bad talent. Sometimes it takes a few tries but you can get it right.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
If you have a pet you know does not have selfish talents, use that. If you want to keep your storm elf with storm talents, then you might think about hatching with another storm pet.

Don't hatch the same storm elf with another you have with the same talents. They will mirror each other and you will never get the selfish talent(s) out of the gene pool. Try to find someone that has an excellent storm pet, or someone who has an excellent universal pet (with balance blade as it's pet card + all universal talents).

A universal pet is one who does not have any school-specific talents. I'll use one of my pets as an example:

Damp Demon (comes with Balance Blade card)
MC Dragonblade
MC Tower Shield
Sharp Shot
MC Balance Blade
Pain Giver (+6 damage)
Proof (10)
Sprite
Defy (5)
Fairy
Unicorn

On this pet, I know what every possible talent is. This is also an all 250 stat pet. The ones highlighted in bold are the ones that manifested. MC=may cast. I use this pet (and many more like it) to hatch with other not-so-great pets so I can get the talent pool I want.

It does take time and patience, but with a bit of hatching, pretty soon you'll get the talents you don't want out, and the cool ones you want in.

Good luck!

Survivor
Jul 24, 2009
ok, thanks.

another question i have is i have 2 first gen vigilant dragons, and they both can get may cast tower shield, but dont have it manifested yet. if i keep hatching will i eventually get it?

Defender
Aug 25, 2013
Spongebob4lyf on May 11, 2014 wrote:
ok, thanks.

another question i have is i have 2 first gen vigilant dragons, and they both can get may cast tower shield, but dont have it manifested yet. if i keep hatching will i eventually get it?
It's a possibility.

It's less likely to happen since it hasn't manifested in either pet but yes it is still a possibility.

-The RavenCatcher