Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Connections to the real world

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 27, 2011
I have always wondered about the ideas in the game and the happenings and history of real life. For instance I am doing a report on Charles Dickens, and I was going through some plots that were in his book, and I came across a few words that sparked my memory. Newgate prison is mentioned in one of his books as well as Pickwick. I logged into the game and searched around a bit and sure enough I found Newgate prison (Marleybone) and Pigswick (Wysteria). I am very intrigued by this and I hope you are too. Post your findings that are in game that connect to the real world!

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
embo1754 on Apr 28, 2014 wrote:
I have always wondered about the ideas in the game and the happenings and history of real life. For instance I am doing a report on Charles Dickens, and I was going through some plots that were in his book, and I came across a few words that sparked my memory. Newgate prison is mentioned in one of his books as well as Pickwick. I logged into the game and searched around a bit and sure enough I found Newgate prison (Marleybone) and Pigswick (Wysteria). I am very intrigued by this and I hope you are too. Post your findings that are in game that connect to the real world!
Way too many to post... and it's all in another post from at least a year ago called Easter Eggs, with hundreds of replies.

Defender
Aug 25, 2013
Almost everything in this game has it's ties to the real world...

Zafaria is made to look like the Savannah's in Africa.
Avalon is Medieval Times and tied to King Arthur (King Artorius? )
Khrysalis (Chrysalis) is a bug world. Just look up what Chrysalis means and you'll get it
Celestia honestly reminds me of Hawaii.

And i'm pretty sure there are several that other people have noticed that I myself haven't picked up on

John RavenCatcher - lvl100
John StormWalker - lvl95
John DragonPyre - lvl58
John FrostShard - lvl63

"Bambi is my old name.
Now.. Now they call me Deer Knight."

Survivor
Jul 27, 2011
RavenLady777 on Apr 28, 2014 wrote:
Way too many to post... and it's all in another post from at least a year ago called Easter Eggs, with hundreds of replies.
Oh cool I didn't know about it! I was just thinking about it recently and I didn't really do much research to see if there was other posts but I made this one anyway.

Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
That's one of the best parts about the game are the parallels one can find in all the zones with modern and ancient history :P