Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

disappearing cursor glitch.

AuthorMessage
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
So I was in a dungeon in Khrysalis; I beat 4 ice and 4 death mobs, then moved onto the main event: a storm boss and 3 ice minions... I was down to 300 health, but managed to get it back up and start attacking.

But then, my cursor disappeared. As in, completely went away, leaving me with no way to cast or defend myself. So I had no choice but to let them keep hitting me until I died, but that didn't fix the issue: back in Bastion, my cursor was still missing. Since it was a no-port instance, my friends couldn't even help me. I had to log out, and thus lost all of my progress in the dungeon and had to redo the whole thing. That's an hour of my time wasted, that I can't have back.

This issue has nothing to do with my computer. I minimized my screen and the cursor appeared on the border, but disappeared the instant I moved it over the game window. A friend of mine also experienced this earlier in the day, so I know it's most definitely not me.

Someone, please fix this before it costs me another instance.

-von

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
This happens to me a lot when I am running two accounts. Although strange I have an easier time getting it back during combat. If you use your arrow keys, it will scroll through the cards you have showing. When you get to a card that takes a target, press the space bar. The cursor will reappear.

At least this is what I do. Your glitch may have been totally different.

Survivor
Apr 07, 2013
Dr Von on Apr 27, 2014 wrote:
So I was in a dungeon in Khrysalis; I beat 4 ice and 4 death mobs, then moved onto the main event: a storm boss and 3 ice minions... I was down to 300 health, but managed to get it back up and start attacking.

But then, my cursor disappeared. As in, completely went away, leaving me with no way to cast or defend myself. So I had no choice but to let them keep hitting me until I died, but that didn't fix the issue: back in Bastion, my cursor was still missing. Since it was a no-port instance, my friends couldn't even help me. I had to log out, and thus lost all of my progress in the dungeon and had to redo the whole thing. That's an hour of my time wasted, that I can't have back.

This issue has nothing to do with my computer. I minimized my screen and the cursor appeared on the border, but disappeared the instant I moved it over the game window. A friend of mine also experienced this earlier in the day, so I know it's most definitely not me.

Someone, please fix this before it costs me another instance.

-von
you can use the arrow keys for the selecting of cards then push space to choose then use the arrow keys to select who you want to use it on. also see if your computer has one of those options for "pressing control shows where your mouse cursor is" or something like that. i do this when it happens to me. i hope you have better luck than i do with it after that.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Hannah Lifebringer on Apr 27, 2014 wrote:
This happens to me a lot when I am running two accounts. Although strange I have an easier time getting it back during combat. If you use your arrow keys, it will scroll through the cards you have showing. When you get to a card that takes a target, press the space bar. The cursor will reappear.

At least this is what I do. Your glitch may have been totally different.
Yes, I am familiar with the dual-boxing issue, as my ice and myth are on separate accounts and quest together. But this is the first time it's ever happened while running only one account.

That said, if it happens again, I will give this a try. Thank you!

-von