Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Heck hound is too powerful!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 12, 2013
Heck hound is far too powerful! i was versing this fire wizard in pvp and he saved up his pips to max and used heck hound. i died in two turns from that spell ( my health: 2415). I think heck hound is far too powerful to use at levels thirties and forties. i ask for it to be weakened a bit or be learned at higher level!
Isaac Silversword
Lvl 39

Historian
May 15, 2009
seriously? if you waited five turns to do anything then you honestly deserved to get beaten. you could have used shields, you could have put curses on him to lower his attack damage heck just buying one of those amulets or pieces of gear that gives a bad juju card would have made that attack very ineffective .

Survivor
Oct 29, 2011
Oh please, too much focus on PVP ruined this game. I oppose making any change to the game based on PVP.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Clever Wizard on Apr 20, 2014 wrote:
Heck hound is far too powerful! i was versing this fire wizard in pvp and he saved up his pips to max and used heck hound. i died in two turns from that spell ( my health: 2415). I think heck hound is far too powerful to use at levels thirties and forties. i ask for it to be weakened a bit or be learned at higher level!
Isaac Silversword
Lvl 39
Just because you couldn't beat the spell doesn't mean it's too powerful. It's not.

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
Isaac Silversword
Lvl 39
first off heck hound is strong ill say that but truthfully if he was saying up him pips that much you should of been tower sheild in and stuff like that because if you block you would have lived and you should of never let him get to him max um a mount of pips i mean if that was the lvl x spell for storm with that many pips you would of been dead and you could of yous abrose they give you the blocks so you can block i mean it not over powered at all dude any spell can be over power if it yous right so truthfully only thing over power here is storm once it get to a high lvl if you wanna talk about unfair talk about them i mean i ice and just one hit from a spell that cost them to pips takes out almost all my heath even with blocks now thats over powered truthfully storm the only thing that unfair on these game with there power they need to be lower a little at lest
95 wizard

Defender
Dec 15, 2013
i am fire wiz. and i totally disagree with you. What i think is powerful spell is tempest. that is just my opinion

KaneFirerider level 32

Explorer
Aug 15, 2012
Isaac Silversword
Lvl 39
Heck Hound is Overpowered its actually the easiest spell to get around: You can use Triage, Fire Shields of multiple kinds, you even have Ice Armor which can be maxed out also, Tower shield.

" A thought is like ice, once it crystalizes it starts growing further out"

Angel lvl 92
and others

Defender
Aug 25, 2013
heck hound is not overpowered.

Trust me on that there are more powerful spells to worry about (try judgement for example) and considering it's a DOT AND someone has to save up pips for it to be effective, there are several other routes to go in order to prevent this. stack fire shields if necessary, or (since you're ice) tower shield!

John RavenCatcher - lvl95
John StormWalker - lvl95
John DragonPyre - lvl54
John FrostShard - lvl58

"Bambi is my old name.
Now.. Now they call me Deer Knight."

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Heck Hound seems to be functioning properly. It killed you. There is no bug here.

Explorer
Dec 24, 2009
Dude, if anything, it's underpowered. It's easily blocked with shields, there's plenty of time for weakness or something of the sort, and it only does max damage over three rounds, plenty of time to shield it. Detonate makes heck hound easier to use but i'm gathering he was around your level and didn't have detonate. I'm not saying heck hound is weak (I know from personal experience) but it is by NO means overpowered.

Richard BattleStone-81

Defender
Jul 27, 2011
Robobot1747 on Apr 22, 2014 wrote:
Heck Hound seems to be functioning properly. It killed you. There is no bug here.
That was the most epic response I have ever seen.

In all seriousness, my opinion on this topic. Each school has spells where people do not want to face that school. Heck, I am even afraid to face Life's Gnome because that means I cannot heal easily. As others have said, it is the point of PvP to win. I personally, am terrible at PvP, a reason why I do not PvP. Any time I get beat, I go on with a shrug. Does not bother me. Know why? It is just a game. Ice has some cool counter measures that can be taken to beat Heck Hound, you just need to learn it.

Seth NightFlame 95
Taryn ShadowCloud 36

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
The only way Heck Hound could possibly be considered OP is when it's used in a 2 wizard combo attack with Detonate. It becomes the most powerful spell in the game but even then it's not really overpowered.

Survivor
Oct 12, 2013
I still used shields and stuff but as heck hound is a spell that lags it kept on doing 1025 damage each turn
Isaac Silversword
Lvl 41

Defender
Jan 13, 2013
What I think is oped is that dino thing for death forgot what it was it does soooooo much damage, if you watch blaze lifehammer watch ethan do his thing ;)

Delver
Apr 21, 2012
Autumn Summerstone on Apr 23, 2014 wrote:
What I think is oped is that dino thing for death forgot what it was it does soooooo much damage, if you watch blaze lifehammer watch ethan do his thing ;)
You mean Avenging Fossil? I don't find it overpowered, in fact, the spell at the same level has the same effect, but more damage, you're just referring to boosts and blades, I think.

Survivor
Apr 07, 2013
Isaac Silversword
Lvl 39
how is heckhound too powerful. because its a dot you have many chances to put in a shield. by the way fire is supposed to hit hard but less hard than storm. and also you can just tc triage it because then it goes away. also because your ice you can use a tower shield or a volcanic shield to lower the damage. as i just said, its not OP.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Diaako on Apr 20, 2014 wrote:
Oh please, too much focus on PVP ruined this game. I oppose making any change to the game based on PVP.
This, a thousand percent.

I am opposed to everything in the game being based around pvp, especially when PvE was there first and is the primary focus of the game. Any misuse or inaction by the pvp community does not justify a nerf to spells designed for pve.

-von
exalted cenetenarian of amazing amazingness!

Survivor
Mar 04, 2012
On my opinion, yes, it's a powerful spell, but no, it shouldn't be weakened or learned at a higher level, being that this game is based on PvE and not PvP I think it's totally fine, as a Fire wizard it's helped me multiple times.

If you think it should be weakened or learned at a higher level because you got beaten in battle is not exactly the best purpose to do that.

That's my opinion on it, and nobody needs to say I'm wrong or right, or that I'm just saying this because I'm a Fire wizard, that's just my opinion on this whole thing.

Katie Moonflame, level 64

Survivor
May 17, 2013
Diaako on Apr 20, 2014 wrote:
AMEN like dude your so right they dont need to change the game for pvp

Survivor
May 01, 2010
If you're worried about Heckhound, you should be terrified of my Stormhound. It can be a PvP monster with the right deck setup. Not to mention, why didn't you shield? I hope you put some in your deck...?