Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Holiday Mounts!

AuthorMessage
Spring has sprung, the grass has ris'
I wonder where the bunnies is?

Ok, I know that's not the right ending to that particular poem, but the answer is pretty easy - the Bunnies are here!

The Prismatic Hare and the Caerbannog Rabbit are in the Crown Shop for a limited time during this spring holiday event. Learn more at https://www.wizard101.com/game/spring_rabbits

But wait...there's more!
There's a special mount that can be obtained as a reward from duels, but only during this spring holiday event and only from bosses that are level-appropriate to the Wizard.
As long as Eggbert is in the Wizard City Shopping District, a third mount is available but it's very very rare...

Wizards who are under level 20 should seek this reward from Lord Nightshade..
Wizards who are under level 30 should seek this reward from Krokopatra.
Wizards who are under level 40 should seek this reward from Meowiarty.
Wizards who are under level 50 should seek this reward from Mika Skarka & Jade Oni.
Wizards who are under level 60 should seek this reward from Malistaire, Othin Stormfather.
Wizards who are under level 70 should seek this reward from Ptolemos, Astreaus, Mithraya.
Wizards who are under level 80 should seek this reward from Lion Spectral Guardians, Starburst Spiders, Tse Tse Snaketail, Gorilla Spectral Guardians, Zebra Spectral Guardians, Elephant Spectral Guardians.
Wizards who are under level 90 should seek this reward from Pendragon, Sir Malory, Black Dragon, White Dragon, Young Morganthe.
Wizards of all levels should seek this reward from Malistaire the Undying, Skurkis Screaming Moon, Huac Cries Blood, Yacate Farwalker

Don't want to spend the time dueling these bosses? Get your Stormrider mount at Wizard101 Central! http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?405219-Stormrider-Hare-Everybody-Wins-Raffle

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
Does this mean that if a level 90 farms at nightshade, that wizard will never receive the drop from him? I am slightly confused.

The creature must be level appropriate to the Wizard for a chance to obtain the item. You are correct, a level 90 Wizard cannot obtain this mount from Lord Nightshade.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Survivor
Dec 28, 2010
I have a wizard that is level 37. Will I be able to get the mount from Jade Oni?

Survivor
Jul 03, 2009
So, then if we are level 95, we should be doing Xibalba? Or the individual bosses?

Survivor
Jul 06, 2012
There's a loophole. All someone has to do to avoid a long, hard boss fight is kill Lord Nightshade on a different wizard, who IS under level 20, then put it in their shared bank. Unless the mounts are no trade, I haven't checked them out yet.

Survivor
Feb 24, 2011
Prospector Zeke on Apr 14, 2014 wrote:
The creature must be level appropriate to the Wizard for a chance to obtain the item. You are correct, a level 90 Wizard cannot obtain this mount from Lord Nightshade.
If i am level 50 i should be farming Jade Oni?

Survivor
Jan 11, 2014
So what if a lvl 60 took us into nightshade would the lvl 10 be able to get the item still?

Survivor
Sep 21, 2010
Guess I am a little confused, is there anything for level 95 wizards?

Administrator
AutumnSunshield on Apr 14, 2014 wrote:
Guess I am a little confused, is there anything for level 95 wizards?
"Wizards of all levels should seek this reward from Malistaire the Undying, Skurkis Screaming Moon, Huac Cries Blood, Yacate Farwalker"

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Jul 31, 2011
darkshadowjg93 on Apr 14, 2014 wrote:
If i am level 50 i should be farming Jade Oni?
If you are 50 or above you need to farm the next tier up...

Wizards who are under level 60 should seek this reward from Malistaire, Othin Stormfather.

Jade Oni is for those wizards who are UNDER 50

Survivor
Jan 18, 2012
What if you are a level 90 exactly. Can I farm the bosses that say under lvl 90 or so I do the bosses for lvl 95

Survivor
Dec 12, 2012
I am a level 26. I don't have the Krokopatra quest because I am still in Krokosphinx. Does that mean I can't get one of these mounts because I am over level 20 but not yet to Krokopatra?

Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
Will Yacate in Alto Alto drop it or only the one in Xibalba?

Survivor
Feb 15, 2011
Does Yacate Farwalker in Xolotl Tower also drop the mount or just in Xibalba?

Iridian Willowglen

Survivor
Apr 18, 2010
If a level 95 takes a level 37 in to the jade oni will the low level be able to get it or if there is a high level wizard in there nobody will be able to get it.

Defender
Mar 02, 2009
I have three friends who have six 95 wizards on their accounts. If I choose to fight on my level 68 myth with them, whilst they farm Xibalba and I port in (not sure if you can, but assuming you can), does my 68 have a chance of getting the mount from there?

Survivor
Jan 21, 2013
For Yacate Farwalker, is it the one in the Xolotl Tower or the one in Xibalba?

Survivor
May 16, 2013
As a level 89, i want to farm Sir Malory, but is it a drop from malory's tower, or from where you go back in time to young morganthe or can you get the drop from moth Sir Malory fights? Thank you c:

Survivor
Sep 26, 2013
There are two versions of Yacate Farwalker. Can a lvl 95 fight either one of them to get the mount?

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
Given that I had to change realms 3 times on my little ice wizard due to Promethean wizards staking Nightshade's cave, I don't think folks are really grasping how this works. The boss you farm has to be level appropriate. Level 95 wizards are not going to get the drop from Nightshade.

Explorer
Jul 16, 2009
Bunny mounts are awesome! Your rules for possible free retrieval are great... but, they are still super awesome, ( thoughts for super awesome are all caps). :) Bunny mounts!! :D

Hero
May 02, 2009
Quick question regarding skurkis screaming moon and yacate farwalker; can we fight the single-fight versions of them or do we have to go through xibalba for the chance of the mount? Thanks in advance.

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
Just wondering....would it be cheating if I played as a lower level wiz to get the mount then put it in my shared bank to use on my high level wiz.

Defender
Feb 09, 2009
i didn't know about a mount but i was able to get the egg pet last night on my level 95 storm. what i wanted was the bunny suit and one of the bunny head staffs. thanks any way.
i will be farming for the mount for all my players