Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gardening Seed Storage

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 19, 2012
I'd like to suggest that an item for the storage of multiple seeds, such as a seed pouch or seed box be added to the game. Crafters have the luxury of being able to accumulate up to 999 of every reagent in the game without using a single space in their backpack or bank. In comparison, every single seed that a gardener has counts as a used space in their bank or backpack until it is planted or sold. This storage limitation can make things very difficult for those of us who are avid gardeners and manage multiple large gardens. I hope KI will give this Idea some serious thought and make it a reality in the near future.

Survivor
Jan 08, 2012
I would like to second this motion I have wanted a "seed bank" in the shared bank next to the shared reagent bank for quite some time now and look forward to this being implemented by King's Isle as soon as practical.

Delver
Mar 29, 2012
I have requested this before, I really hope ki listens this time. It would only encourage me to spend more crowns, not less.

Amber Raven Song

Survivor
Apr 20, 2011
I would like to say, I agree. We need a seed storage set up like the reagents have. We have needed this for a long time. Please KI hear our plea. :-)

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Even if it wasn't like reagents (no one really needs 999 seeds). If they at least separated the seed bag from backpack. Give us a seed bag with 100 capacity (120 for members). That would solve pretty much every gardener's needs. Right now you have to juggle seeds between backpack, bank and shared bank just to be able to plant a full field.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I agree and feel this is long overdue. I would also love to see seeds be banksharable like reagents are. The problem is, seeds are considered a housing item and they're not normal housing items either. In order to plant ONE seed you need to take up TWO housing decoration slots (one for the seed AND one for the plot). UNlike every other housing decoration, you can drop them anywhere in your house provided you have room, but you can't drop an unplanted seed anywhere. In order for this to change, they would first need to reprogram what seeds are, and then how they accumulate. I'm not saying it can't be done. I'm trying to illustrate the current problem with seeds

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
Agreed, I'm tired of space wasting of seeds in bank and backpack. I rotate what I plant so I have a few hoards of seeds I they were easily obtainable I would just sell for more space, but most of what I plant are dropped/crown seeds. Please KI treat seeds like reagents via a seed bag; even if it is a housing item, perhaps that expands as you level in gardening-as it would encourage people to garden. Just my two cents.

Survivor
May 08, 2014
KI Please make us a seed bank equal to crafting regents.
Or at least STACK seeds in inventory so one seed type takes up one space.

It is ridiculous that I have one gardener and 4 alts just to hold seeds.

Please allow us to mass sell seeds like regents also. This is 2014, why are we still one clicking each and every seed to sell in the bazaar?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
xardas necro on Jun 29, 2014 wrote:
KI Please make us a seed bank equal to crafting regents.
Or at least STACK seeds in inventory so one seed type takes up one space.

It is ridiculous that I have one gardener and 4 alts just to hold seeds.

Please allow us to mass sell seeds like regents also. This is 2014, why are we still one clicking each and every seed to sell in the bazaar?
Honestly, the mass sell seeds I see no point. You can always quick sell those.

Survivor
May 08, 2014
seethe42 on Jun 30, 2014 wrote:
Honestly, the mass sell seeds I see no point. You can always quick sell those.
Gardening is done for multiple reasons: tc's, gold, reagents etc.
Why would a gardner quick sell any seeds at all when we make ~60% more gold from selling in the bazarre?
Again, I request you make this process easier (for those of us who actually like to maximize our efforts and spend more time playing the game then one clicking sellable items.)
I know not all people will agree. Just those of us who actually think and plan for maximum results.
I request you make the same true for feeding No Auction items to pets.
With 300 Key Lime seeds in wizards attics on this account, I always dread the spring cleaning hours of one-clicks when the whole process could be made easier.
Thanks in advance!
X.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
xardas necro on Aug 22, 2014 wrote:
Gardening is done for multiple reasons: tc's, gold, reagents etc.
Why would a gardner quick sell any seeds at all when we make ~60% more gold from selling in the bazarre?
Again, I request you make this process easier (for those of us who actually like to maximize our efforts and spend more time playing the game then one clicking sellable items.)
I know not all people will agree. Just those of us who actually think and plan for maximum results.
I request you make the same true for feeding No Auction items to pets.
With 300 Key Lime seeds in wizards attics on this account, I always dread the spring cleaning hours of one-clicks when the whole process could be made easier.
Thanks in advance!
X.
If you need to "maximize" your effort to get more gold by selling seeds, you're doing something wrong. Most players who garden have to dump gold, not try to save it. Don't wait for "spring cleaning" just clear them out at the end of the night. It takes a couple minutes to visit the bazaar and sell off stuff. For the most part, seeds that can be sold aren't really worth either selling or keeping.

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
I would love this!!! I bet you 50% of my backpack is full of seeds. Maybe we should have to craft it or something, but the recipe shouldn't be outrageous. Like it shouldn't require amber . Maybe some perfect jades, some gardening treasure cards..... Some plant seeds or maybe even some wooden planks and scrap iron?