Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Future of Critical Rating: FATAL!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 07, 2010
Since critical ratings were introduced after Level 50, and since the raise of the level cap increase to Level 100 is imminent, I just thought of something. Why won't there be something 'new'? Like an upgrade to critical ratings?

Critical ratings wouldn't be replaced at all. It would just be an addition. Fatal attacks would deal thrice its original damage.

This could be, like critical ratings, only be acquired from gears. And because it might be 'too strong' it would be like Stun Resistance, barely found on gears.

Being aware that this suggestion might unbalance the game, it is still just a suggestion and bound to disapproval and criticisms.

Survivor
Sep 23, 2011
ROBB1005 on Mar 23, 2014 wrote:
Since critical ratings were introduced after Level 50, and since the raise of the level cap increase to Level 100 is imminent, I just thought of something. Why won't there be something 'new'? Like an upgrade to critical ratings?

Critical ratings wouldn't be replaced at all. It would just be an addition. Fatal attacks would deal thrice its original damage.

This could be, like critical ratings, only be acquired from gears. And because it might be 'too strong' it would be like Stun Resistance, barely found on gears.

Being aware that this suggestion might unbalance the game, it is still just a suggestion and bound to disapproval and criticisms.
sure as long as fire and storm wizards can't get their hands on it I would agree especially storm wizard who are way to op anyways but complain the most. and dont give me that they are not as ki has fixed every weakness they ever had. No way they should have gotten a heal when they do the most damage by a lot and myth school didn't and the fizz argument was settle when they gave them a wand for it.

Defender
Jan 02, 2011

I like the idea of enhancing critical in some way.

But I would also like to see an "instant death" check for targets that are more than 20 levels below the caster. For all spells.

Course I'd also like to low level spells stop fizzling for high level mages (level 90 life mage still, after all that time and practice, fizzling a sprite for example. )

Explorer
Apr 01, 2012

AS long as it's not in pvp in any way shape or form and that the storm and fire schools cannot do it, it would be fine. at least in my opinion, but absolutely no pvp or that section of the forums would be.......loud with complaints.

Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
No Fatal for Fire and Storm! That is so not fair! We can have that to and rather then not letting us have it then just give us lower Fatal. Also why do you think KI fixes all of are problems you are very wrong... Have you ever seen Fire's Waterworks gear then you would know we have the second weakest gear second to Ice so yeah bye!

Survivor
Aug 28, 2013
AnthonyAngleBrand on Mar 28, 2014 wrote:
No Fatal for Fire and Storm! That is so not fair! We can have that to and rather then not letting us have it then just give us lower Fatal. Also why do you think KI fixes all of are problems you are very wrong... Have you ever seen Fire's Waterworks gear then you would know we have the second weakest gear second to Ice so yeah bye!
What, putting another disadvantage on storm, are ya?

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
shadowbalance36 on Mar 24, 2014 wrote:
sure as long as fire and storm wizards can't get their hands on it I would agree especially storm wizard who are way to op anyways but complain the most. and dont give me that they are not as ki has fixed every weakness they ever had. No way they should have gotten a heal when they do the most damage by a lot and myth school didn't and the fizz argument was settle when they gave them a wand for it.
Why do fire and storm have to be left out? Anyway this idea sounds good but it can't be included into pvp or else it will cause some serious issues. Fire and storm aren't op. We're meant to be hard hitters and because we hit hard we suffer from low health and low accuracy. In pve, all schools are balanced.