Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sometimes its not even fun...

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 06, 2010
Alot of times, ill be questing through Celestia or Zafaria, when I come across a boss with a cheat thats so unfair the game becomes not even fun anymore. I would like to say please make bosses with no cheats or easy cheats for me and probably half of the legends through promos will agree with me. Please change this KI for me and a ton of other players to continue to play this game.

Explorer
Jan 12, 2013
BrandonOfTheWorld on Mar 19, 2014 wrote:
Alot of times, ill be questing through Celestia or Zafaria, when I come across a boss with a cheat thats so unfair the game becomes not even fun anymore. I would like to say please make bosses with no cheats or easy cheats for me and probably half of the legends through promos will agree with me. Please change this KI for me and a ton of other players to continue to play this game.
Brace yourself for the second half of Azteca and Khrysalis. I personally find the cheats make it more challenging, but understand your point of view. However, in Khrysalis, both my life and fire wizards faced the first boss that they could not solo (excluding dungeons like waterworks, helephant tower and the hades tower).

Steven Hawk
Life Promethean
Fire Promethean

Survivor
Jul 21, 2012
I know that seems unfair, but it makes sense. If the game was too easy it wouldn't be any fun either. Besides, your an older wizard, your spells should be able to beat those guys! If they can't, (which I wouldn't know because I'm only on Marylebone) I suggest going back to easier world to get stronger. Also, I think when you come across him calm down so you don't freak out in front of your computer! Hope that helped a little.
Good luck guys!

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
i agree with this.

i've said many times that cheating bosses do not belong in the storyline; optional ones (ie waterworks and tortureus) are fine, but quests in the main arc should be able to be completed by everyone, including casual and solo players.

i have 3 prometheans, and the cheats stopped being easy and/or reasonable about 30 levels ago. i do not want the game nerfed, as the annoying/long/cheaty instances can actually be quite fun with good friends (because misery loves company; ergo, if we are all miserable, it's not as bad). but let me reiterate that cheats do not belong in the main quest line of a game that's aimed at casual players.

come on, ki~ stop catering to the hardcore/pvp set and let them create their own "challenges", rather than forcing it on all of us. for those who want a hardcore game, there are plenty out there. so find one, and leave our spiral alone.

-von

Defender
Jan 03, 2013
Life is tough.

Main point, we all faced the same thing you have in the game. Within your case it sounds like you have been defeated more than once. We have too in battles, but you know what we do? Get back to fight the enemies again. Dislodging the cheats from enemies makes the game more bland and confusing for a story line. They add variety so we can compose of new strategies and ideas for battles. And don't get me wrong I love the Malistaire Arc but however the story didn't seem to possess a good enough ending, thus creating a more complex and interesting environment now.

Defender
May 01, 2011
Bosses with the ability to cheat are suppose to make things challenging. KI made them so all bosses weren't easy and boring. It adds a little spice to the game!