Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How to be amazing in any school!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 09, 2009
Hey guys, today I will be sharing how to be good with ANY school! All have flaws and all have pros too. This list will help you utilize all the pros in the seven schools.

Life-You are an excellent healer so keep in/out going high. Damage is really the only flaw, so to solve this, have high damage on life, and, life has an amazing amount of blades so use em'! I have seen life do tremendous amounts of damage with good blading and damage.

Death- Death usually comes even with pips and damage (Ex. skel. pirate-500 ish damage- 5 pips). And death also has jugg health and good damage/heal spells. There are really no major flaws in death besisdes maybe accuracy.So just have a little accuracy, a high critical rating, moderate damage, and decent in/out going heal. This will make you very succsessful, as you will find out.

Myth- The biggest troll in the game. With earthquake, every counter to negative blades and traps in the book, and very good damage, this school is very good for pvp. But one flaw if your struggling with this school is probably accuracy. So for this school, you need armor pierce, critcal block, accuracy, and high damage to seal the deal.

Fire- With the latest update, this class is very op. Fire is very good with damage over time spells so blade up! Accuracy, again, is a fatal flaw in this class, and high power pip chance is crucial. Very high critical, very high damage, good resist, and accuracy will ensure your victory for this school's use.

Ice- "UGH! I HATE THE DAMAGE!" Is commonly used to describe ice. The easy solution is high critical rating, damage, and blade the crap out of yourself. Ice is very good in pvp due to its versital minion use, moderate damage, and un-need for power pips. So in all, accuracy, damage, critical rating, and decent resist will have you walk all over your opponent.

Storm- Highest damage in the game, this class wrecks people with some blades. All you really need to be succsesfull is accuracy in this school. But more damage, critical rating and VERY HIGH health from gear would help alot.

Balance- True to its name, it has some good damage, buffing, and healing. Balance tops myth by a little for most strategic school due to weakness spamming, judgement of death, mander spam, and more. But what is balances "weakness" ?(haha. see what I did there?) Well, it is the halfway decent damage, bad accuracy, and lack of powerful spells in general. You really need good damage and I cant stress that enough, you also need to have the spell infallibe to put the spells to 100% accuracy, very high critical and blocking, and a ton of resist. Once all that is accomplished, balance becomes a tank.

I hope you thought this was helpfull if you are having trouble being good with your school. Leave a reply if this helped, or if you have any suggestions I didnt cover. And sorry balance is most descriptive but I have alot of balance guys so I knoe them best.

-Balance master Ryan

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
I have a couple of comments/questions. I have a Promethean Balance Wizard that has completed Khrysalis Part One, and I'm not aware of a spell called Judgement of Death. I have the Master of Balance badge, which means I have all the Balance spells right? My second point would be to ask you exactly what 'mander spam' is? If you're referring to the Mander minion, how do you spam it? You can only have one at a time if I'm not mistaken. And finally, you wind up saying Balance is a tank when properly set up, which is true. Yet in another thread you started in this very forum you moan and groan about how Balance is the weakest school of all? You seem to contradict yourself, which is never a good thing when you're aiming for credibility.
Other than that you made a decent summary of the schools. Hardly amazing though.

Defender
Jul 27, 2009
Ice is extremely overrated, people think were overpowered because of our resist but just a little bit of pierce or shadow strife and you will be dead almost instantly. I don't understand why people think were so good cause honestly, I've only ever seen maybe a 100 or two in my whole time playing wizard101 that are actually really good at PVE witch is what wizard101 is based on.

John AshForge: 95 Thaumaturge
Isaiah LionGem: 83 Theurgatist

Survivor
Dec 09, 2009
@Valdushawkflame Haha. Sorry, a lot of that is pvp terms. Judgement of death is just slang and spam mander is an actual tactic. It is where you spam any kind of spell in an overrated fashion. For example, cast a minion, the minion dies, cast another one next turn and so on. Since your a "Balance master" too, here's a tip, spamming (Or rapidly casting) weakness is another excellent way to cause problems for your opponent and give you time to think. And no I do not contradict myself. Though I am flattered you have been looking at my other threads, I did say down there that the have crummy damage, bad accuracy, and lack of powerful spells. Which are all points I listed in my other thread. So look again. But do not get me wrong, I appreciate the constructive criticisum of the reply and I could improve a lot. But keep in mind, this is my first thread.

Community Leader
I dont really have anything to say except I and as I have said on many threads. It is far from weak, it's all in HoW you use it.

Amber Raven Song, Max Warlord (and lover of Loremaster)

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
ElectroCat on Mar 9, 2014 wrote:
Hey guys, today I will be sharing how to be good with ANY school! All have flaws and all have pros too. This list will help you utilize all the pros in the seven schools.

Life-You are an excellent healer so keep in/out going high. Damage is really the only flaw, so to solve this, have high damage on life, and, life has an amazing amount of blades so use em'! I have seen life do tremendous amounts of damage with good blading and damage.

Death- Death usually comes even with pips and damage (Ex. skel. pirate-500 ish damage- 5 pips). And death also has jugg health and good damage/heal spells. There are really no major flaws in death besisdes maybe accuracy.So just have a little accuracy, a high critical rating, moderate damage, and decent in/out going heal. This will make you very succsessful, as you will find out.

Myth- The biggest troll in the game. With earthquake, every counter to negative blades and traps in the book, and very good damage, this school is very good for pvp. But one flaw if your struggling with this school is probably accuracy. So for this school, you need armor pierce, critcal block, accuracy, and high damage to seal the deal.

Fire- With the latest update, this class is very op. Fire is very good with damage over time spells so blade up! Accuracy, again, is a fatal flaw in this class, and high power pip chance is crucial. Very high critical, very high damage, good resist, and accuracy will ensure your victory for this school's use.

Ice- "UGH! I HATE THE DAMAGE!" Is commonly used to describe ice. The easy solution is high critical rating, damage, and blade the crap out of yourself. Ice is very good in pvp due to its versital minion use, moderate damage, and un-need for power pips. So in all, accuracy, damage, critical rating, and decent resist will have you walk all over your opponent.

Storm- Highest damage in the game, this class wrecks people with some blades. All you really need to be succsesfull is accuracy in this school. But more damage, critical rating and VERY HIGH health from gear would help alot.

Balance- True to its name, it has some good damage, buffing, and healing. Balance tops myth by a little for most strategic school due to weakness spamming, judgement of death, mander spam, and more. But what is balances "weakness" ?(haha. see what I did there?) Well, it is the halfway decent damage, bad accuracy, and lack of powerful spells in general. You really need good damage and I cant stress that enough, you also need to have the spell infallibe to put the spells to 100% accuracy, very high critical and blocking, and a ton of resist. Once all that is accomplished, balance becomes a tank.

I hope you thought this was helpfull if you are having trouble being good with your school. Leave a reply if this helped, or if you have any suggestions I didnt cover. And sorry balance is most descriptive but I have alot of balance guys so I knoe them best.

-Balance master Ryan
I don't know about other people, but playing as a Storm, I find it very annoying when people tell me to switch to the meta. My problem with it is that if you fizzle/don't kill/ don't critical your heal when you need it, you're not going to have a very solid rebound chance. I hate relying on games of chance, no matter how loaded the odds are in my favor, and I prefer to have a tried and true strategy and gear.

I like having more defensive gear. Our damage per pip is already very high, and boosting it with blades and traps is easy. Evenly rounded stats, to me, are better because you can be prepared to defend and attack easily.

My stats sit at 3189 health, 524 mana, 27 universal resist with added Fire and Ice resist, 61 damage, a5 school accuracy, 8 universal accuracy, 160 universal critical block, 249 Storm critical, 72 percent chance of a power pip and 3 incoming, 43 outgoing, which, overall, I believe is a fairly balanced set of stats for a Storm.

You don't need to be your school's stereotype. In fact, I'm often the healer in the group because my Death friend often forgets his heals. Or gear. Or both. I like playing as a defensive Storm and I've come to know both sides of my school very well. I'm often prepared for boss fights and have proven this to myself by soloing cheating bosses in Azteca/Khrysalis. (Granted, one of them took me something like five tries, but in the end, I did solo it.)

It's not people's duties to determine how others play. They will play how they choose to and their success determines how well they know all the aspects of their school.

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
If you're going to use terms that are specific to PvP, maybe this topic should be in the PvP Forum. That might eliminate confusion for, quite frankly, hugely successful and in demand questing Balance Wizard partners like myself who do not do PvP.

Survivor
Jan 23, 2011
Okay there is alot to question in here but my main thing is that ice isn't that weak I mean sure in the beginning it seems that ways but think about Colossus and the Ice Giant! Those are pretty powerful spells if you ask me. And some of what you typed was kinda hard to understand mainly in the balance section. But overall nice post it seems you put alot of work into it.
Megan Stormmask lvl. 47

Survivor
Feb 09, 2014
ElectroCat on Mar 9, 2014 wrote:

-Balance master Ryan
Actually there are only two schools that need accuracy, Fire and Storm .

Myth, Life, Ice, Death , and Balance's accuracy are perfect the way they are.

Also i would quite argue about Balance topping Myth . Myth is quite the strategic school, and could really top Balance.

Kyle L.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Legendary Myth Kin... on Aug 18, 2014 wrote:
Actually there are only two schools that need accuracy, Fire and Storm .

Myth, Life, Ice, Death , and Balance's accuracy are perfect the way they are.

Also i would quite argue about Balance topping Myth . Myth is quite the strategic school, and could really top Balance.

Kyle L.
Not really quite true. Life has the highest BASE accuracy but gear doesn't tend to give it. At higher levels, Life, Myth, Ice, Death and Balance all fizzle more than Storm.

Survivor
Feb 09, 2014
seethe42 on Aug 18, 2014 wrote:
Not really quite true. Life has the highest BASE accuracy but gear doesn't tend to give it. At higher levels, Life, Myth, Ice, Death and Balance all fizzle more than Storm.
Well, nobody really said, at high levels. Though Myth's spells have 80% accuracy, and you only need 20% more to not fizzle at all, which is what i have. So basically, Storm will fizzle more.

Kyle L.