Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Are dungeon warnings accurate?

AuthorMessage
Champion
Aug 15, 2012
Outside a dungeon, they tell us approximately how long the dungeon will take. Is this for if you want to solo it? Also, is it estimating how long it will take for a certain level wizard? Thanks.

Neela Lotusflower
Legendary

Saffron Sandsword
Adept

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
glowstorm13 on Feb 27, 2014 wrote:
Outside a dungeon, they tell us approximately how long the dungeon will take. Is this for if you want to solo it? Also, is it estimating how long it will take for a certain level wizard? Thanks.

Neela Lotusflower
Legendary

Saffron Sandsword
Adept
I find that the times listed tend to be overestimated for me. It really depends on how many wizards go in and the experience level of the wizards. Mirror Lake for example says it takes about 2 hours. It probably took me about that long my first time through because I died several times. Now it takes me about 30 minutes to solo it. So it really depends on the player. It's just a ballpark average for an inexperienced wizard of appropriate level for that dungeon.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
glowstorm13 on Feb 27, 2014 wrote:

Neela Lotusflower
Legendary

Saffron Sandsword
Adept
I think they're are just an average. I've found most estimates to be longer than it actually takes. It really depends on the wizard, school, if you are soloing, doing it for the first time, etc. Too many variables are possible.

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
Explorer
Nov 23, 2011
I think they are based simply on the number of fights - not the difficulty of fights. Accordingly, they become increasingly inaccurate the higher you go (it takes a 10th level wizard fighting in his or her weight class far less time to knock out opponents than it does an 80th level wizard).

-Michael

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
I find that if I can complete a dungeon at all, I usually take a little less than the recommended time (maybe 75-90%) for a first run through when I'm figuring things out. Once I've figured out how things work, repeat runs take maybe half the recommended time. Thats for solo. With a group, some are quicker, but more often a group takes longer than solo. A few dungeons I can't complete solo and have to recruit help.

Mostly I just take the warnings as a general guide. If a warning says this dungeon will take an hour and a half but another says only 30 minutes, I can count on the 30 minute one taking less time.