Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Chivalry

AuthorMessage
Squire
Feb 29, 2012
kymma shadow on Mar 24, 2014 wrote:
Thanks you and I mostly on at night now.

I'm hardly on at day now. One Warlord try to help me but it didn't do that good he was a low lvl warlord though or I didn't do that well. Any ways thanks you for trying in rank pvp but still having trouble.

Amy lvl 87 She doesn't have loremasters spell yet I try a lot of times to get a spell from the loremaster but failed 4 or 5 times so should I lvl up to lvl 79 to get her new spell or no?

And sorry for calling names on here. And I would like to become a warlord even if I have to become a tc user. If I do become warlord with tc I will call my self TC Warlord. Just don't know how when to use a tc card though.

And I'm really sorry If I called anyone fake on this post.
Don't worry, the people here are a kind and caring lot. Stuff happens and it's just stuff. We'll get over it or forget about it eventually.

Anyways, do you have any specific realm that you frequent? I'd like to meet up with you in-game to see if I can help. I'm trying out a new strategy that I'm hoping will work against the critical monster strategy, but first, I need to relearn how to PvP on a Storm. XP I guess staying on a mid-level Ice and lower leveled Myths has left its mark on me.

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
When I'm fighting loremaster I will be on Ivan or pixie realm over there

And I sometimes go into rank pvp to get tickets so I can get those fossils to craft the drum I just need to craft one more drum.

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
Scarlet Nightdream... on Mar 25, 2014 wrote:
Don't worry, the people here are a kind and caring lot. Stuff happens and it's just stuff. We'll get over it or forget about it eventually.

Anyways, do you have any specific realm that you frequent? I'd like to meet up with you in-game to see if I can help. I'm trying out a new strategy that I'm hoping will work against the critical monster strategy, but first, I need to relearn how to PvP on a Storm. XP I guess staying on a mid-level Ice and lower leveled Myths has left its mark on me.
I'm mostly on Ivan realm now if I'm not on Amy I will be on Jordan Talon she my life wizard she in azteca now.

Amy lvl 87

Jordan Talon lvl 83

How good is the resistance for balance wizard on hades outfit?

I will love to have better resistance for Amy. See you around in the spiral.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
kymma shadow on Mar 24, 2014 wrote:
Thanks you and I mostly on at night now.

I'm hardly on at day now. One Warlord try to help me but it didn't do that good he was a low lvl warlord though or I didn't do that well. Any ways thanks you for trying in rank pvp but still having trouble.

Amy lvl 87 She doesn't have loremasters spell yet I try a lot of times to get a spell from the loremaster but failed 4 or 5 times so should I lvl up to lvl 79 to get her new spell or no?

And sorry for calling names on here. And I would like to become a warlord even if I have to become a tc user. If I do become warlord with tc I will call my self TC Warlord. Just don't know how when to use a tc card though.

And I'm really sorry If I called anyone fake on this post.
Kymma, thanks a lot for the change in tone in this thread and in others. As you see, there are lots of players -- warlords included -- who are very happy to help you succeed.

I myself have only a lower-level (20-something) wizard who does PVP, so I can't help you with the higher level battles.

But my best advice is still the advice I gave earlier in this and other threads: pay attention to what the other wizards do -- the ones who are winning, the warlords. Especially pay attention to the ones who play with chivalry and style -- not the mean ones. (While taunting and name-calling may help some people win by upsetting opponents, it is a low way to win, bad form, mean -- whether they do it or their friends. So please don't follow that path.)

Once I stopped being upset by my losing, and started watching what the other players actually did when they beat me, I started learning how to do PVP. Especially watch:

* When do they shield, and what kinds of shields?
* How do they use their pips? How long do they save them? What spells do they use to mess you up while they are saving pips?
* How do they use minions? When? Which ones?
* How do they use over-time spells, like fire-elf?
* How do they heal? How do they stop you from healing?
* If they do use TC, which TC? When? Are they from their own school, or a different school? Are the TC big ones? Are they single big hits, or over time?
* What talents in pets help them, and mess you up?

Once you start noticing these things, then you can see what strategies you might like to try, that would fit with your abilities, school, pets, equipment, cash-flow (for TC, if you choose to buy them).

If you see a strategy that really worked for someone else, then try it yourself. Experiment until you find a style that works well for you most of the time. No strategy is perfect, and luck is always a factor, so expect to still lose a few. But try out some of the winning styles you see, both in matches you are in, and in ones you watch.
This is how I turned my wizard from a losing private to a (mostly) winning warlord.

Survivor
Jan 15, 2012
kymma shadow on Mar 11, 2014 wrote:
How about the warlords just let my balance wizard get the veteran outfit and I will stop being rude to TC warlords.

Her name is Amy and lvl 84

Please let her get that one outfit and I will stop.

PS How about warlords stop calling people noobs that how they got the nickname TC warlord.
um ok really what I don't like is when players call others players noobs or tc warlords because all of those nick names are kinda rude if you dant like tc don't use it don't judge others for using tc w101 put tc in the game for a reason and all most every warlord use tc ok so just be nice to each other in pvp and say gg that's it you don't have to call players noobs or tc warlord just be friends would you.

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
jack201222 on Mar 27, 2014 wrote:
um ok really what I don't like is when players call others players noobs or tc warlords because all of those nick names are kinda rude if you dant like tc don't use it don't judge others for using tc w101 put tc in the game for a reason and all most every warlord use tc ok so just be nice to each other in pvp and say gg that's it you don't have to call players noobs or tc warlord just be friends would you.
It a way to get them to listen though when you are in a lobby.
And I already say it to much I think it a good nick name to bad warlords can't get it as a badge though.

Sorry if you think I'm being rude by calling them that. That how I congrats them on there badge and there win against them.

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
jack201222 on Mar 27, 2014 wrote:
You are a little slow on your message. That message already been pass.

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
FinnAgainWindrider on Mar 26, 2014 wrote:
Kymma, thanks a lot for the change in tone in this thread and in others. As you see, there are lots of players -- warlords included -- who are very happy to help you succeed.

I myself have only a lower-level (20-something) wizard who does PVP, so I can't help you with the higher level battles.

But my best advice is still the advice I gave earlier in this and other threads: pay attention to what the other wizards do -- the ones who are winning, the warlords. Especially pay attention to the ones who play with chivalry and style -- not the mean ones. (While taunting and name-calling may help some people win by upsetting opponents, it is a low way to win, bad form, mean -- whether they do it or their friends. So please don't follow that path.)

Once I stopped being upset by my losing, and started watching what the other players actually did when they beat me, I started learning how to do PVP. Especially watch:

* When do they shield, and what kinds of shields?
* How do they use their pips? How long do they save them? What spells do they use to mess you up while they are saving pips?
* How do they use minions? When? Which ones?
* How do they use over-time spells, like fire-elf?
* How do they heal? How do they stop you from healing?
* If they do use TC, which TC? When? Are they from their own school, or a different school? Are the TC big ones? Are they single big hits, or over time?
* What talents in pets help them, and mess you up?

Once you start noticing these things, then you can see what strategies you might like to try, that would fit with your abilities, school, pets, equipment, cash-flow (for TC, if you choose to buy them).

If you see a strategy that really worked for someone else, then try it yourself. Experiment until you find a style that works well for you most of the time. No strategy is perfect, and luck is always a factor, so expect to still lose a few. But try out some of the winning styles you see, both in matches you are in, and in ones you watch.
This is how I turned my wizard from a losing private to a (mostly) winning warlord.
Some warlords just look at my lost and don't think I can rank up in there they tell me to start over.

But I just got her to azteca and I don't want to start over with her. Just because I lose a lot doesn't make me a noob. How good is the hades outfit on resistance?

Can you find out please. Right now I will be saying GG TC Warlord when I lose to warlords but later I will just say GG.

And I'm pretty good on 2v2 in rank pvp but I can't seem to find any players to do it with me.

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
Scarlet Nightdream... on Mar 25, 2014 wrote:

What lvl does myth gets snake girl at? She gives the ememy one stun block and they are stunned for 2 rounds.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
kymma shadow on Mar 29, 2014 wrote:
What lvl does myth gets snake girl at? She gives the ememy one stun block and they are stunned for 2 rounds.
Myth gets Medusa at level 58. As for the hades gear, I don't think it's too much of an upgrade to the waterworks gear in resistance, but it gives more health, critical, often power pips, armor piercing, damage, and block. If you mix crowns gear, crafted gear, and hades gear, it is possible to maintain pretty good damage, resist, block, and critical.

Survivor
Jan 15, 2012
kymma shadow on Mar 27, 2014 wrote:
And I already say it to much I think it a good nick name to bad warlords can't get it as a badge though.

Sorry if you think I'm being rude by calling them that. That how I congrats them on there badge and there win against them.
um ok look I see where your coming from but like I said before almost every warlord use tc my lvl 35 myth warlord only use high lvl tc when he fights lvl 50 or higher with critical ok its not impossible to become warlord without tc but it dose become harder when you become warlord and btw no warlord is a bad warlord ok if don't like how someone sets up their deck and how they win don't pvp at all ok you don't have to say gg just port away, pvp was made to have fun and battle other players ok not to call people nick names that sound rude just be friends and have a good match with or without tc ok

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
kymma shadow on Mar 29, 2014 wrote:
Some warlords just look at my lost and don't think I can rank up in there they tell me to start over.

But I just got her to azteca and I don't want to start over with her. Just because I lose a lot doesn't make me a noob. How good is the hades outfit on resistance?

Can you find out please. Right now I will be saying GG TC Warlord when I lose to warlords but later I will just say GG.

And I'm pretty good on 2v2 in rank pvp but I can't seem to find any players to do it with me.
As I said, I haven't done the high-level PVP yet, and I don't have the hades gear -- but there are a lot of folks who have, so hopefully you will get an answer.

Also, that information is easy to look up on wizard101 central, or on several of the duelist topic web pages that have sprung up for wizard101, if you really want to give yourself help in PVP. Those places also have lots of good strategy tips for players of different schools.

While saying "TC warlord" to people probably won't get you sanctioned, I know I would still be offended if you said it to me. It still shows a kind of meanness or smallness, or jealousy, or something like that. It does not show much class, and certainly does not show "chivalry" -- which is the kind of noble behavior of good knights. I would encourage you to just start saying just "GG" now. Start acting like a winning warlord with style, instead of like a sore loser. Sore losers need to put people down. Winners don't need to act that way -- even if they happen to lose a particular match.

If you act with style and kindness, you might also find the people across from you can share what they did and what they saw you do that helped them win -- they may be happy to help you learn more. They might not, but if you are nice to them, your chances of getting help and making friends in PVP increase a lot. Again, what goes around comes around.

Granted, some warlords are mean and put people down also. Myself, I don't even give them the time of day. I turn off chat balloons, close dialogue box, and leave them in their own petty place by themselves. Or I hit the "ignore" button if they are really nasty.

So start now -- both in what you say and in how you think about doing PVP, start acting like a winner with some style.

Survivor
Apr 23, 2009
kymma shadow on Mar 27, 2014 wrote:

Calling them a "TC Warlord" is a little unnecessary. It's pointing out one aspect of a person, when they have so many other qualities. It's like saying, "Wow, gg short girl." It can be seen as an insult to many. You also seem a bit sarcastic when you congratulate them.

Remember, these are real people who have feelings. They can get hurt by words, even if you don't feel it's offensive. Just be a bit more careful with what you say.

Delver
Mar 29, 2012
RE: Hades Gear ... How good is the hades outfit on resistance?Can you find out please.

While i won't post the exact stats here, i will say that i find the resist to be poor. The critical block is only so so. What the hades gear is great for, is pierce. Even unshriked, the average tower shield is reduced to about 19%. The same holds true for balance enemies, be they bosses or in the arena. Their balance resist is pierced. I wore it most of the way up the ranks, but my style is quick and deadly. I did need to find another option with better block to get all the way to Warlord.
My advice is this; when you get beaten by another balance wiz, check out their gear and pet, see if there is anything better than what you have. If you can get it, get it. Also, think about the cards they used and the cards you are using. If you have faced them more than 3 times and lost, they have a strategy. I recommend you do what i mentioned in another thread and fill your tc bank with shields of your choosing. never just pass, if you can't do anything else, shield. If you really want to be a balance warlord, get loremaster. No excuses, keep farming until you get it and do not go back to the arena until you do. Best of luck Kymma, i hope to see you in the spiral.

Amber Raven Song, Max Warlord

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
jack201222 on Mar 30, 2014 wrote:
um ok look I see where your coming from but like I said before almost every warlord use tc my lvl 35 myth warlord only use high lvl tc when he fights lvl 50 or higher with critical ok its not impossible to become warlord without tc but it dose become harder when you become warlord and btw no warlord is a bad warlord ok if don't like how someone sets up their deck and how they win don't pvp at all ok you don't have to say gg just port away, pvp was made to have fun and battle other players ok not to call people nick names that sound rude just be friends and have a good match with or without tc ok
Good luck doing that on my death wizard. You might have to heal it off she will be lvl 60 or 70 and 80

She will look like a princesses in there

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
FinnAgainWindrider on Mar 30, 2014 wrote:
As I said, I haven't done the high-level PVP yet, and I don't have the hades gear -- but there are a lot of folks who have, so hopefully you will get an answer.

Also, that information is easy to look up on wizard101 central, or on several of the duelist topic web pages that have sprung up for wizard101, if you really want to give yourself help in PVP. Those places also have lots of good strategy tips for players of different schools.

While saying "TC warlord" to people probably won't get you sanctioned, I know I would still be offended if you said it to me. It still shows a kind of meanness or smallness, or jealousy, or something like that. It does not show much class, and certainly does not show "chivalry" -- which is the kind of noble behavior of good knights. I would encourage you to just start saying just "GG" now. Start acting like a winning warlord with style, instead of like a sore loser. Sore losers need to put people down. Winners don't need to act that way -- even if they happen to lose a particular match.

If you act with style and kindness, you might also find the people across from you can share what they did and what they saw you do that helped them win -- they may be happy to help you learn more. They might not, but if you are nice to them, your chances of getting help and making friends in PVP increase a lot. Again, what goes around comes around.

Granted, some warlords are mean and put people down also. Myself, I don't even give them the time of day. I turn off chat balloons, close dialogue box, and leave them in their own petty place by themselves. Or I hit the "ignore" button if they are really nasty.

So start now -- both in what you say and in how you think about doing PVP, start acting like a winner with some style.
Would you like being called tc noob instead of tc warlord?
I think tc warlord is a better nickname. Just let be move back slowly to saying just GG again Amy lost a lot in rank pvp. So can you be nice to her please.

I know It might be hard for other warlord to get use to but later they might laugh about it. I was fighting loremaster last night and I got deer knight in there and I can't use it took me 5 tries in loremaster really hard to get in any spells in there.

Survivor
Jan 15, 2012
kymma shadow on Mar 30, 2014 wrote:
Good luck doing that on my death wizard. You might have to heal it off she will be lvl 60 or 70 and 80

She will look like a princesses in there
hmm well good luck on you road to warlord without tc i really hope you get to become warlord cause i got a max lvl death warlord that dose not use tc you just got to know how to set up your deck and win and plz say gg after a match win or lose

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
kymma shadow on Mar 30, 2014 wrote:
Would you like being called tc noob instead of tc warlord?
I think tc warlord is a better nickname. Just let be move back slowly to saying just GG again Amy lost a lot in rank pvp. So can you be nice to her please.

I know It might be hard for other warlord to get use to but later they might laugh about it. I was fighting loremaster last night and I got deer knight in there and I can't use it took me 5 tries in loremaster really hard to get in any spells in there.
The point is, you don't have to call people any names. Not "noob," not "tc warlord," not anything. Just say "GG" and show some class. Or congratulate them on playing a good round. Or ask them for some tips if you think they could help you.

As far as being nice to you (whether you sign as Amy or Kymma), I have been nice, and am still trying to do that. I'm trying to offer helpful feedback in as kind a way that I can.

In the arena, I try not to call people names; I think that is an unkind and immature behavior. I usually say "GG" or bow to my opponents, and then port away. Sometimes I stay to talk a while, if they played really well, or if they seem frustrated and could use a pep talk.

I think many people are not going to "get used to" being called names. I doubt many would "laugh about it." A few might find it funny, but many would just think you are being rude. Others might start calling you names back, or report you if it was bad enough. Others might just "ignore" you. Again, if you want people to be nice to you, then be nice to them.

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
I think I started name calling after 1 warlord called me a noob that how it started and I think some of his friends joined and also called me a noob.

Because I don't use tc at all and I don't want to either.

Sorry for following into name calling. It might be hard for me to go back to just saying GG but I will try to.

And does somepeople spams tc at there enemy's?

Amy lvl 88 now she has that lvl spell. And can you help her get loremaster spell please I could use anyone in there.

Survivor
Apr 23, 2009
FinnAgainWindrider on Mar 31, 2014 wrote:
The point is, you don't have to call people any names. Not "noob," not "tc warlord," not anything. Just say "GG" and show some class. Or congratulate them on playing a good round. Or ask them for some tips if you think they could help you.

As far as being nice to you (whether you sign as Amy or Kymma), I have been nice, and am still trying to do that. I'm trying to offer helpful feedback in as kind a way that I can.

In the arena, I try not to call people names; I think that is an unkind and immature behavior. I usually say "GG" or bow to my opponents, and then port away. Sometimes I stay to talk a while, if they played really well, or if they seem frustrated and could use a pep talk.

I think many people are not going to "get used to" being called names. I doubt many would "laugh about it." A few might find it funny, but many would just think you are being rude. Others might start calling you names back, or report you if it was bad enough. Others might just "ignore" you. Again, if you want people to be nice to you, then be nice to them.
Listen to this guy, Kymma. He seems to know what he's talking about. Labeling someone a "tc warlord" is just poking one aspect about them out. It's not very polite to call them a "tc noob" either. People today always forget that noob means someone who is new and inexperienced to a game. Just because they use treasure cards does not mean they don't know what they are doing.

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
Oathkeeper and Obl... on Apr 1, 2014 wrote:
Listen to this guy, Kymma. He seems to know what he's talking about. Labeling someone a "tc warlord" is just poking one aspect about them out. It's not very polite to call them a "tc noob" either. People today always forget that noob means someone who is new and inexperienced to a game. Just because they use treasure cards does not mean they don't know what they are doing.
I will listen now I want call them names or report them falsely.
And I'm really sorry for calling names.

I had to learn it the hard way because my account is muted now.

Amy lvl 88 Is muted till April 4th.
I will have my crown user on so I can tell other that Amy can't talk right now but she can still see open chat and text chat.

Survivor
Apr 23, 2009
kymma shadow on Apr 2, 2014 wrote:
I will listen now I want call them names or report them falsely.
And I'm really sorry for calling names.

I had to learn it the hard way because my account is muted now.

Amy lvl 88 Is muted till April 4th.
I will have my crown user on so I can tell other that Amy can't talk right now but she can still see open chat and text chat.
Thanks for this change in tone! I'm glad you're starting to mature as a player and a fellow wizard. Now the Spiral is one step closer to being a friendlier place. Now, if only the monsters, Morganthe, and Malistaire could see our way, too.

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
Oathkeeper and Obl... on Apr 4, 2014 wrote:
Thanks for this change in tone! I'm glad you're starting to mature as a player and a fellow wizard. Now the Spiral is one step closer to being a friendlier place. Now, if only the monsters, Morganthe, and Malistaire could see our way, too.
you are so funny lol. And could someone help Amy get loremaster spell from Loremaster please i could use some help getting that spell for Amy please/

Amy lvl 88 and she will might have mega judgement pet soon

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
Amy now is lvl 90 now she waiting for someone to help her get the hades outfit she will be in pet place training hers judgement pet to mega. Some people say it failed but 1 person said train it to mega.

Any lvl 90 Now she needs help with 2 things now. Can anyone help her please she please and she will be on pixie realm in the pet place.

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
Why do some warlords don't say GG after losing? I only get warlords say GG when they win are these warlord ungrateful for a high lvl wizard beating them.

I said GG a lot now and I try to be nice to others warlords.

If Amy beats you it not because of tc cards.

Amy lvl 90 Trying to get hades outfit.