Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Shut Downs Is Bad For Dungeons

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 06, 2012
My family and I were fighting the Helephant Tower for 24 hours. Literally we had 20 seconds for last kill when servers went down. I think this is very UNFAIR when you work so hard to complete and you just get knocked off line and do not rtecieive credit when you return to game.
I feel that in such curcumstances Kingsisle should have to take responsibility and allow you to continue from the EXACT point you were kicked offline,afterall we do pay dues to play this game and spend alot of extra money on the accessories.

Explorer
Aug 14, 2012
Same here; that's happened more than once to me, actually. I think that there should be a "save dungeon progress" option, because really, who has multiple hours a day to spend at a time doing a whole dungeon, especially the really hard ones in Celestia or Azteca or any of those realms. It's really unfair to have to do it all over again; however it does make you feel a stronger sense of accomplishment once you finally finish it. (at least, that's how I feel about it) And also there's the drops that you get from doing it over. And over. And over.

-Calamity Deathbringer, Grandmaster Necromancer

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Nahtano8312 on Feb 4, 2014 wrote:
My family and I were fighting the Helephant Tower for 24 hours. Literally we had 20 seconds for last kill when servers went down. I think this is very UNFAIR when you work so hard to complete and you just get knocked off line and do not rtecieive credit when you return to game.
I feel that in such curcumstances Kingsisle should have to take responsibility and allow you to continue from the EXACT point you were kicked offline,afterall we do pay dues to play this game and spend alot of extra money on the accessories.
While I do feel your pain, KI announces any upcoming downtime and its limitations on the website, its Facebook page, the login screen, and even in-game... if you choose to ignore those, then that's no one's fault but your own.

I was once in a dungeon, only seconds from the end, when my power went out. Did KI compensate me for it? No. I had to suck it up and start over, just like everyone else. So, while I do feel bad that this happened to you, I can't say I blame KI for any of it.

-von

Explorer
Feb 16, 2011
I agree. I was in Xibalba and unlike you I just BARLEY did it. As soon as I teleported to my house the server went down. Thankfully I was able to finish, but I think they should still do something about this.