Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gallium Paladin disappeared & unreachable

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 27, 2013
9:37 PM Eastern
Sunbrid Area 1
Labyrinth

I had seen the paladin off in the distance, but took time to search for the stone rose first. I found the rose and went looking for the Paladin. The quest arrow pointed the way, counted down...and there was nothing there. It points to one unmoving location in middle of the road where no monster or character can be seen. I have gone out to the spot and nothing happens. I have tried marking my spot, leaving the labyrinth and returning. No change. I have tried fighting other monsters in that spot. The paladin still did not appear.

The only thing that remains is to forfeit my progress and log out. Hopefully it will reset over night.
But it is definitely a bug.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Fandango739 on Jan 29, 2014 wrote:
Sunbrid Area 1
Labyrinth

I had seen the paladin off in the distance, but took time to search for the stone rose first. I found the rose and went looking for the Paladin. The quest arrow pointed the way, counted down...and there was nothing there. It points to one unmoving location in middle of the road where no monster or character can be seen. I have gone out to the spot and nothing happens. I have tried marking my spot, leaving the labyrinth and returning. No change. I have tried fighting other monsters in that spot. The paladin still did not appear.

The only thing that remains is to forfeit my progress and log out. Hopefully it will reset over night.
He and the other bosses move around. Ignore the quest arrow and just keep wandering and looking... he will be there.
(My guess is that by now you've had to start this over since it was Tuesday evening and right now it's Wednesday afternoon)

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
It's not really a bug, it's more a problem with the quest helper pointing to the spawn point, not the boss. He's a wandering boss, so you have to walk around and find him. The arrow is pretty worthless for that.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Fandango739 on Jan 29, 2014 wrote:
Sunbrid Area 1
Labyrinth

This is a known thing, and it's not a bug. Bosses in Dragonspyre wander the streets, just like mobs, but you can spot them by their purple nametags (assuming you play with names on).

The area that your arrow points to is very general... the boss you need to defeat is not always in that exact spot, as they move around. You will need to keep looking until you find the boss you're looking for.

I have 2 wizards in Dragonspyre who just fought the Paladin recently, so I know he's there. Just keep looking.

Best of luck!
-v.

Defender
May 27, 2013
It all seemed very strange, as the arrow had worked fine for the three previous wandering boss foes. It seemed to work fine until I found the rose. Perhaps it is all in the timing?

Even if it isn't an actual 'bug,' it certainly is misleading.

Delver
Mar 07, 2012
No bug, these street mobs like to move around.

~ Vanessa