Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

soloing celestia

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 22, 2009
Hello everyone,

I am a level 61 balance wizard who is still on celestia. I did wintertusk when I was about halfway through so I could level up and get good gear. After having menu chat up to level 52 or so, I had to learn how to solo the game. The jump for Dragonspyre to Celestia is huge. You're getting used critical and block, and everything is extremely hard. Especially if you are going solo.

After soloing almost all of celestia (I got help on a few dungeons) and wintertusk I came up with a few tips for players that go solo.

Focus on blocking, not critical. If a boss who is storm and has 8,000 health criticals you, you are done for. If you can block that critical and you survive the first few rounds and wipe out the minion, you're pretty set. Blocking criticals is key to keeping you health up.

Only you can heal yourself (aka don't wait till the last minute). Surviving the fist few rounds and the last few rounds is key. Bosses spam you with huge hits, which drains you health a lot. I focus on shielding the first few rounds and when the bosses hit heal as much as you can, while still leaving a few pips for attacking. If you save up pips for a hard hit and don't heal, you will get killed before you can hit.

Shield, shield, shield. The most important thing I've learning about going solo is you have to keep you're health up, and is you can cut that death critical or whatever it may be, even if the critical doesn't get blocked, in half.

Everyone that says being a balance is hard to solo. I disagree. I can shield all schools except for balance, I can heal myself, and I can make weak spells do hard hits with the right gear.

What is everyone else's advice for soloing celestia? What is your stategy? What kind of gear do you use?

-Morgan Stormheart

Survivor
Apr 03, 2012
ineedacuppatea on Jan 26, 2014 wrote:
Hello everyone,

I am a level 61 balance wizard who is still on celestia. I did wintertusk when I was about halfway through so I could level up and get good gear. After having menu chat up to level 52 or so, I had to learn how to solo the game. The jump for Dragonspyre to Celestia is huge. You're getting used critical and block, and everything is extremely hard. Especially if you are going solo.

After soloing almost all of celestia (I got help on a few dungeons) and wintertusk I came up with a few tips for players that go solo.

Focus on blocking, not critical. If a boss who is storm and has 8,000 health criticals you, you are done for. If you can block that critical and you survive the first few rounds and wipe out the minion, you're pretty set. Blocking criticals is key to keeping you health up.

Only you can heal yourself (aka don't wait till the last minute). Surviving the fist few rounds and the last few rounds is key. Bosses spam you with huge hits, which drains you health a lot. I focus on shielding the first few rounds and when the bosses hit heal as much as you can, while still leaving a few pips for attacking. If you save up pips for a hard hit and don't heal, you will get killed before you can hit.

Shield, shield, shield. The most important thing I've learning about going solo is you have to keep you're health up, and is you can cut that death critical or whatever it may be, even if the critical doesn't get blocked, in half.

Everyone that says being a balance is hard to solo. I disagree. I can shield all schools except for balance, I can heal myself, and I can make weak spells do hard hits with the right gear.

What is everyone else's advice for soloing celestia? What is your stategy? What kind of gear do you use?

-Morgan Stormheart
I agree with just about everything you've just said, you've got a pretty cool strategy and it applies even in Avalon, which is where I am now. Train amplify and fortify and stock them in your deck, since you are lvl 60, you should be able to do waterworks which gives just about the best all-rounded gear in the game( except ice, Dun Dara gear in Avalon is some killer gear).

Keep it up

Colin SpiritDust lvl 79