Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Randomized Hatches

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 09, 2012
Idk if this is in the right section...

Well, The idea is to make random hatches. Kinda like PvP but you don't know who you gonna fight! All you get is the price and if you want to hatch. Welp, That's my Idea, Please post your comments on it!

Delver
Oct 29, 2013
I'm fairly certain this won't appeal to most players. Hatching is expensive (tens of thousands in gold for a single hatch); I don't know many players willing to lay out that much gold without having some idea what they're getting in return. That said, and on a related note, the majority of hatchers have very specific ideas of what pets they want and what talents they want those pets to have. Many aspects of hatching and pet training are random now; more randomness won't appeal to most players.

Miranda Nightsinger, Legendary Necromancer
Calamity Windbane, Magus Diviner

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
If this were done at reduced cost, like 5000 gold, I would consider it.

If the hatching timer were 1 hr instead of 12 hrs after a hatch, I would consider it even more.

Defender
Dec 20, 2010
Blind hatching mega pets with a poorly hatched adult pet not my cup of tea!

Defender
Jan 03, 2013
Kane Skullstaff on Jan 24, 2014 wrote:
Idk if this is in the right section...

Well, The idea is to make random hatches. Kinda like PvP but you don't know who you gonna fight! All you get is the price and if you want to hatch. Welp, That's my Idea, Please post your comments on it!
This is a great idea, however I have already mentioned this before lol. This was the same reaction I got but I think it will be added later. For the two who are talking about how people work hard for hatches and require certain abilities, well then if you do not wish to use it then don't. Hatching is not a requirement, its a choice, just like it would be with this to take the risk. Id love it, house swarming with pets. :3 Deco-genius.
Also the cost would cost less since its a systematically randomized pick of the persons pet, so it wouldn't know how to price it before making the hatch. So maybe 20000? But I will say the timer is fixed with this so it doesn't allow more than one hatch.
Also if people are just, "that stingy", they can put pets into categories in a search like life pet or mega rank pet and hatch with those. or hit random pet.
If this ever was the case, for the first few months Id be really generous for all players and hatch with my fairy, resistance death minotaur which the pet is retired.
They would need a place for it, near the hatch cat would do. People climb up there anyway so why not? lol
Again great idea, we both think alike. :3 Resort to my previous posts and youll see it