Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Trainable Mounts

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 20, 2011
Since all mounts have the same speed, what if you can train mounts just like pets to gain speed. And there would be mount derbies to race your mounts in! You could even feed your mount!

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Raspykoo653 on Jan 18, 2014 wrote:
Since all mounts have the same speed, what if you can train mounts just like pets to gain speed. And there would be mount derbies to race your mounts in! You could even feed your mount!
Not all mounts have the same speed (I can name a few with +20% speed and one which takes away speed instead)

But this would be interesting (Maybe the sloth mount could be trained to go even slower?)

Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
Training pets is already time consuming enough. How about we have mounts that give cards!

Explorer
Oct 20, 2011
How can that be useful? To train a sloth to go slower? Hmmm.... I may have to think about that.

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
Agreed! I want our mounts to feel more diversified.
Personally I feel the cheetah mount should go 70% faster since it is the fastest land animal and travels 70mph.

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
I have always assumed the nearly universal 40% speed boost to be a deliberate design choice, so groups of characters traveling together would find it easier to say close together. If you allow options that result in mounts having a variety of different speeds, inevitably players will get straggled out trying to follow a leader on a fast mount, which leads to time wasted grouping up or characters getting stuck in combat for a turn or two before their friends can catch up.