Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

hardest schoool?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 21, 2012
i was wondering what you guys thought about this what school do you guys think is the hardest for now mine would have to be storm i do not understand how they can beat the bosses in celestia with that health and being hit numerous times before even needing to be healed in there opinion and the magic of it all they dont use help from friends or henchmen

Talon TaleTail 75

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I'd say storm has been the easiest for me. Balance is probably the hardest to solo.

Explorer
Oct 19, 2012
Storm is easy to use, you blade up and hit. Most Storm people can use one hit and win the fight, which is why it's an easy school to use. The hardest school must be Myth, their attacks aren't the strongest, they have only decent resist, their health is meh, and their main feature, minions, has poor A.I and will waste your traps and never hit when you want to. Also, their highest stat, which is pierce, is given at about level 70. Don't say I hate Myth wizards, if I hated them I wouldn't have gotten mine all the way to level 95, but everyone must agree, while they aren't the worst or the best, they are pretty hard to use.

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
To me, the Life School was definitely the hardest in the beginning, due to the lack of an AoE spell. Once I got Forest Lord, my battle experience was completely different. Now, as a higher level, I don't see as many of these challenges anymore.
Even though it may have been difficult, I love the challenge that the Life School gave me. I believe it made me into a more strategized player.

~Shannon Skybreaker

Explorer
Jun 12, 2011
Pre-legendary Balance is the hardest school to play, by far. I hated it, and I considered deleting my wizard several times; playing a support school well requires a very-specific personality, and I don't have it. But I learned to make do with what I have, and that same little wizard is a machine. People are afraid of her.

a while ago, my level 28 fire wizard made a new friend in marleybone~ a newbie balance wizard who didn't like his school for many of the same reasons i once did; i asked him if he wanted to meet shadowsong, and he said yes. we met in unicorn way, and i called him over: he took one look at my stats and said, "wow". and i was like, yeah, you can be this awesome, too.

At the higher levels, Storm became the most difficult to play; staying alive long enough to get a shot off against enemies with 10 times your health that critical every round is an art form in itself.

-v.

Explorer
May 21, 2012
thanks you all but i wasnt really talking about celestia there critical and damage is quite easy to pass i guess what i really mean is how can storm solo avalon and up i mean ya can barely ever block there ritical even my balance barely does but i guess if ya have the right gear aka when i get my storm to 72 this is gonna be my set up all storm gear from waterworks ring and athame from tower of the helephant and than wand whatever i plz XD and amulet would have ta be the amulet that gives 410+ health and gives a reshuffle tht would be my storm ultimate set up

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Caretaker123 on Jan 13, 2014 wrote:
thanks you all but i wasnt really talking about celestia there critical and damage is quite easy to pass i guess what i really mean is how can storm solo avalon and up i mean ya can barely ever block there ritical even my balance barely does but i guess if ya have the right gear aka when i get my storm to 72 this is gonna be my set up all storm gear from waterworks ring and athame from tower of the helephant and than wand whatever i plz XD and amulet would have ta be the amulet that gives 410+ health and gives a reshuffle tht would be my storm ultimate set up
I soloed all the way through Krhysalis on my storm, Avalon was a complete breeze and I did it before they nerfed it. Life amulet makes it a lot easier too, being able to use power pips for fairy/satyr if needed.

Survivor
Dec 16, 2008
Survivor
Apr 26, 2011
definitely storm or life. Storm may have very powerful spells,(and cool looking too) but it's very hard to use those when your accuracy is really low. Life is also difficult due to lack of damage spells and an overflow of health spells. These are just my opinions!

RachelSpellCasterDrake

Survivor
Jul 02, 2009
Life, no question! I had to kill freddy nine lives nine times I was on the computer for like a day
Also life ALWAYS gets cushed in pvp so were stuck spamming heals
- Michelle spiritwhisper lvl 81

Survivor
Apr 09, 2012
I think the hardest school is ice Because it is a weak class although it has good defense. Like look at the School , the School and the School. They all are powerful except for colossus. Colossus is like the level 33 And And School it should be more powerful like 600-685

Do you agree or disagree

Sincerely Noah shadow sword

Survivor
Nov 11, 2011
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Like Seethe42, I soloed most of the game with my storm wizard. Pre-nerf Azteca was a challenge for her, but Khrysalis has been easy so far; she's my 3rd wizard, so I've mostly figured out what works for me.

-von

95 bal & death
92 storm
63 life
45 myth & ice
30 fire

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I'm finding Myth to be the easiest I have run by far. Granted I'm much more skilled as a player than when I ran my Ice, Life, Death and Storm. But I've done many things on my myth that I was never able to do on those other wizards. Like solo Xibalba for example, solo Tartarus, solo everything so far in the game. To be fair, I haven't taken him to Ghost Dog yet, I might need help on that but I doubt it.

Survivor
Dec 07, 2013
I love storm, but I do think it is the hardest. Mainly because of all the fizzling, but if there were no fizzles then it would be perfect!

I think that both death and ice are the easiest to go though w101 with.

EdwardThunderHunter

Explorer
May 21, 2012
Random guy999 on Feb 4, 2014 wrote:
I think the hardest school is ice Because it is a weak class although it has good defense. Like look at the School , the School and the School. They all are powerful except for colossus. Colossus is like the level 33 And And School it should be more powerful like 600-685

Do you agree or disagree

Sincerely Noah shadow sword
ok some of these i have to say something about one balance is not close to OP two ice is easy if you use the correct gear and life gets that spell for a reason and myth idk its just myth lol before i said storm was hard i was about lvl 42 now im lvl 64 and barely ever fizzle so yeah now its pretty easy but still fun and sadly i deleted my old myth so i had to start over on that but i do agree colossus is pretty weak but they are the weakest school but they dominate the pvp because of there natural resist i still think ima continue my balance it interest me more my funnest experience has to be soloing jabberwock on my frist try to be honest it was way easier than i thought lol

Survivor
Jan 21, 2010
I think the hardest school is storm, low health and block

Survivor
Feb 01, 2014
For me the hardest is Storm. That's one reason why I like them, I figure Balance and Life have to up there. Looks like Balance has more tactical spells like ones that Nerf an enemy or buff a player, maybe that's just me. Life seems like they are too much about healing, from the spells I can see