Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Stunned with Disappointment

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 15, 2010
Alex Goldcoin, Level 33 Wizard here, I just went through a tough battle with 2 myth bosses, one with 1,500 HP and another with 1,000 HP. It was to learn a new spell, I was really excited to find out what it was, I thought it'd be another minion, I've already had 2 quests. When I finally finished the battle I talked to the Seraph, who told me to go see Cyrus Drake for my brand new spell. When I saw what it was I was shocked. A dumb "Stun" spell. I did all that work just to earn that little dumb spell which I don't need. Note to myth wizards: If you get the quest called "Mything Persons" don't do it, you'll be ripped off. Pretty disappointing, I hate Cyrus Drake, all he does is send you out on a nearly impossible mission that nearly gets you killed just to get a useless spell. Lame!

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
superspy2 on Jan 6, 2014 wrote:
Alex Goldcoin, Level 33 Wizard here, I just went through a tough battle with 2 myth bosses, one with 1,500 HP and another with 1,000 HP. It was to learn a new spell, I was really excited to find out what it was, I thought it'd be another minion, I've already had 2 quests. When I finally finished the battle I talked to the Seraph, who told me to go see Cyrus Drake for my brand new spell. When I saw what it was I was shocked. A dumb "Stun" spell. I did all that work just to earn that little dumb spell which I don't need. Note to myth wizards: If you get the quest called "Mything Persons" don't do it, you'll be ripped off. Pretty disappointing, I hate Cyrus Drake, all he does is send you out on a nearly impossible mission that nearly gets you killed just to get a useless spell. Lame!
I have wizards in all schools and they all have to do these "I will never use that spell" quests to proceed to the ones we may use. I am not sure if it's to appease different play styles or way back when they were spells thought to be useful. Usually if you don't do the quest before you won't be able to do the next spell quest.

Be happy you aren't a Life wizard they get many spells for healing stuck in their spell decks that they never use.

Mary

Explorer
Dec 30, 2009
Believe me when I say this, you will be happy you did this spell quest. The reason you should be happy is because most higher ranked spells require the previous spell to be learned before you can do it. If you had never done this quest, you would not have gotten any of the higher ranked spells like Medusa, Basilisk, etc.

Explorer
Jan 03, 2013
superspy2 on Jan 6, 2014 wrote:
True lately on my fire wizard I got the fire minion spell and I was upset because I learned that it can only cast rank one to rank three spells but you never know when spells like this could be useful because my minion actually helps a lot and I use it frequenlty now I was batlling the last boss in Wysteria And my fire minion and I beat it with several link spells mostly from him one came with my main wand and fire elf which he had cast several times. Now stuns are not very useful but I every now and then put one in my deck when bosses are high level storm, fire, myth, or death.

Defender
Aug 15, 2010
Northlite on Jan 6, 2014 wrote:
I have wizards in all schools and they all have to do these "I will never use that spell" quests to proceed to the ones we may use. I am not sure if it's to appease different play styles or way back when they were spells thought to be useful. Usually if you don't do the quest before you won't be able to do the next spell quest.

Be happy you aren't a Life wizard they get many spells for healing stuck in their spell decks that they never use.

Mary
Actually I deleted my Myth Wizard , so now I have to play as my Life Wizard, it took 3 weeks to get to Marleybone, and I am a level 26 in Marleybone, help me!

Survivor
Feb 02, 2013
Wow... that is kinda sad because pretty much everything in MarleyBone or MooShu is stun resistant. I don"t know why they won't let you stun them, it's annoying and it wasted tons of pips before I just decided to take my stuns out of my deck.

Malorn Ravenfriend and and just a little