Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dispell

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
May 31, 2009
Just played a Balance boss, I used my Balance wizard that use dispel on him, but funny, the Boss would fizz, but his hit would go out anyway. I never saw a boss fizz and yet his hit went out anyway. Plus he never lost any pips when he did fizz, my question is "Why do we have Dispell if it doesn't work?" I mean my balance wizard place Dispell on this balance boss and the boss fizz and his hit would carry through anyway. If I was using dispel on say a fire boss it might be acceptable for dispel not to work.
BUG? I don't know, but in future I will watch how dispel works and if it does not work like its suppose to then maybe game give training point back that it took to get, well no matter it was free, so maybe cause its free it don't work.............

Survivor
Aug 10, 2010
I honestly do not know why you get hit when he fizzles, but I do understand the pip thing. Just to restate, you say he does not lose any pips when he fizzled. This is normal. I remember it this way.

Your mana is used the make the symbol, the pips are used to create the spell. If you cast a Seraph for example you use mana to make the , then the Pips are used to create the image of a Seraph attacking the enemy.

I hope this helped!

-G.G. 39

-K.U. 20

Defender
Apr 17, 2009
Well, Did the enemy hit that exact round? Or did he fizzle, then the next round hit? Your explanation was a little confusing to me, it could also be a cheating boss, what boss was it?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
What boss is it? My bet is that it's a cheating boss like Belloq. If you didn't damage him one round he cheat casts a free Ra. So what I would bet happened to you is this. You cast Dispel on him, it worked and he fizzled his normal cast. Since you failed to cause damage that round, his Ra hit you. This isn't a bug.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
seethe42 on Dec 18, 2013 wrote:
What boss is it? My bet is that it's a cheating boss like Belloq. If you didn't damage him one round he cheat casts a free Ra. So what I would bet happened to you is this. You cast Dispel on him, it worked and he fizzled his normal cast. Since you failed to cause damage that round, his Ra hit you. This isn't a bug.
This is exactly what I was thinking.

If you put a dispel on Bella, it will dispel his initial attack. But, if you don't attack him, he gets to cast Ra for free, for every round you don't hit him.

Since you are balance, you may want to take a friend for this one, since we are the only school without a DoT.

-von
95 bal