Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Unbelievable Kingisle, Azteca Sun School Boss

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 05, 2009
First off the boss is Rank 13 FIRE BOSS status, basically like somewhere level 130. May I add this boss is solo only

Is it really necessary to start off the battle having to go second. The boss already starts with over full power pips, but he also has 2 FIRE MINIONS that are Rank 12 and start off with full power pips. Oh sure that is totally fair, I am like level 85, and I can barely start with 4 or even 3 pips but these guys always start with X power pips. How did this pass a fair boss?

Look I can put aside most of this, but why don't you let us start the battle with you going first. Seriously, its 3v1 and the boss and 2 MINIONS are like 50 levels ahead of you. How is that fair. This is both anger inducing and annoying as it carries on through the whole battle.

You know how it gets even more annoying, its that I am fire and I have to deal with this and since the new Fire Tunic I got from the crown shop has no resistance what so ever, I 'd say the tunic is not helping at all when trying to get crits or damage.

I am not saying you should change EVERYTHING, I am saying to just let us go first in battle. Because its already hard enough.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2009
I'm not very experienced with the world yet, but since you're fire you should get full fire resist, about 72% not including pets. not every batte is the same, that goes the same for your gear

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Galaroza97 on Dec 13, 2013 wrote:
First off the boss is Rank 13 FIRE BOSS status, basically like somewhere level 130. May I add this boss is solo only

Is it really necessary to start off the battle having to go second. The boss already starts with over full power pips, but he also has 2 FIRE MINIONS that are Rank 12 and start off with full power pips. Oh sure that is totally fair, I am like level 85, and I can barely start with 4 or even 3 pips but these guys always start with X power pips. How did this pass a fair boss?

Look I can put aside most of this, but why don't you let us start the battle with you going first. Seriously, its 3v1 and the boss and 2 MINIONS are like 50 levels ahead of you. How is that fair. This is both anger inducing and annoying as it carries on through the whole battle.

You know how it gets even more annoying, its that I am fire and I have to deal with this and since the new Fire Tunic I got from the crown shop has no resistance what so ever, I 'd say the tunic is not helping at all when trying to get crits or damage.

I am not saying you should change EVERYTHING, I am saying to just let us go first in battle. Because its already hard enough.
Here is somewhat of a guide on the instance. It assumes you have a life amulet, trained Death to Feint, Life to Satyr and Resuffle. Tall order for things you probably didn't need prior to this world, least I didn't.

http://www.duelist101.com/other-w101-guides/w101-spell-guides/wizard101-azteca-sun-school-quest-video/

The only problem I find with these guides is I never have exactly what they have and usually can't get it so I have to customize the set up enough so maybe I can defeat the battle or at least have less defeats at it then I did with out it.

I did very poorly with all these 3v1 battles in AZ and find that they are an oxie moron to say the least. Battles in this world could be considered difficult enough with out throwing in these solo instances for a way to stop you from having a little more of an edge against the monsters.

In the end they are the first spells I submitted to henchmen for to assure victory on my Life and Balance wizards and afterward was very disappointed in doing it and will never do it again. After trying repeatedly and the randomness of their attacks I just couldn't seem to get a strategy going. When I voiced my concern on the boards that these battles where a tad unfair I was told it meant I was not really ready for the spells then. After thinking about it for a while that was correct - so from here on in, where ever I am in the Spiral and I can not comfortably progress solo, it's where I quit. It's left me with such a bad taste in my mouth for the entire world that questing there became a drudgery, fight after fight monotony.

We now have 6 wizards scattered about that world that may never see the other side of it. I have 2 other family members that just can't forge though on their own, hence I have to be able to solo, so when I gave up they had to also. When you totally have no idea what the story line is even for the area you are in it's no use to continue on.

Mary

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Galaroza97 on Dec 13, 2013 wrote:

Dress for max fire resist with as much attack boost as possible, pack multi prisms, leave the DoT spells out, fill in with traps, blades and shields. Set yourself up for big hits. You want to lay out the prism asap. Get blades up, then meteor to kill the minions. Then just setup to efreet the boss with as much blades and trapsas you can.

Also, about going first, you can always go first in these instance battles. You just need to figure out where to enter the fight. Sometimes it just means running straight towards the first spot, some battles you need to walk around from behind and run into them. Just try different places and you'll figure out what gets you first hit.

Good luck and keep wizarding onward. The Sun School in Azteca is well worth all the hard work it takes. This was frustrating for me in all my schools as well. Also, it is a side quest so take breaks from it and continue the storyline while levelling up. You will eventually get it.

Survivor
Nov 25, 2012
seems tough, but any good wizard can make it with the right cards and gear

Survivor
Jul 04, 2012
First off ty for the early start on the boss because I am ice, so i'm sure it won't be to hard (for me). Second for wanadi trust me it wasn't easy. My strategy was to get special gear for the boss. If you want to know my list of strategies (or what I think that it is called)

NO critical only block!
ALWAYS have good resistance!
and ALWAYS carry shields!

That's my opinion on it. So I hoped I helped!

Sincerely Robert Nightwhisper
lvl 85

Well. Well. Well. So long. Farewell. Until we meet again!

Survivor
Jul 05, 2009
Just wanted to add that using your new minion is a big help. I know they aren't very strategic but it does hit fairly quick giving the boss and minions a target other than you. It also allows you some time to set up blades and traps. I know many don't like minions but I find the new ones to be really helpful if used right.

Defender
Jul 27, 2009
But if your ice it's a breeze