Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Schools of Magic

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 10, 2009
Of course, with the third arc being imagined, KI will probably add one or several new schools of magic!

Well I have come up with one idea for a really advanced and ancient type of school myself. While I am telling you about my idea, I want you to think about a school yourself so we can all help out wizard101 with our class ideas (idk if they already have the classes planned out though)!

Btw, my idea of this new school also backs up my new 3rd boss arc topic. So yes, this is the same magic as the one in my other post.

My crazy idea:

A long time ago (you can get more of this story from my other post), there once was an extraordinary wizard with great power named Alkemin who helped Bartleby create the spiral (explanation in other post). Back then we did not have all of these divided up magic schools, we only had one, and that was Resonation magic. This type of magic is able to link your mind, spirit, body, and soul to all existing matter, which can trigger massive effects. Alkemin of course, used this magic to help create the spiral by splitting his soul into many many pieces (also in other post). Unfortunately though, he lost the will to live eventually and did one last deed before he passed away: create the many schools we know today! Of course, he had made our little circle of magic with all elemental, spiritual, and astral schools (plus balance) inside it. But, this is only one of the shapes of magic! Alkemin actually made three shapes (probably circles) of magic to form a triangle and in the middle of this triangle is Resonation magic which keeps these schools in check!(this means if this idea is ever used, there might be a lot more schools to master, lol). All other types of magic though, lie within other parts of the triangle, known as the forbidden magic classes (I will do some kind of post probably about it later) like shadow magic which lies within the triangle around the shapes but away from the middle.

Since we are only focusing on Resonation magic today, let me get into some of it's potential:

Resonation magic is said to have massive effects due to the high concentration (if you master it of course)! If you are not able to control this type of magic, it can tear your body and or soul to shreds! But if you can control it, it can do great goodness, or total chaos! This type of magic does not really focus on summoning beasts so much, mostly blasts and effects or things to do with the Ancient Laws of Magic. The only school known to be effective against this type of magic lies within the center of each magic shape, like Balance magic.

I hope you liked my little idea! I hope to finish my stories at some blog if I ever make one! If I do I will try to get word around! Now I hope you guys and gals have great ideas that you can post too so we can all give KI wonderful ideas!

PS. If needed, I hope to one day post a list of spells or something on that blog!

PSS. I posted another topic explaining a bit more about this subject!

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Dustin ThunderSton... on Dec 2, 2013 wrote:
Of course, with the third arc being imagined, KI will probably add one or several new schools of magic!

Well I have come up with one idea for a really advanced and ancient type of school myself. While I am telling you about my idea, I want you to think about a school yourself so we can all help out wizard101 with our class ideas (idk if they already have the classes planned out though)!

Btw, my idea of this new school also backs up my new 3rd boss arc topic. So yes, this is the same magic as the one in my other post.

My crazy idea:

A long time ago (you can get more of this story from my other post), there once was an extraordinary wizard with great power named Alkemin who helped Bartleby create the spiral (explanation in other post). Back then we did not have all of these divided up magic schools, we only had one, and that was Resonation magic. This type of magic is able to link your mind, spirit, body, and soul to all existing matter, which can trigger massive effects. Alkemin of course, used this magic to help create the spiral by splitting his soul into many many pieces (also in other post). Unfortunately though, he lost the will to live eventually and did one last deed before he passed away: create the many schools we know today! Of course, he had made our little circle of magic with all elemental, spiritual, and astral schools (plus balance) inside it. But, this is only one of the shapes of magic! Alkemin actually made three shapes (probably circles) of magic to form a triangle and in the middle of this triangle is Resonation magic which keeps these schools in check!(this means if this idea is ever used, there might be a lot more schools to master, lol). All other types of magic though, lie within other parts of the triangle, known as the forbidden magic classes (I will do some kind of post probably about it later) like shadow magic which lies within the triangle around the shapes but away from the middle.

Since we are only focusing on Resonation magic today, let me get into some of it's potential:

Resonation magic is said to have massive effects due to the high concentration (if you master it of course)! If you are not able to control this type of magic, it can tear your body and or soul to shreds! But if you can control it, it can do great goodness, or total chaos! This type of magic does not really focus on summoning beasts so much, mostly blasts and effects or things to do with the Ancient Laws of Magic. The only school known to be effective against this type of magic lies within the center of each magic shape, like Balance magic.

I hope you liked my little idea! I hope to finish my stories at some blog if I ever make one! If I do I will try to get word around! Now I hope you guys and gals have great ideas that you can post too so we can all give KI wonderful ideas!

PS. If needed, I hope to one day post a list of spells or something on that blog!

PSS. I posted another topic explaining a bit more about this subject!
sorry dragons tritons and giants CREATED storm magic ice magic and fire magic they did not simply take them out of an old magic your resonation sounds like poor spinoff of balance

Survivor
Jul 28, 2013
Its like balance and i like the storyline the way it is thank you very much.

Alia Winterwhisper

Survivor
Aug 10, 2010
critical blizzard on Dec 2, 2013 wrote:
sorry dragons tritons and giants CREATED storm magic ice magic and fire magic they did not simply take them out of an old magic your resonation sounds like poor spinoff of balance
Hold on there. Resonation COULD be the creator of life, myth and death. Nobody created them right o.o

Pardon me but I am only level 33 so tell me if there is already a storyline about that.

-Grace Goldenleaf Level 33 Magus

Survivor
Sep 15, 2012
Actually, Grandmother Raven and Bartleby related the Dragons, the Giants, and the Tritons. These created Fire, Ice, and Storm magic in the Days Before. Later on they combined these magic schools and create Life, Death, and Myth. Then again the Celestians combined three schools and made the three astral schools, Star, Sun, and Moon. Then with all this came Balance. Your version of magic isn't accurate with the history of magic. I'm nit trying to be mean but this was a bad idea. Anyway, great story.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Jack Shadowwhisper on Dec 5, 2013 wrote:
Actually, Grandmother Raven and Bartleby related the Dragons, the Giants, and the Tritons. These created Fire, Ice, and Storm magic in the Days Before. Later on they combined these magic schools and create Life, Death, and Myth. Then again the Celestians combined three schools and made the three astral schools, Star, Sun, and Moon. Then with all this came Balance. Your version of magic isn't accurate with the history of magic. I'm nit trying to be mean but this was a bad idea. Anyway, great story.

If Sun is Fire, Storm & Life, Moon is Ice, Myth & Death. Then Star could be Balance, Shadow and another school. I suggest that the other school isn't Resonation, but it could be Light. I have no idea what Light does, but Light wizards could be called Photomancers, and Shadow wizards could be called Umbramancers.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Grace Goldenleaf on Dec 5, 2013 wrote:
Hold on there. Resonation COULD be the creator of life, myth and death. Nobody created them right o.o

Pardon me but I am only level 33 so tell me if there is already a storyline about that.

-Grace Goldenleaf Level 33 Magus
hold on there i have said this before think of the schools of magic as paint and storm ice and fire are the primary colors merle ambrose mixed storm and ice and got death storm and fire and got life fire and ice and got myth mixed them all and got balance https://www.wizard101.com/game/magic-schools

Defender
Jul 10, 2009
So, I found your earlier post. Good ideas here. Maybe the spells could be like wand spells (costing no pips) but also like Insane Bolt (Where they have a chance of hitting you). And maybe instead of accuracy, it could be the chance it has of hitting you? (probably effected by accuracy boosts, though). And maybe there could be blades (or traps?) where there was a chance of it casting on your enemy(or you?).

Haley MoonHeart, Promethean Thaumagture