Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why Kingsisle why.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 06, 2011
Kingsisle, i love wizard101. I have been playing for almost 5 years now. i PVP all the time, well used too until what you guys have been doing recently. Please stop with all this gear with critical and insane pets and stuff. pvp used to be so much fun, back when you could actually win them without having to worry about whether they are gonna critical with their insane critical, because unless your ice or you have crowns all the time you cannot get a wand worth anything. Now i loved pvp back whenever jade wasnt here, critical didnt even matter, hades gear wasnt here, critical on pets, fairy on pets, mega damage on pets, warlord gear. Its all cheap and if you do not stop with all this your just gonna keep losing all the money you guys are making. famous pvp people are quitting not making new videos, i mean they are going to League of Legends i mean do you guys really want this. All i am asking of you kingsisle which i am sure you have heard people ask before, please just make pvp without jade and hades and critical boots i would do anything if we could just go back and have waterworks please even Avalon crafted would work for me. i dont like pvp anymore and lately i have had thoughts about quitting, Because of all this stuff the game is honestly getting less and less fun, and the only fun things anymore cost crowns like the no mastery tourneys and stuff like that. I hardly ever get crowns, and its rather messed up (Just Saying) i really just want to have pvp where i dont have to worry about people killing me one shot i want waterworks pvp or avalon crafted pvp. please kingsisle this is important like your just gonna keep losing players if you do not do something about all this stuff. at least make it to where us members can have different pvp choices like you did for tourneys such as classic and no mastery, make a waterworks only or avalon crafted only. please kingsisle i love wiz and i really dont want to quit, but if this keeps going on i might have too. I just want to pvp. P.S. I would really like pink for the boys too because i would like to celebrate breast cancer with pink clothes on my wizard please take these suggestions into consideration.
Sincerely,
Your fellow wizard, Zachary Dragonfist

Delver
Jan 18, 2013
ZackDragonfist14 on Nov 23, 2013 wrote:
Kingsisle, i love wizard101. I have been playing for almost 5 years now. i PVP all the time, well used too until what you guys have been doing recently. Please stop with all this gear with critical and insane pets and stuff. pvp used to be so much fun, back when you could actually win them without having to worry about whether they are gonna critical with their insane critical, because unless your ice or you have crowns all the time you cannot get a wand worth anything. Now i loved pvp back whenever jade wasnt here, critical didnt even matter, hades gear wasnt here, critical on pets, fairy on pets, mega damage on pets, warlord gear. Its all cheap and if you do not stop with all this your just gonna keep losing all the money you guys are making. famous pvp people are quitting not making new videos, i mean they are going to League of Legends i mean do you guys really want this. All i am asking of you kingsisle which i am sure you have heard people ask before, please just make pvp without jade and hades and critical boots i would do anything if we could just go back and have waterworks please even Avalon crafted would work for me. i dont like pvp anymore and lately i have had thoughts about quitting, Because of all this stuff the game is honestly getting less and less fun, and the only fun things anymore cost crowns like the no mastery tourneys and stuff like that. I hardly ever get crowns, and its rather messed up (Just Saying) i really just want to have pvp where i dont have to worry about people killing me one shot i want waterworks pvp or avalon crafted pvp. please kingsisle this is important like your just gonna keep losing players if you do not do something about all this stuff. at least make it to where us members can have different pvp choices like you did for tourneys such as classic and no mastery, make a waterworks only or avalon crafted only. please kingsisle i love wiz and i really dont want to quit, but if this keeps going on i might have too. I just want to pvp. P.S. I would really like pink for the boys too because i would like to celebrate breast cancer with pink clothes on my wizard please take these suggestions into consideration.
Sincerely,
Your fellow wizard, Zachary Dragonfist
I agree with everything you just wrote. I am so close to quitting for good as well, if KI has not restored the balance to PvP by the next update or at least made an honest effort to fix things close to the way PvP used to be then I'm going to start playing something else. It is a shame that I have spent so much time and crowns devaloping my character for a game with PvP that I loved only for KI to ruin it with their updates.

Delver
Jan 18, 2013
Also playing lower level PvP is not the same as it used to be when level 50 was the max level. It is just as bad, as I rank up I end up facing all these level 90 players with this ridiculus gear anyway. The whole reason I wanted to play level 50 PvP was so I wouldn't have to put up with all this level 90 over powered gear nonsense. It is ruining all of PvP even for lower level PvP.

At first playing with my level 50 PvP character was awesome. It didn't take long for me to rank up and the fun stopped very quickly as I started facing level 90s. I don't mind loosing, but loosing to level 90s with mega critical that take me out in the first couple of turns is not what I call fun. You might as well send me to the firing squad. No amount of skill can make up for this gear that these top level wizards have when you are only a level 50.

If something is not done about this soon I can't see myself playing this game anymore. PvP used to be fun but now it is more like role a dice to see who wins.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
Ghost stone on Nov 23, 2013 wrote:
Also playing lower level PvP is not the same as it used to be when level 50 was the max level. It is just as bad, as I rank up I end up facing all these level 90 players with this ridiculus gear anyway. The whole reason I wanted to play level 50 PvP was so I wouldn't have to put up with all this level 90 over powered gear nonsense. It is ruining all of PvP even for lower level PvP.

At first playing with my level 50 PvP character was awesome. It didn't take long for me to rank up and the fun stopped very quickly as I started facing level 90s. I don't mind loosing, but loosing to level 90s with mega critical that take me out in the first couple of turns is not what I call fun. You might as well send me to the firing squad. No amount of skill can make up for this gear that these top level wizards have when you are only a level 50.

If something is not done about this soon I can't see myself playing this game anymore. PvP used to be fun but now it is more like role a dice to see who wins.
I think you and I have shared very similar PvP experiences over the years because whenever I see your posts I feel validated. I too became relegated to the last bastion of decent PvP fun, the level 50 wizard. And I too experienced the raw power of untalented level 90 critical spammers. So I retired.

I don't believe PvP in this game will ever harken back to the golden age of PvP, which I consider to be Waterworks gear up to and just before Jadezillas. For me that was an era of PvP where there were multiple pathways to victory which kept things interesting and fun.

From then on I'm afraid the PvP Devs have succumbed to an error in thinking that many other PvPs have experienced, The Power Creep.

Instead of balancing the issues that existed, they simply made an additional mechanic that overwrote the previous problem. Then of course, to fix the new problem, you have to Power Creep once again in another direction, on and on ad infinitum. It never ends.

It's certainly much more difficult to fix the balance issues they have created. It's so much more simpler to implement the Power Creep. And it's just possible that this is the way most people want to experience PvP these days anyway. 10 minutes may simply be the average attention span of the current player.