Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A challenge to KI developers

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 26, 2011
I would like to see KI develop a creature who is virtually unbeatable who does not cheat and has to play by the same rules as every other wizard. The creature would be fought in a PVP arena and follow the PVP rules i.e. starting pips and level matching. The created would be smart enough to evaluate the currents situation and react with the appropriate spells. So the creature would not cast a high pip spell right into a shield. The creature would heal when they are low on health. Basically I am asking for a virtually PVP opponent. Kind of like human-vs computer chess match. Can KI develops a truely intelligent opponent?

Ideas for going about this...just brainstorming...
1. The opponent could possibly be a mirror image of yourself, same level, same stats, maybe same deck setup.
2. Or maybe the opponent could be one of each of the teachers from the seven schools. You could choose which shool to battle and their stats would adjust to match your stats and your level. They would have access to all the spells up to your level and be a master of that school.
3. Or maybe you can choose the rank of you opponent from private to warlord to give people a progression of difficulty in the PVP arena.
4. Or a combination of all the above.

I think it would be a cool challenge for both developers and players to see who can be the best at PVP, man or machine. I think it would also be a better way for some people to start PVP if there was a progression of difficulty against a computer instead of going strait into actuall PVP with live people which can be intimidating for some to start.

Defender
Apr 17, 2009
Just Another Wizar... on Oct 31, 2013 wrote:
I would like to see KI develop a creature who is virtually unbeatable who does not cheat and has to play by the same rules as every other wizard. The creature would be fought in a PVP arena and follow the PVP rules i.e. starting pips and level matching. The created would be smart enough to evaluate the currents situation and react with the appropriate spells. So the creature would not cast a high pip spell right into a shield. The creature would heal when they are low on health. Basically I am asking for a virtually PVP opponent. Kind of like human-vs computer chess match. Can KI develops a truely intelligent opponent?

1. The opponent could possibly be a mirror image of yourself, same level, same stats, maybe same deck setup.
2. Or maybe the opponent could be one of each of the teachers from the seven schools. You could choose which shool to battle and their stats would adjust to match your stats and your level. They would have access to all the spells up to your level and be a master of that school.
3. Or maybe you can choose the rank of you opponent from private to warlord to give people a progression of difficulty in the PVP arena.

I think it would be a cool challenge for both developers and players to see who can be the best at PVP, man or machine. I think it would also be a better way for some people to start PVP if there was a progression of difficulty against a computer instead of going strait into actuall PVP with live people which can be intimidating for some to start.
Sounds like a great idea and I love it, But It's easier said then done and it takes a while to do, Not to mention some people will say some are too tough, so they give up, Sure it's not forced on you, but Diego will probably try to set a match for you.

Survivor
Jul 22, 2011
Just Another Wizar... on Oct 31, 2013 wrote:

Cool idea, I would love to see how hard it would be to challenge our teachers,

Survivor
Feb 02, 2013
What you're attempting to explain won't happen and would likely be too difficult to reasonably program without many flaws.

Survivor
Nov 26, 2011
rinkworks on Nov 1, 2013 wrote:
What you're attempting to explain won't happen and would likely be too difficult to reasonably program without many flaws.
I realize the complexity involved in creating an intelligent virtual PVP opponent. Hence the title of my post "A challenge to KI developers." The reason why I am asking for this is because I have seen many people complain about cheating bosses. Which seem to be too difficult for some people to figure out and overcome. Some people just plain out feel that cheating bosses are simply unfair. In order for KI to make boss fights more challenging they have implemented higher starting pips, higher health and cheats. From a coding perspective these are easy algorithms to implement. For cheats its simply after x number of rounds cast y spell. Or when player does x boss does y. So the other alternative to increasing the challenge would be to even the playing field, same pips, same health relatively same gear and increase the opponent intelligence. Yes this would be an extremely difficult undertaking due to all the permutations of a battle. And yes I would only want to see this as an optional challenge for those interested and maybe even a badge to wear after defeating this supreme overlord of a particular school.