Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Multiple Wizards, How to approach?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 04, 2010
Hey guys, BudderTaco69 here and I have a question about having/using multiple wizards.

We all know by now that KI has implemented the usage of multiple wizards for use to use however we would like.
However, what is the best approach to using these slots? Should I focus on one wizard until I beat the game and use another until a new world/level cap is released? Should I work on multiple wizards at the same pace?

Please let me know, because it has really been bothering me for some reason lately.
- BudderTaco69

Explorer
Jun 26, 2012
I start a wizard and go up to max level, because doing the same quests over and over 7 times is kinda boring.

Sean Firesword Level 90
Sean Stormsword Level 90
Sean Icesword Level 42
Sean Mythsword Level 22
Sean Lifesword Level 6
Sean Deathsword Level 6

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
BudderTaco69 on Oct 13, 2013 wrote:
Hey guys, BudderTaco69 here and I have a question about having/using multiple wizards.

We all know by now that KI has implemented the usage of multiple wizards for use to use however we would like.
However, what is the best approach to using these slots? Should I focus on one wizard until I beat the game and use another until a new world/level cap is released? Should I work on multiple wizards at the same pace?

Please let me know, because it has really been bothering me for some reason lately.
- BudderTaco69
This is actually your call here.

When I started the game I had no intentions of making other wizards but when at the end of Zafaria - waiting on Avalon and not sure I would continue due to be mainly a solo player I started another wizard. Once I broke the ice with that I started another one. So my original Life wizard was parked and I started a Death wizard, then a Storm one. This allowed me to play in different areas of the game since I prefer the 1st arc.

Now I progress to where I want, delete and start over only keeping my original Life wizard. This also gives you a better idea on how other schools have it and how the monsters can work also. In other words you learn more about the game this way.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
It all depends on how you play.

I tend to focus on one wizard at a time~ when I started playing, the level cap was 60 and my Balance wizard was my first/main character. So I would usually play her until she reached max level, switch wizards, repeat.

My Balance wizard maxed out at level 90 sometime in January. So I switched to my Death wizard~ maxed him out, then switched to Storm (who is mid-80s in Azteca). Once she's maxed out, I'll move to the next wizard in line, though I'll still mess around with my low-levels when I get sick of Azteca and need something else to do.

I run 2 accounts, so I never get bored. My myth wizard is in Dragonspyre~ he's currently paired up with my Ice wizard on a side account, so he's not stuck for help with questing. And my wizards are mostly friends with each other, so I have an instant capable teammate for anything I do (though the conversation isn't exactly stimulating, at least the company is good).

-v.

90 and
40 and

Survivor
Dec 28, 2010
I play on a wizard until I cap them or get bored with them then I go to another wizard. I get bored easily so I currently have about 8 accounts lol. Do not plan on making anymore, but I just hate to delete a wizard even though I have deleted a few over the past few years. The lvl cap was 50 when I started playing. I met someone on the game and we have been playing together now for about 4 years. She is my best friend now and we are both older players. I have learned a lot about battling from her.

Explorer
Jun 04, 2011
Hi wizards,

I have been contemplating on this fact for quite some time now as well. Since I have a year's worth of subscription, time is not much of a limit, however, I feel as though finishing one wizard ( until the level cap is increased) is a better choice. Isn't it better having one fully completed wizard than having a bunch of middle to lower level wizards? That's my opinion at least. If others feel differently, then, so be it. Either decision is not bad, as the whole point of the game is just to enjoy it .

Emmaline Iceshard
Level 73 Transcendent Thaumaturge

Explorer
Mar 30, 2010
I just kinda make a new one when I get stuck or bored :P

Survivor
Nov 26, 2011
I have one wizard who is max level. I created new wizards to support my initial wizard. Once you get into gardening and pets it is helpful to use those other slots for wizards dedicated to gardening and pet training. Once you get into PVP you will also realize that lower level PVP is a lot more fun than high level PVP. I also use those extra wizards for different levels of PVP. It's fun to try out diffent schools and adds variety. But if you have a favorite school you can create a second wizard in that school and pass down the prize gear to him that you acquire on you journey to create a more powerful lower level wizard. In my case I did that with the death school. I have a promethean and magus death wizard. My magus is mainly for PVP. And he also helps out with his gardening and pet training chores.