Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance Spell - Mana Burn

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 19, 2009
When casting the spell successfully - hits a target and reduces their PIPS down to 3 or 4 they should automatically fizzle on the next spell if they do not now have the required PIPS. In the current setup mana burn hits the target and takes their pips down but within the same round they are able to cast a spell that requires more PIPS than they have now by the time their turn starts

Is this the intent of the spell or should it cause the wizard hit by Mana Burn to fizzle if they do not have the required PIPS to cast the spell

Defender
Aug 26, 2011
the way it is is ok right now, they didn't want to break burn even more than it actually is.

Gabriel Ashcaller level 76 warlord (and serious burn spammer :P)

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Wolf Legendstalker on Oct 7, 2013 wrote:
When casting the spell successfully - hits a target and reduces their PIPS down to 3 or 4 they should automatically fizzle on the next spell if they do not now have the required PIPS. In the current setup mana burn hits the target and takes their pips down but within the same round they are able to cast a spell that requires more PIPS than they have now by the time their turn starts

Is this the intent of the spell or should it cause the wizard hit by Mana Burn to fizzle if they do not have the required PIPS to cast the spell
Wolf,

I expect that you already know this, but I am posting for those that may not.
It works different, depending on if you are first or second casting the spell.
If you are first, it works exact the way you state, the person that has already chosen their
spell, gets to cast it. It's a chance you take, when using Mana Burn, so it has to be timed, and you
need a little luck too.
On the other hand, if you are second and cast Mana Burn, it does take three (or four if a Gear, etc spell)
of their pips, but they cannot cast the spell with the lost pips. (We also lose three pips by casting it).
This is the way it was designed from the start, which I never agreed with, but I guess we have to live with it.

Mana burn is a good delay spell, but it does little damage without good solid Gear Boost.

justanoob.

Survivor
May 19, 2009
Thanks Veracity8
I was hoping that it worked this way but while playing it was cast on me - reduced my pips down to three but was able to still cast Ra which requires 8 pips.

I was hoping that if I was in first position cast it - reducing enemy down to 3/4 pips that their next spell (within the same turn) would fizzle if they did not have the required pips.

Thanks again

Survivor
Feb 23, 2009
i'm a max balance and i think mana burn awesome way it is when i have someone at 2 pips i can do a total of 700 to 800 because of my op damage 80 but i still suck at pvp honestly the best way to use mana burn is to use when person is saving pips (this for fire or storm) when they using the x trap and blade and when you mana burn the person still uses his attack which is a part but if they fizzle or not using yet it will be perfect to do like a 1000 for 8 pips keep becoming awesome