Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PvP Passing battles.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 19, 2013
Hi, I experienced quite a horrific battle in PvP yesterday.

I was given an hour to play the game for the whole day. Guess what? The whole time I was stuck in a passing battle. My opponent had one card (He ran out first and started passing). I noticed so I stopped casting spells too. Now the rules are if you run out of cards you lose, right? Well if you pass you don't lose. People do this WAY TO OFTEN.

So here is a solution I really need kingsisle to consider.

If you pass eight turns in a row in PvP, you will be disqualified. You can get all the pips you need to cast a strong spell, but you can't pass like a hundred times to avoid losing.

Simple, and efficient.

Please comment your ideas to this topic, let's make this a popular post so Kingsisle's attention gets drawn to it. We can stop the PvP Pass Battles!

- Charles Wintergem

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
Cyanogen on Oct 4, 2013 wrote:
Hi, I experienced quite a horrific battle in PvP yesterday.

I was given an hour to play the game for the whole day. Guess what? The whole time I was stuck in a passing battle. My opponent had one card (He ran out first and started passing). I noticed so I stopped casting spells too. Now the rules are if you run out of cards you lose, right? Well if you pass you don't lose. People do this WAY TO OFTEN.

So here is a solution I really need kingsisle to consider.

If you pass eight turns in a row in PvP, you will be disqualified. You can get all the pips you need to cast a strong spell, but you can't pass like a hundred times to avoid losing.

Simple, and efficient.

Please comment your ideas to this topic, let's make this a popular post so Kingsisle's attention gets drawn to it. We can stop the PvP Pass Battles!

- Charles Wintergem
Yes! I believe I commented an in depth reply to another post like this, but let's just say I like it. Except not 8 turns, let's be honest, the deck won't always have the spell you want in 8 turns, sadly. Maybe on the ninth turn you find the spell you want, but it's too late.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Wizgamer105 on Oct 12, 2013 wrote:
Yes! I believe I commented an in depth reply to another post like this, but let's just say I like it. Except not 8 turns, let's be honest, the deck won't always have the spell you want in 8 turns, sadly. Maybe on the ninth turn you find the spell you want, but it's too late.
sounds good they will just have to use what they get

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
This problem was made clear to KI when they nerfed reshuffle to a treasure card, as has the suggestion to automatically make someone lose after "x" amount of passing.

I'm not sure if KI hired new folks in the PvP department or what, but most of their decisions in the last year have been wrong thinking and a detriment to making PvP fair and fun.

Regarding reshuffle, I'm still waiting for a better explanation than "It wasn't meant to be an infinite reshuffle card." I can state with some certainty that nobody in the history of The Spiral has ever used a reshuffle card an infinite amount of times.