Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Aquila Storm Gear Underpowered

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 11, 2010
So I went into Tartarus, excited as ever, because I thought I had the chance to get some amazing storm school gear. But as I looked at the gear, I realized none of it is that good! All of it either takes away damage, block or resist! The only two pieces of gear, in my opinion, worth farming for are the Blackthunder Walkers and the Blackthunder Armor.

Sean Goldblood lvl 90,and lvl 50

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
amazingdiviner13 on Oct 2, 2013 wrote:
So I went into Tartarus, excited as ever, because I thought I had the chance to get some amazing storm school gear. But as I looked at the gear, I realized none of it is that good! All of it either takes away damage, block or resist! The only two pieces of gear, in my opinion, worth farming for are the Blackthunder Walkers and the Blackthunder Armor.

I have no words for someone that gets over powered critical rating and an over powered 1525-1625 attack spell.

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
Well if your level 90do you really need it your probably pretty powerful already but on the other hand everyone deserves a good reward for hard work and hades the unseen has 22,500 health which makes him pretty hard to beat without a group oh and if your disappointed with his drops go fight gladiator I'm level 30 and I always group up with higher ranking wizards to farm him and I don't die very much he's actually mean't to be fought by level 90 wizards and he has 30'000 health

Survivor
Feb 11, 2010
Nicholas Hawkspear on Oct 2, 2013 wrote:
I have no words for someone that gets over powered critical rating and an over powered 1525-1625 attack spell.
Yea, we have a lot of damage, but we have no resist or block! The new gear should've balanced it out but it didn't. We can either have high damage and no block or resist, or low damage and still mediocre block and resist.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
True. There is no outstanding Storm gear in Aquila, at least for PvE. At best you are making minor trade-offs with WaterWorks, crown, and crafted stuff, but not an upgrade overall. Very disappointing.

Survivor
Feb 04, 2009
amazingdiviner13 on Oct 3, 2013 wrote:
Yea, we have a lot of damage, but we have no resist or block! The new gear should've balanced it out but it didn't. We can either have high damage and no block or resist, or low damage and still mediocre block and resist.
Nooooo,
It's best for all the schools to go there own path.
I don't want schools that are similar to each other.
Each school should work on it's strength's.
Storm must always have low resists and health compared to other schools to balance out the amount of power.
If you want resists make another wizard.
I want to see each school develop in its own way.
I don't ever wanna see the day when all gear regardless of school is basically the same.

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
HectorMoonshade on Oct 5, 2013 wrote:
Nooooo,
It's best for all the schools to go there own path.
I don't want schools that are similar to each other.
Each school should work on it's strength's.
Storm must always have low resists and health compared to other schools to balance out the amount of power.
If you want resists make another wizard.
I want to see each school develop in its own way.
I don't ever wanna see the day when all gear regardless of school is basically the same.
I'm not sure I like the individualized approach to each school. For example, what you're basically saying is from now on give all heals to Life. Take away Storm's Healing Current, Death's Sacrifice, Balance's heals and so on and so forth.

I'm not for this at all. It was inevitable that the schools focuses would one day start merging, and I believe that it's about time we started expanding our horizons. While I do think that we should have more spells that play to our strengths, I also think that having a few spells with other schools' side effects/damage/focus etc. would be nice

On my point of merging talents, I think it's time that all schools get upgraded Waterworks gear. At that level, and for at least 20 levels afterward, it was around the best, if not the best gear there was. While our focuses were more pronounced, we had good general stats and I don't think it went overboard in any way. Mixing and matching gear is fun and helpful, but dropping one stat for another just isn't my style.

As for the Tartarus gear, I have to say, mixing and matching with Waterworks gear or Avalon crafted is probably your best bet. No set of gear is a sure-fire win and it's up to you to decide which gear combinations work best for you.

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
Are you kidding me!? "Yea, we have a lot of damage, but we have no resist or block!" What was that? The Storm school deals allot of damage, but is weaker in defenses. You are complaining about something you knowingly chose.

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
Aquila doesn't have anything good, except some gear and a lot of XP. I really think they should have made the Morganthe world instead. But, resistance is good. But once we reach lvl 50, we get set on crits. Maybe you should try the gear, maybe its good.

Angela Gem
Level 70
Life school

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
True I kinda agree with the post above me is so high damage that you have to have the low resist and high fizzle rate to balance it all out imagine With high resist and accurate spells ALONG with high damage that would just be unfair

Explorer
May 21, 2012
not to complai or anything but storm gear is already overpowered with 300 crit and 80 damage boost u guys should be fine its probably becasue storm is power greedy and health needy

Autumn Darkeyes 58

Survivor
Jul 30, 2011

If storm gets a gear damage boost then its only fair other schools should get it too. Storm doesn't really need more damage than they already have and there is proof of that. In fact I don't see storms dying as much as they used to and most of them can still deal huge amounts of damage and not fizzle. Not only that but in pvp they are doing a lot better than ok. At level 90 they have the most people on the top 1000 leaderboard for ranked pvp. Not a fan of pvp? Well thats too bad because pvp while it does have its flaws it still is a good indicator of whether or not a spell is too useful and how a school matches up with the others.

Brandon Ironblade Level 90

Survivor
Jan 19, 2010

You're thinking of storm to highly, its not the all powerful school man, every school has their weaknesses and their strengths.

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
Yeah I don't pvp but when I do dungeons with storm wizards tempest is just about always a knock out spell storm is very strong and with accuracy spells doesn't really have to worry about fizzling which is why I like doing dungeons with storm wizards I have to do little to nothing but blade feint heal and shield it's really easy LOL

Survivor
Nov 12, 2011
I am Lvl 90 and i have %36 resist global, 225 block, 292 critical, 79% damage, and 91% power pips. I do agree that the Aquila armor for Storm is a bit underpowered compared to the other schools. You have to put in account that storm has only 3/4 of the health at MOST of all other prometheans and that yes we have overpowered spells, but we also die much faster. People need to realize that you can't go for just high critical and damage for storm, you need to bring down your critical and damage to get more balanced stats. All in all, i am disapointed by how weak the armor is from AQ.

Trevor Lvl 90