Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Silver Chest vs. Wood Chest

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 21, 2010
The other day I was in krok questing and finding A LOT of chests (more than I remember from Krok). THe least I got from these was about 12 gold and most was 25-30 gold. So I come across a Silver Chest complete it and get the prize which was 15 gold!?!?!? Is it me or do this proportions seem a bit odd? I understand it's Krok but that just seems kind of odd. What do you think?

-Morgan Legendheart level 48ish, Dragonspyre
Emma Earthgrove level 16, Krok (duh)

Survivor
Apr 20, 2012
I know how you feel. If you are a member, Try getting chests in Azteca, Avalon, and Celestia.

Hope this helped!

Nicole Blueleaf level 33,

Survivor
Oct 20, 2009
Its fine, that was my first reaction when I started finding Silver Chests. As you soon Level-Up, it goes higher in prize; BUT, the highest I'm at is 75, and that's still very little for a level 34. If I were you, I'd just stick to the Wooden Chests, because you get an amount of gold for free, instead of having to do a silly game that you may/may not win to get the same amount.

~ Logan NightShard

Defender
Aug 20, 2008
It's random. Usually that means that a silver chest is slightly better than a wood chest; some gold and a treasure card. Occasionally it means that it's just a few gold, other times it means that it's a big prize compared to the regular prize.

Just the way the dice roll.

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
In celestia, silver chests give 250-300 gold, and rare reagents such as scales, fins, and sandstone. I think the prizes are random ..... Higher worlds give better silver chest rewards.

Delver
Aug 21, 2013
Not worth the time unless you're hurting for gold and are having trouble finding other sources (like wooden chests). I used to do them a lot but after never getting anything to make it worth the effort, I'm done with them. I think that the reward should be at least double what you would get if it had been a wooden chest. Better yet, double the amount with the minimum added being 100 gold.

Survivor
Dec 25, 2011
I stopped doing during either one of them, the reward is just not worth it. I can understand the wooden chest being cheap on the reward but the silver takes a little and there is a chance that you may fail. Maybe what they need to do is create a gold chest that has a harder game with better reward, this way they will have 3 chests with an increasing level of difficulty and reward.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
I haven't bothered with silver chests in about 2 years or more. I'm not sure why there are more of them now.

Survivor
Jun 11, 2010
Rainbow0839 on Sep 27, 2013 wrote:
The other day I was in krok questing and finding A LOT of chests (more than I remember from Krok). THe least I got from these was about 12 gold and most was 25-30 gold. So I come across a Silver Chest complete it and get the prize which was 15 gold!?!?!? Is it me or do this proportions seem a bit odd? I understand it's Krok but that just seems kind of odd. What do you think?

-Morgan Legendheart level 48ish, Dragonspyre
Emma Earthgrove level 16, Krok (duh)
Don't worry Morgan that happened to me the first time in krok. I sat there staring at my screen and was like WHAT!? But don't fret. The chests, silver and wooden, get better. Sophia Goldenleaf