Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What spells do you think should be?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 18, 2010
This topic is to talk about a lot of spells ideas, and here are some for example:

Unbroken shield:
Type: Sun
Effect: adds 15% to a shield/ward spell.

Stronger weakness:
Effect: adds 15% for next weakness spell (negative charm).

Duplicate:
Effect: doubles attack and pip cost by 2 (so possible to use only on 1-7 pip cost spell, or KI will create ultra pips, then the max is 21, and it can be used with 10 pip cost spell).

"Mass" spells:

Mass steal charm:
Type: Fire
Effect: steal from every opponent one charm.
Pips: 3

Mass steal ward:
Type: Ice
Effect: steal from every opponent one ward.
Pips: 4

Mass disarm:
Type: Storm
Effect: remove from every opponent one charm.

Mass cleanse charm:
Effect: remove from you and your friends one negative charm (weakness).
Pips: 2

Mass cleanse ward:
Type: Myth
Effect: remove from you and your friends one negative ward (trap).

Mass pierce:
Effect: remove from every opponent one ward.

(Stronger Mass spells)

Mass shatter:
Effect: remove from every opponent all of his shields
Pips: 6

Mass enfeeble:
Effect: remove from every opponent all of his charms.

(Storm also needs overtime attack so I add in here level 98 storm spell):
(I had no name idea):
Effect: attacks enemy 200 and then 1500 over 3 rounds (500 per round)
Pips: 11

I'd like you to say FIRST your opinion, and then I will be happy if you will add more ideas.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012

This spell would cause a massive conflict between storm and fire. Fire, the school of DoTs and storm, the school of massive damage. What would happen is that if this spell was done, in its present form, would cap fire's damage in the future (since storm mages have made it clear that storm has to always have the most powerful of all spells). I understand that this is a level 11 spell, but I think it's just too overpowered. Why does storm even need a DoT? It's claim to fame is big damage not damage over time. If storm is to get a DoT then it must be weaker than Fire's..... for the same reason why any X-pip attack spell death gets HAS to be weaker than storm's.

If you're going to do this type of spell, at this power, then this should be a hybrid spell. One that combines storm and fire magic though I can't even begin to figure out how you would make it work.

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
CameronBC on Sep 26, 2013 wrote:
This topic is to talk about a lot of spells ideas, and here are some for example:

Unbroken shield:
Effect: adds 15% to a shield/ward spell.

Stronger weakness:
Effect: adds 15% for next weakness spell (negative charm).

Duplicate:
Effect: doubles attack and pip cost by 2 (so possible to use only on 1-7 pip cost spell, or KI will create ultra pips, then the max is 21, and it can be used with 10 pip cost spell).

"Mass" spells:

Mass steal charm:
Type: Fire
Effect: steal from every opponent one charm.

Mass steal ward:
Type: Ice
Effect: steal from every opponent one ward.
Pips: 4

Mass disarm:
Effect: remove from every opponent one charm.

Mass cleanse charm:
Effect: remove from you and your friends one negative charm (weakness).

Mass cleanse ward:
Effect: remove from you and your friends one negative ward (trap).

Mass pierce:
Effect: remove from every opponent one ward.

(Stronger Mass spells)

Mass shatter:
Effect: remove from every opponent all of his shields
Pips: 6

Mass enfeeble:
Effect: remove from every opponent all of his charms.

(Storm also needs overtime attack so I add in here level 98 storm spell):
(I had no name idea):

I'd like you to say FIRST your opinion, and then I will be happy if you will add more ideas.
I typed a long post about your ideas, but it didn't go through. So I am going to brief you about my thoughts.

Duplicate: think about supernova (I spent a large paragraph on this but don't want to type it again)

I love the regular mass spells.
The strong mass spells need to be no pvp.
Also, death, life and balance don't have any mass spells here, any ideas? (I'm not too creative)

Storm:
Well, in my opinion storm looks better as a mega damage one hit kind of school, but don't get me wrong. Storm might be able to get a +140 blade with supercharge and sure they might have 500+ critical, but I have something called triage tc. Know that I don't have a problem with me dying in pvp, I don't have a problem with this spell.
The spell is a little unusual but pretty cool, I gotta say. There's nothing wrong with it. If storm wants a DOT I'm in.

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
dayerider on Sep 26, 2013 wrote:

This spell would cause a massive conflict between storm and fire. Fire, the school of DoTs and storm, the school of massive damage. What would happen is that if this spell was done, in its present form, would cap fire's damage in the future (since storm mages have made it clear that storm has to always have the most powerful of all spells). I understand that this is a level 11 spell, but I think it's just too overpowered. Why does storm even need a DoT? It's claim to fame is big damage not damage over time. If storm is to get a DoT then it must be weaker than Fire's..... for the same reason why any X-pip attack spell death gets HAS to be weaker than storm's.

If you're going to do this type of spell, at this power, then this should be a hybrid spell. One that combines storm and fire magic though I can't even begin to figure out how you would make it work.
I agree. Let Storm's sudden strikes reign, Fire's ever-lasting flames burn, Ice's Rock-hard defenses go on, Balance's balanced attacks continue, Life's life-bringing heals flourish, Death's Multi-step swaps spread, and Myth's Many Minions wander.