Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Secondary School for Death Wizard?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 03, 2011
Hello Blaze Hawkhammer level 56 Death Wizard here. I am going to use crowns to reset my skill points. For a secondary school I have Storm. Storm fizzles too often, high attack, and bad resistance. They have horrible stats for pvp, absolutly no good shielding spells. Well I have 6 options and I want you to choose between these.

Option 1: School of Fire: Fire is a bad idea for me, i did not really like storm, they are both almost identical schools

Option 2: School of Myth: Myth is also not a great idea Myth has a little bit higher attack than death, my school, and has decent skills. Myth is a great school but for secondary, just no.

Option 3: School of Ice: Now this is tricky, Ice has great defending spells, like Tower Shield, but Ice really might not help me for secondary, people say it is good for pvp, but with a Death combo, I am not sure.

Option 4: School of Balance: Balance is really balance. Great for pvping good spells, great perks, great school but can option 5 do better?

Option 5: School of Life: Now we are talking! Life can heal, Epic accuracy, but low attack. I might need this! Especially cause it is the opposite school.

Option 6: Astral Schools: Astral perks up battle but is it enough I am not sure.

Tell me which option you think is the best for me in a reply!

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
I have avoided out of school spells on our wizards they come with a well rounded set of school spells to use.

I generally invest in, Stun Block from Diego, the tri blades from Niles and then start the Sun Spells in Celestia, you don't have to take the accuracy ones to progress to Colossus in Drum Jungle.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
I do not PvP so this is based on wizards playing PvE only. I have several Death wizards, one of which is currently in Celestia and soloed Malistaire and that dungeon. My secondary is Fire.
You said you don't like Fire so I'm probably not much help, but I have had great success with it. I do, however rely on Death more than my secondary school no matter the boss. Death can easily get by without a secondary school. Same those training points, but be sure to train the Spirit Trap and Blade in Krok.

Survivor
Aug 11, 2011
At level 56, you are not going to use any other school spells for attacking. Basically, you are going to use death blade, spirit blade, maybe add some traps/feint, and then cast Scarecrow in every PVE battle and a mix of death attacks in PVP battles.

So I would not train any fire/myth/storm spells because you are getting more damage from death spells while being able to use power pips. Some people like training myth to Earthquake for shield smashing in PVP, but I farm so many of these treasure cards from evil magma peas, I don't see the need.

I would train ice to Tower Shield. Normally with wizards of other schools, I train balance to Weakness, but death already cast Plague, which is pretty similar, so no balance spells. With my death wizard, I trained life to Satyr, but I hardly use it (since I am getting healing from Scarecrow) except to heal others. I use the rest of the training points on sun spells and dispels from Mildred Farseer. I love using dispels so much now.

Survivor
Oct 01, 2011
Blaze Hawk Hammer on Sep 10, 2013 wrote:
Hello Blaze Hawkhammer level 56 Death Wizard here. I am going to use crowns to reset my skill points. For a secondary school I have Storm. Storm fizzles too often, high attack, and bad resistance. They have horrible stats for pvp, absolutly no good shielding spells. Well I have 6 options and I want you to choose between these.

Option 1: School of Fire: Fire is a bad idea for me, i did not really like storm, they are both almost identical schools

Option 2: School of Myth: Myth is also not a great idea Myth has a little bit higher attack than death, my school, and has decent skills. Myth is a great school but for secondary, just no.

Option 3: School of Ice: Now this is tricky, Ice has great defending spells, like Tower Shield, but Ice really might not help me for secondary, people say it is good for pvp, but with a Death combo, I am not sure.

Option 4: School of Balance: Balance is really balance. Great for pvping good spells, great perks, great school but can option 5 do better?

Option 5: School of Life: Now we are talking! Life can heal, Epic accuracy, but low attack. I might need this! Especially cause it is the opposite school.

Option 6: Astral Schools: Astral perks up battle but is it enough I am not sure.

You are going to almost certainly want to pick myth - especially if you even intend to PvP.
Also I recommend getting some astral spells such as fortify, infallible and empowerment.
Anwyays, later.

Nathan AshBlood,
Promethean wizard.

Champion
Jun 30, 2009

Myth is suggested on wizard101central.com up to Minotaur, because there is a death Minotaur convert in Stormriven Hall in Celestial. Grabbing the tri-blade of Spirit from Niles.

Of the Astral spells it is suggested to stop at Gargantuan, but Colossal gained after questing in Drum Jungle, Zafaria. This guide was possibly made before Zafaria came online.

Timothy Pearlflower, L90

Survivor
Oct 03, 2011
Ok I have an Idea of what I will do

1. Get the spirit blade/trap

2. Train with life

3. Train with ice up to tower shield

Is this good?

Survivor
Dec 25, 2011
I have a death wizard in Avalon and what I did was train for the tower shield. I did life to satyr but since death heals with each attack I never used the spell. So...get the tower, tri blades, and after that just the sun school spells and you are all set.

Explorer
Jul 29, 2009
My recommendations(in order of importance) would be

1. Get spirit blade

2. Get the Astral spells, i'd say fortify, vengeance, and infallible from Star(skip amplify, vengeance is better at that lvl and you'll replace it with virulence later on anyway) + the Sun spells

3. Get tower shield

4.Train Myth for earthquake and minotaur, earthquake is nice for pvp to remove shields and set up for your allies or scarecrow, and minotaur because there is a sun spell to mutate minotaur into deadly minotaur(which is a slightly powered up death version) which can be useful.

Delver
Feb 15, 2009
:No
:Only good up to Weakness
:Good to get Tower Shield
:Up to Satyr

Defender
Nov 17, 2012

Shouldn't "now we are talking" make it obvious which one to pick?