Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

35 Utility Spell Ideas

AuthorMessage
Historian
May 06, 2009
35 Utility Spell ideas. 5 for each school! Hope you enjoy!
Fire

SurefireRank: X
Acc.: 100%
+10% Pierce Per Pip

BackfireRank: 2
-45% Accuracy x3 to enemy or dispel nextspell to Self

ScorchRank: 6
Acc.: 75%
330Damage over 3 Rounds x3 (Puts 3 seperate DoT's on 1 enemy worth 330 Damage each)

Swipe CharmRank: 3
Acc.: 80%
Steal 1 positive Charm from all enemies

Charm ThiefRank: 2
Steal all positive Charms from target

Ice

Swipe WardRank: 4
Steal 1 positive Ward from all enemies

Ward ThiefRank: 3
Steal all positive Wards from target

StalemateRank: 3
Stun self for 1 Round to stun target for 4 Rds.

PermafrostRank: 2
Make all positive hanging effects unremovable

Glacial FortressRank: 2
-55% Damage Ward x3. Gain +1 from inc. Damage spells within 3 Rds.

Storm

WhirlpoolRank: 6
Accuracy: 100%
Replace all enemies' hanging effects to new targets

Reviving CurrentRank: 4
1125 to target or 10000 Damage to Self (original version of Healing Current now upgraded like Insane Bolt)

Purify CharmRank: 3
Remove all negative charms

Berserk BoltRank: 3
Accuracy: 70%
455 Damage and 50% chance to hit random enemies repeatedly

NixieRank: 3
450 & +25% Damage to Self or 395Damage, -30% Accuracy to target

Balance

Sand PitRank: 6
Trade all negative hanging effects with enemy's positives

Celestial MinionRank: 6
Summon a Minion of or(level 75 Minions)

Quick SandRank: 4
Remove all negative charms & wards to team for 3 Rds.

Pandora's BoxRank: 5
Acc.: 85%
510 Damage over 3 Rds. Remove 1 positive Ward per Rd

JinxRank: 2
+30%Damage to Target; +25%Damage Charm & -80% incomingDamage to Self

Death

Black HoleRank: 2
Acc.: 65%
-Steal target aura. 600 Steal, swap half

Ultimate SacrificeRank: 4
-Take 350Damage. Give 850, +25% Damage & 3 Pips

TerminateRank: 5
Acc.: 10%
-100% Chance to defeat 1 enemy

ShroudedRank: 2
-Remain hidden to all AoE's until directly attacked

RuseRank: 3
+75% Damage to all enemies and +45% Damage to Self

Life

HamadryadRank: X
Acc.: 90%
225, +10%, +5% Damage per Pip. Absorb 300 Damage

Kindred Spirit
+10%, Accuracy & Damage per Pip

Healer's Haze
Target is dealt damage equal to caster's next heal

Inner ConfidenceRank: 0
+25% to next Incoming

Overgrowth
115+585Damage over 3 Rds to all enemies

Myth

Sacrifice PawnRank: 4
Sacrifice Minion for 440Damage to target

Gambit MinionRank: 7
Sacrifice Minion for 675Damage to all enemies

Puppet LegionRank: 4
Summon a Minion. Respawn twice when defeated

Purify WardRank: 3
Remove all negative Wards

Third EyeRank: 3
-30% Damage and Stun 1 Rd to target if caster is stunned

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
actually pretty good! these ideas for in great with the aspects of the game!

Survivor
May 31, 2010
The fire ones are amazing,the ice ones are awesome,the storm ones are even better,and the rest is juat plain epic. But i have a real hard time figuring out which one i like best. Could you help me

Signed
The Extreme Pyromancer

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Historian
May 06, 2009
Ian Spellstaff on Sep 10, 2013 wrote:
The fire ones are amazing,the ice ones are awesome,the storm ones are even better,and the rest is juat plain epic. But i have a real hard time figuring out which one i like best. Could you help me

Signed
The Extreme Pyromancer
Lol, I don't think I can help you out anymore than you have yourself. But I've very happy to here that you like them all

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
I like these ideas! One of the only spell ideas that actually work! I love your ideas!

Survivor
Jul 30, 2011
Scorch Rank: 6
330Damage over 3 Rounds x3 (Puts 3 seperate DoT's on 1 enemy worth 330 Damage each)

Very nice a legitimate dot over time that is still powerful, triage will still sort of weaken it but isn't an instant solution.

This spell is very op in allowing you time to do something for one round in addition to the ability to easily chain stun. a change to 2 rounds would likely be a good solution in addition to changing it to 2 pips.

Should be changed to 3 pips if you are going to gain 3 -55% wards and gain pips from getting hit.

1125 to target or 10000 Damage to Self (original version of Healing Current now upgraded like Insane Bolt)

Very interesting spell that would require good skill in pvp or pve to use correctly.

This spell is overpowered in the sense that it does not allow you to shield, wich means the only defenses against it would be fortify, weakness, triage and universal resist. not only that but it's a pretty well powered dot
and could be used very easily to ohko an opponent, should be no pvp if implemented.

Not sure what the thought was that went into this one. Has 65% accuracy (higher than supernova) does 600 damage plus heals half to caster plus it steals their aura? makes power nova seem like a joke

Overgrowth

This spell is overpowered. It does more damage than forest lord & deer knight a similar spell and costs less pips and it a dot not exactly life's specialty. Change to 100+400 would be fair.

Defender
Jul 02, 2009
I really do like these ideas. I like how some of them are quite similar to older sells, but still unique and new at the same time. I'm guessing terminate would be no pvp? Not my choice though. The myth spell ideas were very epic! Gambit minion and sacrifice pawn seem very unique ideas I have never even considered before. Gives new purpose to living puppet, huh?

Historian
May 06, 2009
bran4971 on Sep 10, 2013 wrote:
Scorch Rank: 6

Very nice a legitimate dot over time that is still powerful, triage will still sort of weaken it but isn't an instant solution.

This spell is very op in allowing you time to do something for one round in addition to the ability to easily chain stun. a change to 2 rounds would likely be a good solution in addition to changing it to 2 pips.

Should be changed to 3 pips if you are going to gain 3 -55% wards and gain pips from getting hit.

Very interesting spell that would require good skill in pvp or pve to use correctly.

This spell is overpowered in the sense that it does not allow you to shield, wich means the only defenses against it would be fortify, weakness, triage and universal resist. not only that but it's a pretty well powered dot
and could be used very easily to ohko an opponent, should be no pvp if implemented.

Not sure what the thought was that went into this one. Has 65% accuracy (higher than supernova) does 600 damage plus heals half to caster plus it steals their aura? makes power nova seem like a joke

Overgrowth

This spell is overpowered. It does more damage than forest lord & deer knight a similar spell and costs less pips and it a dot not exactly life's specialty. Change to 100+400 would be fair.
Thanks for the feedback! I'll wait for more before making any additional changes, but my little 'updates' may come up soon. Again thanks!

-Stalemate was original designed to stun the enemy for 3 runs, but what happens is that you stun yourself and the enemy in the same round so I was thinking in my head "Hey, I want this stun to last 3 Rds after you get stunned, not right when you are stunned and now it's only really 2 rds of stunning." This is only in affect if you're the first one going. I'll probably knock it down to 3 rounds. Do not forget that it has a lower cast rate so the chances of it working are slimmer.

-Glacial Fortress, you miss read the discription (a problem on my part). Glacial Fortress places 3 -55% Wards when first cast. If at anytime within 3 rds since cast as ward is broken from in incoming damage spell, you will gain a new -55% ward. Again that entire effect only lasts 3 rds. Afterwards, no new shields will be added from incoming spells. It does not give you pips. I think I'll rewrite that spell so players better understand it.

-Black Hole is a new form of Supernova for Death as a star has a chance of becoming either a Black Hole or a nuetral star after it supernova (how it go it's name). Since Death and Balance have the same base accuracy, I'll probably knock it down to 60%. When the spell is cast, like Supernova, 600 damage is dealt to the enemy but will steal 300 back to caster as I wanted to incorporate Death's steals. Why 600? Death currently has no steal spells for 600. Stealing an aura is just a new concept I wanted to cram into without making a completely different spell. I'll probably keep it that way. Because this spell is situational in that an Aura must be on the enemy, it may not get as much as you think. If you already have an Aura on, the stolen aura will replace your current one and it will only go on for the Rds it has left.

-I really wanted to give Balance a power DoT as they do not currently have one. The dinamic of no shielding made the spell more effective in damage since balance is known for it's nefarious utility spells. DoT's are allowed to deal more damage for fewer pips as it's spread out more rounds. I may change it remove some other side effect, but I'll wait for just a little more feedback.

- Overgrowth is like a Life Scald. They have few DoT's and few all hit spells. It's a perfect way to combine the 2. Again, DoT's can deal more damage for fewer pips as the damage is spread out over rounds. Deer Knight is a Rank 5 spell, while Overgrowth is 6. Forest Lord does damage instantly where Overgrowth does it over ground. I will not bring it down to 100+400 damage for 6 pips as I feel that's giving Life another set back. I'll continue to rework the spell, maybe drop it to a 600/565 total instead of the current 700, but I wont go as low as 500 to all enemies over 3 rounds for 6 pips for Life.

Thanks again for the feedback!

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
i don't like terminate and how it is death if something like this added why would it be added to the school of draining? people really are trying to mess up by giving other schools super op damage 10 accuracy that screams storm if anyone can tell me wt storm got that replaces damage (healing current doesn't count its not the most used storm spell in game people calm down about that death has sacrifice fire has link and do not see complaints about those thats no excuse for death having defeat an enemy with low accuracy thats pretty much an improvement of any storm spell thats damaging) this could >potentially< ruin storm

Defender
Oct 15, 2009
I dont know what school this would fall under, how many pips it should take, or even what to call it. I think it would be a balance spell. It diesnt matter because Im sure it would become one of those spells everyone would have in the deck.

Perhaps make it a universal spell, but make it so expensive (gold, not crowns) that it take alot of work to buy.
What is the spell? If you are going second-you cast it and guess what, not only do you get another turn. (Almost like stunning the other side), but you are now going first.

The other is definately a Myth spell. Or the morphing school- Magic Mirror. You become a duplicate (excluding pet) of your target for 6 rounds. Image having to fight yourself.

Explorer
Jun 08, 2012
Cunning Finnigan S... on Sep 9, 2013 wrote:
35 Utility Spell ideas. 5 for each school! Hope you enjoy!
Fire

+10% Pierce Per Pip

BackfireRank: 2
-45% Accuracy x3 to enemy or dispel nextspell to Self

ScorchRank: 6

Swipe CharmRank: 3
Steal 1 positive Charm from all enemies

Charm ThiefRank: 2

Ice

Swipe WardRank: 4

Ward ThiefRank: 3

PermafrostRank: 2

Storm

WhirlpoolRank: 6
Replace all enemies' hanging effects to new targets

Purify CharmRank: 3
Remove all negative charms

Berserk BoltRank: 3
455 Damage and 50% chance to hit random enemies repeatedly

Balance

Sand PitRank: 6
Trade all negative hanging effects with enemy's positives

Celestial MinionRank: 6
Summon a Minion of or(level 75 Minions)

Quick SandRank: 4
Remove all negative charms & wards to team for 3 Rds.

JinxRank: 2
+30%Damage to Target; +25%Damage Charm & -80% incomingDamage to Self

Death

Ultimate SacrificeRank: 4
-Take 350Damage. Give 850, +25% Damage & 3 Pips

ShroudedRank: 2
-Remain hidden to all AoE's until directly attacked

RuseRank: 3
+75% Damage to all enemies and +45% Damage to Self

Life

HamadryadRank: X
225, +10%, +5% Damage per Pip. Absorb 300 Damage

Kindred Spirit
+10%, Accuracy & Damage per Pip

Healer's Haze
Target is dealt damage equal to caster's next heal

Inner ConfidenceRank: 0
+25% to next Incoming

Overgrowth

Myth

Sacrifice PawnRank: 4
Sacrifice Minion for 440Damage to target

Gambit MinionRank: 7
Sacrifice Minion for 675Damage to all enemies

Puppet LegionRank: 4
Summon a Minion. Respawn twice when defeated

Purify WardRank: 3
Remove all negative Wards

Third EyeRank: 3
-30% Damage and Stun 1 Rd to target if caster is stunned
I stopped reading after the storm, most of them are under piped. Like steal all positive Charms for ONLY a power pip. Storm has to use 3 pips JUST to remove them. So if you're stealing them, it'll cost more like 5 or 6 pips. Just like myth uses 0 pips to remove a shield, but ice has to use 2 pips to steal it, it always costs more to steal then to remove.More for PvP.

+10% Pierce Per Pip, really!? That's +20 damage! Storm's is only 10 damage per pip! If you're wondering why is it 20 damage per pip, let me explain. First it has to do with resist, if someone has 50% resist and you have 100% damage it'll even out. If you have 50% resist and 50% pierce it'll even out. So as you can see it take double the damage to even out, when it only takes the same amount of pierce to even out. But all in all I think it'll be a great spell but for less piercing per pip, maybe 6 or 7 at the most, but nothing below 5, that will make it even with supercharge. But then again it'll be more useful for ice, most people hardly even have any resist any more due to hades gear. Good for PvP not really for PvE unless for cheating bosses with shields.

Backfire is okay, but luck is more of storms thing, good or bad. And it'll have to be like 50 to 65% chance of working on them, because if it's like insane they would use it every 3 rounds to make sure they also have a -45 accuracy, pretty good. More for PvP.

Scorch needs to be like 7 or 8. It's like a small ROF but to one person. It does 990 damage and has 3 DOTs, so it'll be impossible to remove all 3 DOTs, unless it's 2v2 or higher. ROF does do more for one or 2 more pips, if they put it at 8 or 7, but you can remove ROF that round or the next and take half of it's damage away or 75% or it. I love this one though, I would love to have it on my fire. Good for PvE and PvP.

Steal all positive shields! I also thought that this would be a cool one to add, I would love to troll people in PvP, or bosses that like to spam shields. But the pips will have to go up. Myth can remove them all for 3, so make it 5 or 6 just like the steal all positive charms.Great for both PvP and PvE.

Permafrost the pips need to be more or they could just use it whenever, which would give ice a huge advantage for PvP and makes stuff a lot easier in PvE. So maybe 4 or 5 pips. But their should be something that can remove them.

And for the storm spells, I hated every one that had chance. Storm was my first character and I hated insane ever sense I seen it, most storms do. All I use insane for is in PvP if I'm about dead or am gonna die that round(3 in my deck). So please stop with stuff that makes us die or a chance or something for something different. Storm was my favorite school but it will change if they add more chance stuff. When i use a spell i want it to do one thing that is useful not something that might kill me or something else bad. Storm was a school of damage, not CHANCE, the fire spells are better at damage. Sorry for any grammar mistakes.

Explorer
Jun 08, 2012
critical blizzard on Sep 13, 2013 wrote:
i don't like terminate and how it is death if something like this added why would it be added to the school of draining? people really are trying to mess up by giving other schools super op damage 10 accuracy that screams storm if anyone can tell me wt storm got that replaces damage (healing current doesn't count its not the most used storm spell in game people calm down about that death has sacrifice fire has link and do not see complaints about those thats no excuse for death having defeat an enemy with low accuracy thats pretty much an improvement of any storm spell thats damaging) this could >potentially< ruin storm
Yeah, I agree. And the spells are insane(not as in a good way), storm was made for damage not chance or anything different. Not one of their spells did more than fires, or even balance which is pretty bad. And that healing or death is pretty horrible I can satyr for the same pips and get about the same health, and I won't have the worry about death. I'm hardly on my storm already, this would make me wanna never get on him for again(Just for farming). I have 1 storm, 1 myth, 3 lifes, 3 balance, 1 death, 1 ice, 1 fire(2 accounts).

Historian
May 06, 2009
The idea behind Terminate came from concept used in Grub Guardian. The Death towers have a chance at removing an enemy that runs past them. I liked the idea so much, I wanted to design an actual spell for Death. Death is about the end and closure if you actually read the school discription on the website. Terminate does not deal damage in really any senses. It ensures a complete defeat of the enemy, as in removing them from the playing field. I may instead change terminate into a very powerful buff as death specializes in buffs as a side power with Drains since anything like this is "for Storm" or "Storm-Only"

I am not trying to ruin Storm and the thing is I hate how Players jump to this conclusion. THAT WILL RUIN THIS!!!! THAT WILL RUIN THAT!!! Like are you serious? I was merely trying to find a different concept for Storm to use. I'm not trying to completely reinvent the school with a few spells. Honestly. And I'm not holding a club to anyone's head to use these spells. Simply ideas. But obviously, all Storm wants is more damage and more damage. Fine if that's what you want, that's what you'll get.

I'm preparing an update to change some of the spells dynamics to be more set and less random.

Historian
May 06, 2009
Shayden181 on Sep 13, 2013 wrote:
I stopped reading after the storm, most of them are under piped. Like steal all positive Charms for ONLY a power pip. Storm has to use 3 pips JUST to remove them. So if you're stealing them, it'll cost more like 5 or 6 pips. Just like myth uses 0 pips to remove a shield, but ice has to use 2 pips to steal it, it always costs more to steal then to remove.More for PvP.

+10% Pierce Per Pip, really!? That's +20 damage! Storm's is only 10 damage per pip! If you're wondering why is it 20 damage per pip, let me explain. First it has to do with resist, if someone has 50% resist and you have 100% damage it'll even out. If you have 50% resist and 50% pierce it'll even out. So as you can see it take double the damage to even out, when it only takes the same amount of pierce to even out. But all in all I think it'll be a great spell but for less piercing per pip, maybe 6 or 7 at the most, but nothing below 5, that will make it even with supercharge. But then again it'll be more useful for ice, most people hardly even have any resist any more due to hades gear. Good for PvP not really for PvE unless for cheating bosses with shields.

Backfire is okay, but luck is more of storms thing, good or bad. And it'll have to be like 50 to 65% chance of working on them, because if it's like insane they would use it every 3 rounds to make sure they also have a -45 accuracy, pretty good. More for PvP.

Scorch needs to be like 7 or 8. It's like a small ROF but to one person. It does 990 damage and has 3 DOTs, so it'll be impossible to remove all 3 DOTs, unless it's 2v2 or higher. ROF does do more for one or 2 more pips, if they put it at 8 or 7, but you can remove ROF that round or the next and take half of it's damage away or 75% or it. I love this one though, I would love to have it on my fire. Good for PvE and PvP.

Steal all positive shields! I also thought that this would be a cool one to add, I would love to troll people in PvP, or bosses that like to spam shields. But the pips will have to go up. Myth can remove them all for 3, so make it 5 or 6 just like the steal all positive charms.Great for both PvP and PvE.

Permafrost the pips need to be more or they could just use it whenever, which would give ice a huge advantage for PvP and makes stuff a lot easier in PvE. So maybe 4 or 5 pips. But their should be something that can remove them.

And for the storm spells, I hated every one that had chance. Storm was my first character and I hated insane ever sense I seen it, most storms do. All I use insane for is in PvP if I'm about dead or am gonna die that round(3 in my deck). So please stop with stuff that makes us die or a chance or something for something different. Storm was my favorite school but it will change if they add more chance stuff. When i use a spell i want it to do one thing that is useful not something that might kill me or something else bad. Storm was a school of damage, not CHANCE, the fire spells are better at damage. Sorry for any grammar mistakes.
Thanks for the feedback, I will be reworking all spells Pip Chance that have been mentioned. I am a little disappointment you completed disregarded all spells after Storm. That limits what I might need to change about the other schools. I think I had good concepts after that, but I'll assume we have lots of strong-willed Storm players.

I'll rework SureFire. Scorch will have a Pip increase.

Permafrost keeps a hanging effect from being removed by outside forces until they have completed their "mission." So say an Ice Wizard is fighting a Storm Wizard. The Ice wizard casts Iceblade. Storm is known for removing Charms. In this instance, Permafrost is meant to keep the Iceblade up until the next Ice damage spell is cast. The Charms will remain unremovable by Earthquake, Enfeeble, or Disarm.

Permafrost will only immune hanging effects casted before Permafrost casts. So here's an example:

Ice Casts: Tower Shield, Frozen Armor, Ice Blade, and Sprite. Then he/she casts Permafrost. All the hanging effects I mentioned will remain unremovable by Shatter, Steal Charm, Steal Ward, Pierce, Disarm, Enfeeble, or Earthquake until their effect is complete. Then Ice casts another Ice Blade. That Ice Blade will NOT be effected by Permafrost and thus can be removed by any spell that does such.

As for Storm, I'll admit that I had the hardest time coming up with their concepts. I wanted to break away from all the damage of Storm with only some spells to give them other options than KILL KILL KILL DIE DIE DIE. I'm not trying to change the entire idea of Storm. I assume you're refering to Nixie, Berserk Bolt, Reviving Current, and possibly Whirlpool (please be specific about the spells you have an issue with it. I'm not a Psychic Wizard).

Berserk Bolt plays a concept from Pirate101 called Chain Lighting. Chain Lighting will hit one enemy then bounce off of multiple enemies at random. It was well liked in Pirate101 so I thought it would be a fun concept to try in Wizard101.

Reviving Current was playing off the original design of Healing Current. Well, I see why it was changed. I'll most likely (and heistantly mind you), be dropping this spell.

Nixie includes a damage increase for Storm within a Heal or attacks a target your preset with an Accuracy debuff. In mythology, the Nixie can either aid you and teach you how to play music or drown you under the water. That's what the spell plays off of, the mythology of the Nixie.

Whirlpool only effect your enemies, not you or your team. It replaces all their hanging effects to a new Target. So they could potentially power up for a massive hit only for Storm to cast this and place all their buffs and defenses on a new person. That's the major concept.

From the sound of it, Storm would prefer to stay in the guidlines of more and more damage, I'll change the spells as such. Reviving Current is going to be dropped. Nixie is going to get an overall change. Berserk Bolt and Whirlpool will stay, but may change slightly.

Historian
May 06, 2009
So after some feedback, I'm making changes to the following spells of the ,,,,, and schools.

Fire

+5% Accuracy & Armor Pierce Per Pip (was 10%, now gives Accuracy. Works for anyone)

ScorchRank: 7 (was 6 Pips)
330Damage over 3 Rounds x3

Charm ThiefRank: 5 (was 2 Pips)

Ice

Swipe WardRank: 5 (was 4 Pips)

Ward ThiefRank: 6 (was 3 Pips)

Stun self for 1 Round to stun target for 3 Rds. (was 4 Rds)

PermafrostRank: 5 (was 2 Pips)

Glacial FortressRank: 5 (was 2 Pips)
-55% Damage Ward x3. Gain 1 Ward from inc. Damage spells within 3 Rds.

Storm

1125 to target or 10000 Damage to Self
-Reviving Current is being dropped for the following spell:

Powercharge
+15% Damage & +5% Armor Pierce per Pip to next spell (unlike Supercharge and similar to Frozen Armor, you may use this on anyone)

Berserk BoltRank: 4 (was 3 Pips)
500 Damage to Target. May hit random enemies (was 455 Damage; Discription made easier)

-Nixie is getting a make over:

NixieRank: 5 (was 3)
345Damage. -30% Accuracy. +30% Charm & Ward Damage to next and all Storm spells (used to Heal. Nixie now places a Blade on you, a Trap on the enemy, and creates an enhanced Darkwind.)

Balance

-Pandora's Box effect is being completely changed:

Pandora's BoxRank: 6 (was 5)
200+315 Damage over 3 Rds. Lose 2 Pip. -30% to next Damage (complete make over)

Death

Acc.: 60% (was 65%)
Steal target aura. 560 Steal, swap half (used to steal 600)

-Terminate is being completely changed for the following:

Target is dealt damage equal to next Inc. Damage Spell. +35% Damage Charm

Life

Overgrowth
360+255Damage over 3 Rds to all enemies. +25% to next Life Damage spell (damage was lowered and a new damage charm buff side effect.)

I hope these changes improve the original effect of these spells for the better. Any other concerns I don't mind hearing. Just for future reference, please be respectful and constructive about your feedback. I'd also appreciate very specific issues with any spells. Again, I hope there changes improve the spells. Thanks for the feedback and See You In the Spiral

Defender
Jul 02, 2009
Seems like some people are hating on you, finnigan. I agree with you on the terminate idea. When I first read this post, i was like "hey, that reminds me of grub guardian!" It instantly kills the opponent, and seems like its perfect for a death spell. I don't want any HATERS, okay? Nobody hate on Cunning Finnigan's ideas. They're just ideas, it's not like he's demanding any of you guys to use this stuff. He just wants to express his creativity. And I like how some of this refers to mythology. Very cool.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Cunning Finnigan S... on Sep 13, 2013 wrote:
The idea behind Terminate came from concept used in Grub Guardian. The Death towers have a chance at removing an enemy that runs past them. I liked the idea so much, I wanted to design an actual spell for Death. Death is about the end and closure if you actually read the school discription on the website. Terminate does not deal damage in really any senses. It ensures a complete defeat of the enemy, as in removing them from the playing field. I may instead change terminate into a very powerful buff as death specializes in buffs as a side power with Drains since anything like this is "for Storm" or "Storm-Only"

I am not trying to ruin Storm and the thing is I hate how Players jump to this conclusion. THAT WILL RUIN THIS!!!! THAT WILL RUIN THAT!!! Like are you serious? I was merely trying to find a different concept for Storm to use. I'm not trying to completely reinvent the school with a few spells. Honestly. And I'm not holding a club to anyone's head to use these spells. Simply ideas. But obviously, all Storm wants is more damage and more damage. Fine if that's what you want, that's what you'll get.

I'm preparing an update to change some of the spells dynamics to be more set and less random.
Unfortunately, that's how people feel. Storm mages feel that if you give another school a really strong spell, you're negating storm all together. It's a ridiculous claim, but more so, instead of saying "this will ruin storm", how about offering solutions on how to balance the ideas instead of complaining about your favorite school? This board is becoming nothing more than a "Storm should rule the world and the heck with everybody else" place. Storm is a school, which does massive damage, but it certainly is NOT the only one to do so. Just because another school gets a powerful spell does NOT negate Storm, and if you (the ones claiming all suggested spells will forever damage storm) feel that way, then, well, that's your opinion and I very much disagree with it. personally, I think storm has been quite spoiled by their spells. I'm not saying they're overpowered one bit (if that's what you think, then you clearly are not understanding my words), but what I'm saying is they have extremely strong spells, with lots of side effects.

Bottom line is this: all schools have a right to get strong spells, and just because it's not a spell for storm doesn't mean it shouldnt be done. Stop being greedy folks. I'll tell you what, for all those who want storm to be the god school, here's a new spell for you:

Armageddon
0 pips
kills everybody in the game, including player characters and removes them from the database completely
secondary effects: gives you 4 million of all reagents, 10 billion gold, allows you to create your own gear, and full ownership in Kingsisle.

There, you guys happy now? *sigh* I'm just so sick of hearing about storm and how it's the only important school and so it should have only the strongest spells ever and that nobody else can have a strong spell.

Explorer
Jun 08, 2012
Cunning Finnigan S... on Sep 13, 2013 wrote:
Thanks for the feedback, I will be reworking all spells Pip Chance that have been mentioned. I am a little disappointment you completed disregarded all spells after Storm. That limits what I might need to change about the other schools. I think I had good concepts after that, but I'll assume we have lots of strong-willed Storm players.

I'll rework SureFire. Scorch will have a Pip increase.

Permafrost keeps a hanging effect from being removed by outside forces until they have completed their "mission." So say an Ice Wizard is fighting a Storm Wizard. The Ice wizard casts Iceblade. Storm is known for removing Charms. In this instance, Permafrost is meant to keep the Iceblade up until the next Ice damage spell is cast. The Charms will remain unremovable by Earthquake, Enfeeble, or Disarm.

Permafrost will only immune hanging effects casted before Permafrost casts. So here's an example:

Ice Casts: Tower Shield, Frozen Armor, Ice Blade, and Sprite. Then he/she casts Permafrost. All the hanging effects I mentioned will remain unremovable by Shatter, Steal Charm, Steal Ward, Pierce, Disarm, Enfeeble, or Earthquake until their effect is complete. Then Ice casts another Ice Blade. That Ice Blade will NOT be effected by Permafrost and thus can be removed by any spell that does such.

As for Storm, I'll admit that I had the hardest time coming up with their concepts. I wanted to break away from all the damage of Storm with only some spells to give them other options than KILL KILL KILL DIE DIE DIE. I'm not trying to change the entire idea of Storm. I assume you're refering to Nixie, Berserk Bolt, Reviving Current, and possibly Whirlpool (please be specific about the spells you have an issue with it. I'm not a Psychic Wizard).

Berserk Bolt plays a concept from Pirate101 called Chain Lighting. Chain Lighting will hit one enemy then bounce off of multiple enemies at random. It was well liked in Pirate101 so I thought it would be a fun concept to try in Wizard101.

Reviving Current was playing off the original design of Healing Current. Well, I see why it was changed. I'll most likely (and heistantly mind you), be dropping this spell.

Nixie includes a damage increase for Storm within a Heal or attacks a target your preset with an Accuracy debuff. In mythology, the Nixie can either aid you and teach you how to play music or drown you under the water. That's what the spell plays off of, the mythology of the Nixie.

Whirlpool only effect your enemies, not you or your team. It replaces all their hanging effects to a new Target. So they could potentially power up for a massive hit only for Storm to cast this and place all their buffs and defenses on a new person. That's the major concept.

From the sound of it, Storm would prefer to stay in the guidlines of more and more damage, I'll change the spells as such. Reviving Current is going to be dropped. Nixie is going to get an overall change. Berserk Bolt and Whirlpool will stay, but may change slightly.
Yeah I'm sorry about not telling you about the spells in storm, I only had 4 characters left to type. But you did get them right. I love the ideas though. Just remove one or two and add a couple damage spells.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
dayerider on Sep 14, 2013 wrote:
Unfortunately, that's how people feel. Storm mages feel that if you give another school a really strong spell, you're negating storm all together. It's a ridiculous claim, but more so, instead of saying "this will ruin storm", how about offering solutions on how to balance the ideas instead of complaining about your favorite school? This board is becoming nothing more than a "Storm should rule the world and the heck with everybody else" place. Storm is a school, which does massive damage, but it certainly is NOT the only one to do so. Just because another school gets a powerful spell does NOT negate Storm, and if you (the ones claiming all suggested spells will forever damage storm) feel that way, then, well, that's your opinion and I very much disagree with it. personally, I think storm has been quite spoiled by their spells. I'm not saying they're overpowered one bit (if that's what you think, then you clearly are not understanding my words), but what I'm saying is they have extremely strong spells, with lots of side effects.

Bottom line is this: all schools have a right to get strong spells, and just because it's not a spell for storm doesn't mean it shouldnt be done. Stop being greedy folks. I'll tell you what, for all those who want storm to be the god school, here's a new spell for you:

Armageddon
0 pips
kills everybody in the game, including player characters and removes them from the database completely
secondary effects: gives you 4 million of all reagents, 10 billion gold, allows you to create your own gear, and full ownership in Kingsisle.

There, you guys happy now? *sigh* I'm just so sick of hearing about storm and how it's the only important school and so it should have only the strongest spells ever and that nobody else can have a strong spell.
lol you know school is the school of damage other schools have powerful spells just its not right to give them better damage than storm death gets health drains not super high damage ice gets great defense not super high damage fire get damage over time (sometimes a little more then storm but have to wait over rounds so it evens out) life gets lot of heals not super high damage balance gets lots of blades if used right could be strong attack myth gets minions not super high damage storm our thing is plain out huge damage for low accuracy and i am sick of people trying to take it from us

Historian
May 06, 2009
critical blizzard on Sep 14, 2013 wrote:
lol you know school is the school of damage other schools have powerful spells just its not right to give them better damage than storm death gets health drains not super high damage ice gets great defense not super high damage fire get damage over time (sometimes a little more then storm but have to wait over rounds so it evens out) life gets lot of heals not super high damage balance gets lots of blades if used right could be strong attack myth gets minions not super high damage storm our thing is plain out huge damage for low accuracy and i am sick of people trying to take it from us
"...storm our thing is plain out huge damage for low accuracy and i am sick of people trying to take it from us"

Ok so by that logic...

-Storm needs to loose Healing Current, Death needs to let go of Sacrifice, Fire Link and Power Link and Balance Helping Hands and Availing Hands because it takes away Life's healing power
-Life needs to loose Spirit Armor and change Rebirth's side effect, because Ice should only have absorbs
-Every school should not have a DoT as Fire is the only deserving
-Balance needs to throw away Spectral Minion as Myth should not have any competition in Minions
-Why should Storm and Fire get so many power ups if Death and Balance handle that power? Bye-Bye!
See how crazy this sounds?

Every school can do pretty much anything another can. Every school has a buff. Every school has a Minion. Most schools can heal and have a DoT spell. But only 1 school can show a massive amount of prominence in it. But that does not mean another school can not do what another is strong in.

For example, Fire is trained from the start to use DoT's. Every school pretty much has some form of one. However no school will have the power or as many as Fire has. Storm, Fire, Death, and Balance all have a healing spell. Yet, Life will always retain the most, and have group heals. Every school has 2 (Balance 3) Minions, yet it will always be Myth with the most Minions and Minion Utility spells. I don't understand how it is these schools can specialize in their powers and tolerate other schools with some form of their ability, yet the second a school has a powerful spell with low or lower accuracy, Storm is flipping mountains and raising armies.

No one will ever have the power or amount of damage spells Storm has, but it's not fair how every other school is sacrificing their attributes to use in another school's arsenal and Storm remains untouched. If that's the case, then, no one deserves anyting the other school has and that limits a Wizards flexibility.

As I already said, Terminate was based off of the Death Towers ability in Grub Guardian. They deal extremely little damage, but have a chance to remove 1 enemy (check for yourself). I wanted to bring that into the actual game for Death. It may have been my wording and your misunderstanding, but the spell does not deal damage. Think of it like Pierce. While Pierce removes a Ward, Terminate would have removed 1 enemy, forcing a flee or defeat. But because it was in the hands of Death and ensures a defeat on an enemy, there was no way I could give it high Accuracy or a low rank.

As a Death Wizard myself, I could care less about making Death a powerhouse. We're already strong and unique as we are. When I make spells, I don't try to make these ridiculously overpowered spells. I try to make them balanced and actually function well in the game. If I wanted to make Death a mini-Storm, I would have said so, but I didn't. If anything, I would think someone would have said something about Healer's Haze.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
critical blizzard on Sep 14, 2013 wrote:
Not right to give them better damage if you're talking the same type of spell given at the same time. In the case of X-pip spells, Storm gets its X-pip at L28, while Life gets it at 38. Life's spell SHOULD be stronger because it has to wait more levels to get it. So let's compare like spells given at like times:

L28: Storm: Tempest - 80/pip to all
L28: Balance: Judgement - 100/pip to one

By saying that none should be stronger than storm, one could argue that your statement is already invalid because Balance does more damage per pip to a single enemy, and if storm has to have the best spell, then Judgement needs to be nerfed. Im NOT saying that's what should happen, I'm saying that it's ridiculous to assume that storm should always have the best of every type of spell since all spells are given at different levels (meaning, Xpip spells, AoE spells, DoT spells are not always given at the same level).

So, should all the schools use completely different experience point tables since they all do damage differently and can end battles at different speeds? According to what you're saying, yes, and storm should have the hardest XP table since it does the BEST damage and can end battles the fastest

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
dayerider on Sep 16, 2013 wrote:
Not right to give them better damage if you're talking the same type of spell given at the same time. In the case of X-pip spells, Storm gets its X-pip at L28, while Life gets it at 38. Life's spell SHOULD be stronger because it has to wait more levels to get it. So let's compare like spells given at like times:

L28: Storm: Tempest - 80/pip to all
L28: Balance: Judgement - 100/pip to one

By saying that none should be stronger than storm, one could argue that your statement is already invalid because Balance does more damage per pip to a single enemy, and if storm has to have the best spell, then Judgement needs to be nerfed. Im NOT saying that's what should happen, I'm saying that it's ridiculous to assume that storm should always have the best of every type of spell since all spells are given at different levels (meaning, Xpip spells, AoE spells, DoT spells are not always given at the same level).

So, should all the schools use completely different experience point tables since they all do damage differently and can end battles at different speeds? According to what you're saying, yes, and storm should have the hardest XP table since it does the BEST damage and can end battles the fastest
dayerider i am really sick of you i am not saying storm is suppose to be the best wt your not getting is other schools have small heals then life btw fire does not have healing i description and every other school has had ok damage for a long time just like healing current is ok heal centaur dear knight mammoth they are all good damage the other schools already have good damage your not getting it storm already has shared part of their talent and you're trying to take the whole thing the only school that hasn't shared any of their talent is death i am done responding to you dayerider you just don't give up on tearing on storm+

Survivor
Jul 30, 2011
Shayden181 on Sep 13, 2013 wrote:
Yeah, I agree. And the spells are insane(not as in a good way), storm was made for damage not chance or anything different. Not one of their spells did more than fires, or even balance which is pretty bad. And that healing or death is pretty horrible I can satyr for the same pips and get about the same health, and I won't have the worry about death. I'm hardly on my storm already, this would make me wanna never get on him for again(Just for farming). I have 1 storm, 1 myth, 3 lifes, 3 balance, 1 death, 1 ice, 1 fire(2 accounts).
In 2v2+ yes fire does do more damage than storm if they have about the same gear damage as storm. But keep in mind that a RoF or Fire Dragon is much slower to do its full damage than storm lord or sirens do and they don't come with an effect. As for in 1v1 or one hit all storms 1v1 spells are stronger than fire's some way too much so to the point where if you want to do massive damage storm is the only way to go. Ex. storm owl with colossal 1800-1900 damage, Sun serpent only does 1576 at its best and 1476 at its worst making storm owl a WAY better deal. Don't even get me started on Spinysaur wich does 1626 damage EVERY TIME.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
critical blizzard on Sep 16, 2013 wrote:
dayerider i am really sick of you i am not saying storm is suppose to be the best wt your not getting is other schools have small heals then life btw fire does not have healing i description and every other school has had ok damage for a long time just like healing current is ok heal centaur dear knight mammoth they are all good damage the other schools already have good damage your not getting it storm already has shared part of their talent and you're trying to take the whole thing the only school that hasn't shared any of their talent is death i am done responding to you dayerider you just don't give up on tearing on storm+
You certainly don't have to respond to this post critical, that's fine, nobody is forcing you to, but I feel I must touch on some points of your post.

first of all, I am not tearing on storm. That's something you and other people need to get through your collective heads. We're discussing spells and how they affect a game. OTHER people bring storm into it and then we go down that path of talking about this spell vs that spell. I'm sorry you feel Im tearing down what is clearly a favored school of yours, because I'm not.

Second of all, fire has two healing spells; Link and Powerlink

What talent has storm shared? Doing damage to an enemy? Doing damage to all enemies? I don't even begin to understand your point here. You make it seem like schools are being greedy with their abilities, except storm, who has shared every secret it has. I don't even know where you can say this. MANY things have been shared between schools. Universal blades/traps, healing, HoT, DoT, etc.