Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is Mount Olympus too hard?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 10, 2013
When i leveled up to level 30, i got a quest from cyrus drake to go to aquila. so, obviousdly i wanted to check it out. I got there, and stepped on the sigil for mount olympus. No one would help me, so i just went by myself. But the first boss i battled there had over 4000 health!! I mean, for a wizard who just defeated malistaire, no problemo, right? But for level 30 wizards, you'll probably be dead in no time flat. Now i dont know if i was supposed to bring friends or something, but did anyone have this same problem?

Survivor
Jul 14, 2012
You might want to bring a friend of two, specifically so they can heal u, or you can just try on your own. The dungeon was specifically for your range of skills and is difficult so you learn how to do it, but dungeons In general are easier with help from friends. But do whatever u want!! Just have fun.

Autumn Waterheart//Rejected Cherry

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
It's not meant for soloing at level 30, it's designed to be challenging for groups of level 30's working together.

If you could solo it at level 30 without issues, most groups going in would find it too easy.

Survivor
Aug 12, 2010
CamelTamer on Aug 26, 2013 wrote:
When i leveled up to level 30, i got a quest from cyrus drake to go to aquila. so, obviousdly i wanted to check it out. I got there, and stepped on the sigil for mount olympus. No one would help me, so i just went by myself. But the first boss i battled there had over 4000 health!! I mean, for a wizard who just defeated malistaire, no problemo, right? But for level 30 wizards, you'll probably be dead in no time flat. Now i dont know if i was supposed to bring friends or something, but did anyone have this same problem?
That dungeon was made for lvl 30 GROUP not lvl 30 solo.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2010
i'm a level 42wizard yes mount olympus is hard but it is made to challenge your wizard definitely the boss you should either bring a life wizard or get alot of rebirth tresure cards and make a designated wizard
to heal

Survivor
Dec 22, 2010
there is also a collectable banner there not sure if there's more than one but i got apollo's banner

Defender
Dec 27, 2011
There was always someone to help me. I guess it is level 30 minimum because so much people run the dungeon.

Antonio, Level 50 Grandmaster Pyromancer

Survivor
Jun 10, 2011
I went with one of my best friends (She's 33 Fire, I'm 30 Storm at the time) and we couldn't defeat the Cyclops'. I think it would suit Level 50 Wizards, not Level 30 Wizards. Would help if I knew a Life Wizard who wasn't a safe chatter that could heal us. I wish I would have chose Life as my secondary school instead of Death. It might help because she is now Level 41, but for all the young Ravenwood Students out there, if you aren't Life, PLEASE take Life as your Secondary School. It will really, really help you a lot in the future, just trust me. Back on topic, we could defeat Apollo Bright One and that Moon School girl (I forgot her name) just fine, but we totally gave up on the Cyclops'. I may have to just contact "The King" (AKA Blaze Lifehammer) so he can help us out...

Richard AshWeaver Level 31 Wizard

Survivor
Dec 22, 2010
i can see why it is hard but to defeat the cyclopses you should you all hit attacks of strong single pip attacks but remember to heal when your life is low you should use AOE attacks on the bosses

Survivor
Mar 13, 2011
i am a lvl 50 wizard and even I cant defeat this dungeon by myself. I did bring two friends another lvl 50 and one 41 and still died... again. I think this dungeon is too hard for people ESPECIALLY for lvl 30 wizards for which this was intended for. I think that this defiantly requires a change. this is TOO hard if you ask me. if you are reading this and you got past this dungeon, you are a REALLY GOOD wizard.

Survivor
Apr 17, 2011
I went in the dungeon and it was fairly easy, if you're above lvl 40 it shouldn't be hard. I understand though. The best thing to do is use spells that attack all. GO

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
I'm a level 41 and I'm about to do it right now, shouldn't be to hard because I beat the Jade Oni already.

Survivor
Dec 02, 2011
i got through mount olympus using otherwise do it with a friend k? Antonio fire mender lvl 44

p.s cant wait for antlea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Survivor
May 10, 2010
Im level 38 balance, and I've only been able to defeat the first two bosses WITH help.

Survivor
Aug 06, 2012
My first time through Mount Olympus was far past 30, but here's how I look at it:
Remember Kensington Park (pre-nerf)? That dungeon was also designed for ~Level 30 characters. With 3-on-1 fights against Storm foes with ~2,000 health, it was definitely built for a full team of Level 30s. I look at Mount Olympus the same way. It's sort of a "New Kensington Park", a more significant challenge than the base game presents.

Survivor
Jun 24, 2013
i beat it with one of my friends she is a level 72 she was really nice and i am glad i have a friend like that

Survivor
Nov 04, 2012
if you are going to solo it you should be at least a lvl 55 60

aaron emrald sword lvl.52

Survivor
Nov 12, 2012
CamelTamer on Aug 26, 2013 wrote:
I certainly had the same problem except my quest with aquila started at level 10 or 15...i think anyway i explored saw the 2 headed dragon and went to my first immortal game battle. Why would'nt they send another wizard to help you. I mean seriously ambrose has legs,he's powerful why can't he help or what about teachers because trust me on this one minions won't cut it.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2010
marleytouchdown on Aug 29, 2013 wrote:
i am a lvl 50 wizard and even I cant defeat this dungeon by myself. I did bring two friends another lvl 50 and one 41 and still died... again. I think this dungeon is too hard for people ESPECIALLY for lvl 30 wizards for which this was intended for. I think that this defiantly requires a change. this is TOO hard if you ask me. if you are reading this and you got past this dungeon, you are a REALLY GOOD wizard.
i am only level 49 and i have soloed the dungeon its not that hard but i did have a critical rating

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
I think it's a bit too hard, as a lvl 45 Sorcerer I only just managed to do it, & that's with a lvl 90 Theurgist helping me. Maybe if KI made Ares cheat less, then I might have done it alone.

Blaze SandBlade lvl 46 sorcerer.

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
It's very hard and i went in with other people everytime I tried it and I'm pretty good at strategizing with the cards i have but no amount of skill can make up for low health I was so excited to go to a new world only to realize I can't complete the first quest is said world so yes it is kinda hard

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
Never mind I've beat it twice and plan on farming

Survivor
Feb 21, 2013
it is hard solo but you can live through it I have done it solo an I am a level:48wizard but it is best to bring a wizard with you.my wizard name is johnspellbreaker

Survivor
Aug 26, 2011
Mount Olympus was skillfully created to help lvl 30 wizards learn battle strategy and skill and not make it easy to get in and get out, like other lvl 30-40 dungeons. My suggestion would be to try to bring friends and take your time. It makes nothing better to rush through this dungeon. If yolu don't have enough time to do it, then wait until you do. Olympus takes time, effort, and a brain.

Survivor
May 21, 2011
Friends :) I had the same problem when I thought I could solo it, then I got some friends together and we beat it. Don't worry, you'll have plenty of time to farm.