Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Question

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 03, 2013
My membership expires soon and I wanted to know if I still keep the worlds I entered in on my account when my membership expires. I pay hundreds and hundreds a month for this game and if I lose them it would have been a waste.
Would I be safe to say that membership is pay by crown when entering a world? Example: Zafaria.
I feel everyone knows this but me, just want to make sure. Thanks.

Kane DeathBringer, Level 90 Death
Jason Stardust Level 21 Life
Kane ThunderBringer Level 11 Storm

Administrator
If you are logged off in a Member area, and your Membership expires, you will be returned to Ravenwood Commons and you can continue to play in the Free to Play areas of Wizard101.

Membership allows you to rent the zones while your Membership is active.
Crowns allow you to purchase the zones permanently.

If you wish to access the zones beyond Triton Avenue after your Membership expires, you can purchase those individual zones with Crowns.

community@wizard101.com
Defender
Jan 03, 2013
Professor Greyrose on Aug 23, 2013 wrote:
If you are logged off in a Member area, and your Membership expires, you will be returned to Ravenwood Commons and you can continue to play in the Free to Play areas of Wizard101.

Membership allows you to rent the zones while your Membership is active.
Crowns allow you to purchase the zones permanently.

If you wish to access the zones beyond Triton Avenue after your Membership expires, you can purchase those individual zones with Crowns.
Oh :( Well I spent a lot, just wish they had a loyalty program or something so that way I don't have to spend more lol... Next question, if my first life character has gotten to lets say Stormriven and my storm is almost to there, once I buy the place of Stormriven with crowns would it be available to him too? We spend hundreds and hundreds a month and don't wish to lose all my efforts cause that's "money down the drain."

After that I don't feel I have any other questions. Thanks Wizard101 Team and Professor Greyrose,
Kane DeathBringer Level 90 Death

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
KaneDeathBringer23... on Aug 24, 2013 wrote:
Oh :( Well I spent a lot, just wish they had a loyalty program or something so that way I don't have to spend more lol... Next question, if my first life character has gotten to lets say Stormriven and my storm is almost to there, once I buy the place of Stormriven with crowns would it be available to him too? We spend hundreds and hundreds a month and don't wish to lose all my efforts cause that's "money down the drain."

After that I don't feel I have any other questions. Thanks Wizard101 Team and Professor Greyrose,
All wizards on your account (6 slots available) will have access to areas you purchase with crowns. No family connected accounts will have that access with out purchasing them separately for those accounts.

Down fall is in order to progress lower level wizards you will have to buy the areas that lead up to the ones you may have purchased for higher level ones and you won't automatically have access to these areas unless you have quested in the game to open them. Are we confused yet?

Unfortunately when you start a game it's hard to tell if you are going to be into it for the long haul or is it a temporary thing so you never really know if you should buy or rent. There are also more benefits to membership that sweeten the rental idea, being dumped back in the Commons after paying for memberships for a few years can be considered money out the window. Personally I have been in the game long enough now where I could of purchased all the areas with what I have paid into just renting the game - ugh. Aside from memberships anything you purchase from there on in are not really required to play the game, aka, packs, bundles, pets, etc.. These things you get to keep if you maintain membership or not so really it isn't considered grounds for area freebees.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Once you buy an area with crowns, it's available to all of your wizards on that account

Explorer
May 09, 2010
Once you buy a zone, it is available to every character in that account. But remember if you buy stormriven you need to buy zones that you need to get there, i.e. wintertusk. Or find someone you can port there, which is very difficult.

Historian
Jul 18, 2010

Yes, once u buy an area(s) every one of ur wizards will have permanent access to there. But only wizards on THAT account. Not any others . Happy questing!

Delver
Sep 22, 2010

I am thinking that this person means account wise when you buy a area with crowns is the whole intire account good ....

And I believe if you purchase an area with crowns that area is good for the whole account....

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009

If you purchase an area with Crowns, all of your characters on that account can access that area themselves, provided that they are at the appropriate place in their quests.