Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Does this count as "Griefing?"

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
I was level 90 Balance overlord in first age, so I have seen a lot of PvP strategies. (mind you I am still figuring out how to pvp in second age but I haven't been fired as clan leader yet.)

I have twice encountered a Double Death team with the following infuriating "strategy."

There deck contains, as far as I can tell, nothing but Plague, Virulent Plague, Bad Juju, Balance Dispel, Death heals and reshuffle--they claimed to have 56 reshuffles between them.

Every round they cast one or the other spell.

Fifteen minutes or so into the duel they have still cast nothing but Plague, Virulent Plague, Bad Juju or Balance Dispel.

I ask "are you ever going to start actually playing?" They reply "No. You can never kill us. Just flee the duel."

Thirty or forty minutes later they still had not cast anything except Plague, Virulent Plague, Bad Juju, Balance Dispel, and Death heals.

I asked "So you are griefers?" They replied "Possibly." They claimed "We PvP for a living."

Their strategy seems to be to prolong duel and annoy opposing team such that their enemies just flee the duel.

Does that seem like a legitimate strategy or is it an exploit taken advantage of for trolling/griefing?

I did report them and my explanation was "Griefing." I made my report in good faith so don't consider it a "false report" but I do wonder what others think of that "Strategy."

I am also really interested to know if K.I. staff endorse that kind of behavior.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
Liam Swiftwalker on Aug 20, 2013 wrote:
I was level 90 Balance overlord in first age, so I have seen a lot of PvP strategies. (mind you I am still figuring out how to pvp in second age but I haven't been fired as clan leader yet.)

I have twice encountered a Double Death team with the following infuriating "strategy."

There deck contains, as far as I can tell, nothing but Plague, Virulent Plague, Bad Juju, Balance Dispel, Death heals and reshuffle--they claimed to have 56 reshuffles between them.

Fifteen minutes or so into the duel they have still cast nothing but Plague, Virulent Plague, Bad Juju or Balance Dispel.

I ask "are you ever going to start actually playing?" They reply "No. You can never kill us. Just flee the duel."

Thirty or forty minutes later they still had not cast anything except Plague, Virulent Plague, Bad Juju, Balance Dispel, and Death heals.

I asked "So you are griefers?" They replied "Possibly." They claimed "We PvP for a living."

Their strategy seems to be to prolong duel and annoy opposing team such that their enemies just flee the duel.

Does that seem like a legitimate strategy or is it an exploit taken advantage of for trolling/griefing?

I did report them and my explanation was "Griefing." I made my report in good faith so don't consider it a "false report" but I do wonder what others think of that "Strategy."

I am also really interested to know if K.I. staff endorse that kind of behavior.
First of all, I'd like to point out that Death has a LOT of weaknesses. And a lot of Death wizards use this strategy in 2v2-4v4. Its not uncommon at all. So don't go thinking that you can report one team of these people because their strategy is different than yours. I think its rude that their strategy is just to troll you and make you flee but I don't see why you felt the need to report them. A lot of the time Death comes in a pair with a "hitter school" such as storm, or fire, or balance. And then the Death prevents incoming damage while his/her teammate deals out massive amounts of damage.

Wolf Deathhammer, 1v1 Death

Defender
Sep 19, 2010

Overlord isn't an actual title, which makes me wonder if you actually got very high ranked. I personally have a 4v4 level 55 team of all deaths who use this tactic without the juju, but we actually hit a little bit. As far as I can tell from the Code of Conduct, unless they hit a 9001 damage first turn snow serpent, caused you to crash, and had 9e117 wins, its not reportable; your report WAS a false report, and you really shouldn't make any reports unless you know for a fact they count. That means that I really only report impersonation of Kingsisle personnel, and Swearing around filters excessively, but you might be able to find something else if you try.

Mason ShadowwraithPromethean
(Did they actually have decent rank? I've usually found just attack anyway to be a decent tactic with the debuff spam tactics.)

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
Wolf Skullslinger on Aug 20, 2013 wrote:
First of all, I'd like to point out that Death has a LOT of weaknesses. And a lot of Death wizards use this strategy in 2v2-4v4. Its not uncommon at all. So don't go thinking that you can report one team of these people because their strategy is different than yours. I think its rude that their strategy is just to troll you and make you flee but I don't see why you felt the need to report them. A lot of the time Death comes in a pair with a "hitter school" such as storm, or fire, or balance. And then the Death prevents incoming damage while his/her teammate deals out massive amounts of damage.

Wolf Deathhammer, 1v1 Death
Hi Wolf,

Well I leave it to KI to decide if what I reported was actual griefing as opposed to mere poor sportsmanship.

To me the point of pvp is to attempt to defeat your opponent, not to just annoy them.

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
1320Wraith on Aug 21, 2013 wrote:
Overlord isn't an actual title, which makes me wonder if you actually got very high ranked. I personally have a 4v4 level 55 team of all deaths who use this tactic without the juju, but we actually hit a little bit. As far as I can tell from the Code of Conduct, unless they hit a 9001 damage first turn snow serpent, caused you to crash, and had 9e117 wins, its not reportable; your report WAS a false report, and you really shouldn't make any reports unless you know for a fact they count. That means that I really only report impersonation of Kingsisle personnel, and Swearing around filters excessively, but you might be able to find something else if you try.

Mason ShadowwraithPromethean
(Did they actually have decent rank? I've usually found just attack anyway to be a decent tactic with the debuff spam tactics.)
Hi Mason,

Like I said I said "griefing" in my report. I don't see how spamming weakness and never ever attacking counts as a "strategy."

"Overlord" is an informal expression for warlords with a rank of more than 1000. I got to like 1300.

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
Liam Swiftwalker on Aug 22, 2013 wrote:
Hi Mason,

Like I said I said "griefing" in my report. I don't see how spamming weakness and never ever attacking counts as a "strategy."

"Overlord" is an informal expression for warlords with a rank of more than 1000. I got to like 1300.
Oh good, never had that fully explained to me. Now I can start titling my Responses with Overlord after them. Technically, if its a plan they think out and put into play, its a strategy; getting 92% universal resist and going afk is a strategy if that's what you mean to do. It's annoying, but not terribly so in comparison to immunity and the like (In my opinion).

Mason ShadowwraithOverlord

Champion
Aug 20, 2010

Oh, that's no good.Well, the way I see it is they don't have any attacks and possibly no healing spells either. I would wait for them to run out of cards but with all those reshuffles ...

Any way, the way I see it if I was in your situation is wait for the right moment and attack. Wand and cast low ranks and when the moment is right ra, sabertooth, judgement, mana burn, after you cast a damage aura of course. It could be worse, a death and a balance in which case the balance would spam mana burn.

And unless they did verbally harass you, I don't think you should of reported them. There are some people that drive me crazy in pvp, one life wiz that literally casted guardian spirit 3 times each after I killed her and worse, but then I remember once when I was in a match and almost killed a guy using mana burn, one hit+feint, he called me pathetic and talked bad about my education even though my only come-back was to correct his grammar, which was terrible. I reported him for that.