Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Master VS Promethean?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 28, 2010
I feel like every time I play PvP I am matched unfairly..... my Lvl 41 is getting matched with Lvl 70+

OR (I just recently took an interest in PvP) my private, or whatever the lowest rank is, is matched with a PvP warlord!

Since I just recently started strategizing for PvP shouldn't I be matched with people more my skill level?

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
A level 41 private would never ever be matched up with a level 70 warlord. However, a level 41 warlord might be matched up with a level 70 private.

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
The Balance Master on Aug 11, 2013 wrote:
I feel like every time I play PvP I am matched unfairly..... my Lvl 41 is getting matched with Lvl 70+

OR (I just recently took an interest in PvP) my private, or whatever the lowest rank is, is matched with a PvP warlord!

Since I just recently started strategizing for PvP shouldn't I be matched with people more my skill level?
Generally when your matched against someone very high above you, its because they don't win a lot. My 33 warlord gets matched against Archmages (and once, a Promethean) almost every match, and these are all fairly easy because they have no discernible strategy. Play smart, and level isn't an issue.

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
I am a Balance Promethean and a couple times, I have been paired with a Grandmaster Warlord (1v1) and lost.

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
Wizgamer105 on Aug 15, 2013 wrote:
I am a Balance Promethean and a couple times, I have been paired with a Grandmaster Warlord (1v1) and lost.
Well if you get paired with Wolf Blood or someone I'd just say gg and flee.

Survivor
Mar 12, 2010
Malt22 on Aug 11, 2013 wrote:
A level 41 private would never ever be matched up with a level 70 warlord. However, a level 41 warlord might be matched up with a level 70 private.
Rank means nothing esp, if the lvl 70 is ranking down on purpose.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
The Balance Master on Aug 11, 2013 wrote:

Its pretty much impossible for a private to fight a Warlord higher level than them..you would have to wait for a LONG LONG LONG time. Now I fight people who are level 50 Warlords when I'm level 30 but that's because I've toughed it out and rank a lot. I gained my rank, then fought people with skill who ALSO had critical. I just learned how to beat them too.

Good luck,
Wolf Skullslinger