Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

People, Just Stop.

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
A new school? Srsly!? You really think KI can do that? They have to make new gear, pets, spells, bosses/enemies, etc. Then, let's say someone with 6 chars who they don't want to delete wants a student of the new school. They send an e-mail or something to KI and then more and more about getting 8 chars. KI needs to make new worlds, gear, pets, bosses, quests, and 7 new spells. They are already busy enough, why ask them for one thing that would be too much work to them? How would you like to do all that work?!?!
Alura Battleheart, lvl 90 , sister #1

Alura Rainheart, lvl 27 , sister #2
Brecken Storytalon, lvl 25 , sister #3

Savannah Darkbane, lvl 18 , sister #4

Rachel Dragonheart, lvl 11 , sister #5
Kestral Wintergrove, lvl 5 , sister #6

Explorer
Apr 14, 2013
Alura BH on Aug 1, 2013 wrote:
A new school? Srsly!? You really think KI can do that? They have to make new gear, pets, spells, bosses/enemies, etc. Then, let's say someone with 6 chars who they don't want to delete wants a student of the new school. They send an e-mail or something to KI and then more and more about getting 8 chars. KI needs to make new worlds, gear, pets, bosses, quests, and 7 new spells. They are already busy enough, why ask them for one thing that would be too much work to them? How would you like to do all that work?!?!

That's a little too harsh, but I understand what you are saying.

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
Agreed 100%

There doesn't need to be an opposite of balance since balance was created not to have an opposite. I would know! And Alura is right, it would be way too much work. KI would have to change the entire game! It would take years of work!

Angela Dragonstone

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
A bit mean but yeah. And people think Chaos will be a school. But chaos is just a knock off of myth from pigswick.

Explorer
Mar 17, 2012

I completely agree with you it would just change the game

Defender
Aug 08, 2012

A little harsh, but I agree

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
ThatMythGuy123 on Aug 2, 2013 wrote:
That's a little too harsh, but I understand what you are saying.
I don't think that's harsh. I'm a little tired of people on the message boards saying, hey lets be able to train some Wysteria school spells, it would be so cool! Maybe we can even choose it for our main wiz, KI do this, do that, maybe get an opposite of balance. Hate that stuff.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009

A little harsh approach to this topic, but I agree with you wholeheartedly. It would throw the balance of Wizard101 completely off.

Charles Nightsword, Level 36 See you in the Spiral!

Defender
Sep 14, 2010
what ticks me off especially is when people try to get ki to make chaos an opposite to balance. the idea for an opposite to balance is crazy enough, but chaos? seriously? it's myth all over again.

Champion
Dec 03, 2012

I agree and I disagree. I don't want them to make a main school, but a side school would be just fine, no new pets, clothes, etc.

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
Defender
Jul 26, 2012
I agree. I don't mean to dismiss other player's creative ideas, but a new main school isn't what we need. The seven main schools plus the additional schools already fill pretty much every role that exists in your standard MMORPG.

And let's face it: A new wizard school wouldn't be that great anyways. After all the initial "ooh, aah, new school! Shiny!" wore off, we'd pretty much be back to where we are now. It would just make it even more difficult to balance the classes and make them unique from each other.

I personally think improving the existing schools is a much better idea than adding a new main school. At this point, a new school would come off to me as a gimmick.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
i agree; it wouldn't fit in. i think they were thinking about making shadow a primary school. thankfully, they are not so far.

Defender
Nov 17, 2012

You're mostly wrong. KI has added new schools before. Astral, sun, moon, shadow? Remember them?! They didn't make new gear or pets for them did they? Here's the solution... just DON'T make it a starting school! It's pretty simple!

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
A bit harsh, but I understand. People need to realize there are only 7 base schools, and it'll be that way forever. However, another secondary school can be added (in addition to Sun, Moon, and Star) and it's actually already in the test realm: but no spoilers!

Defender
May 13, 2009
I am so confused. I believe Shadow magic is NOT a new primary school of magic. It is a secondary school of magic like the astral schools. You wont have to make a new wizard because you cant for the shadow magic school. Also, I don't like the concept of shadow magic either but I can deal with it.

Explorer
Sep 02, 2012
Squire
Jan 21, 2010
If you are having trouble with balance, remember balance monsters are weak to death, myth, and life spells. If you happen to be storm, your prism makes your spells myth. Only fire, ice, and balance should have a problem.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
I agree. As for Pigswick, I would like it to eventually turn into an "extension" of our school, so it would have the same boosts and resists and whatnot, but it would emphasize the specific traits to that school, and only wizards of that school can learn it.

Ex: Fire wizards can get a 6 turn DoT
Myth: Summons two minions at once for 750 health each.

Or maybe "enhancements" to specific spells. Who knows!

Survivor
Feb 14, 2013
EMC99 on Nov 6, 2013 wrote:
I am so confused. I believe Shadow magic is NOT a new primary school of magic. It is a secondary school of magic like the astral schools. You wont have to make a new wizard because you cant for the shadow magic school. Also, I don't like the concept of shadow magic either but I can deal with it.
Good job! Thanks for spoiling the whole surprise of the new school for me! Really appreciated!

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
WOW! You made a perfect point. I have never agreed with this, and now that you finally told the communty this ( I was too nervous to do it) you have certainly made a great point, and people will now hopefully get the idea

Angela Gem
Level 72
Life School

Mastermind
Dec 05, 2012
it is fine if they make a new school. but thatmythguy123 is right, I do get what you are trying to explain too.