Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Apprentice with level 98 spell?

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jul 04, 2012
I really want to earn some arena tickets, so i go to the arena. But all the people to fight have super high spells no matter what there level. Its not fair. If they can get it, how do they do it?

All replies are greatly appriciated

Explorer
Jul 15, 2012
... treasure cards, and the least a level 10 wiz can have is about a level 28 spell, with treasure cards.
You must be overreacting here.

Robert Anglebkade
Grandmaster Theurgist

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
Roberto Angleblade on Jul 30, 2013 wrote:
... treasure cards, and the least a level 10 wiz can have is about a level 28 spell, with treasure cards.
You must be overreacting here.

Robert Anglebkade
Grandmaster Theurgist
Level 58+ cards are fairly popular once you hit initiate as you can get the power pip needed for those spells. However, 90 is the highest level spell; 98 hasn't come out yet(And probably won't for some time, since Aquila doesn't raise level cap). Try going to the bazaar and buying some decent cards.

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
1320Wraith on Jul 31, 2013 wrote:
Level 58+ cards are fairly popular once you hit initiate as you can get the power pip needed for those spells. However, 90 is the highest level spell; 98 hasn't come out yet(And probably won't for some time, since Aquila doesn't raise level cap). Try going to the bazaar and buying some decent cards.
Ya i made a mistake srry i ment to say 88 XD

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
Angela Gem on Aug 8, 2013 wrote:
There are no TC for the level 88 spells. Sorry xD but its typical to use Triton, Helephant, etc. in low level 1v1. Go buy your own is my suggestion and also use resist gear

Wolf Skullslinger, Thaumaturge by Trade

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
Angela Gem on Aug 8, 2013 wrote:
Oh well, because I don't think there is level 88 treasure cards available to everyone... Nevertheless I doubt that lower levels could acquire those power pips... did you mean to say 78 but you hand slipped? Because I don't think some level tens could get those pips either, level ten is included in "no matter what their level" right?

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
Wizgamer105 on Aug 30, 2013 wrote:
Oh well, because I don't think there is level 88 treasure cards available to everyone... Nevertheless I doubt that lower levels could acquire those power pips... did you mean to say 78 but you hand slipped? Because I don't think some level tens could get those pips either, level ten is included in "no matter what their level" right?
There isn't such a thing as a level 78 spell AV utility spells are 72 and 75. Thank goodness they aren't TC.

Survivor
Aug 19, 2013
You arent over reacting, I vs lvl 10s that use high lvl spells, its really annoying when everyone I vs uses a high level card, if it wasnt for the op cards I would have a high pvp rating.

Survivor
Apr 26, 2010
There are no level 98 spells, as has already been adressed. Level 88 spells are extremely rare in TC form, if they even exist at all, and also cannot be cast by a level 10 wizard due to pips. There are no level 78 attack spells, except the occasional utility that deals damage. Level 68 spells are nearly impossible to cast, you need 2+ power pips to cast them, and they must be of your school. Level 58 and 48 spells are likely the ones you're running into. Level 58 spells cost 8 pips, which is manageable by a lower level wizard, you only need one power pip to cast one of your school. The level 58 spells, if you are not familiar with them, they are as follows:
- Efreet. A large fire genie with a sword.
- Snow Angel. A ghostly rider on a pegasus, with a lantern in hand.
- Leviathan. A sea serpent, swimming in an ocean of fog.
-Ra. A bird-headed sun god with an Ank and a staff.
-Forest Lord. A fluffy monster with curling horns and large hands. Summons trees.
-Medusa- A gorgon with snakes for hair, and a pair of scimitars.
-Skeletal Dragon. A self-explanatory undead dragon with a strangely flat face.

There is another possible explanation. Some wizards have pets capable of giving them spells, and among these are the assortment of pets that give debuffed lvl 68 spells, for less pips.

- Tiki Kahuna-Rain of Fire
- ???-Wooly Mammoth
-'Lil Siren-Sirens
-???-Chimera
-Trojan Horse-Gnomes
-???-Basilisk
-Mummy Cat- Dr. Von's Monster

The pets marked ??? are ones that I am not aware of. That means they either don't exist yet, or I just haven't seen them. I hope this is of some help explaining this!

-Charles the Healer

Delver
Feb 25, 2013
Charles the Healer on Aug 31, 2013 wrote:
There are no level 98 spells, as has already been adressed. Level 88 spells are extremely rare in TC form, if they even exist at all, and also cannot be cast by a level 10 wizard due to pips. There are no level 78 attack spells, except the occasional utility that deals damage. Level 68 spells are nearly impossible to cast, you need 2+ power pips to cast them, and they must be of your school. Level 58 and 48 spells are likely the ones you're running into. Level 58 spells cost 8 pips, which is manageable by a lower level wizard, you only need one power pip to cast one of your school. The level 58 spells, if you are not familiar with them, they are as follows:
- Efreet. A large fire genie with a sword.
- Snow Angel. A ghostly rider on a pegasus, with a lantern in hand.
- Leviathan. A sea serpent, swimming in an ocean of fog.
-Ra. A bird-headed sun god with an Ank and a staff.
-Forest Lord. A fluffy monster with curling horns and large hands. Summons trees.
-Medusa- A gorgon with snakes for hair, and a pair of scimitars.
-Skeletal Dragon. A self-explanatory undead dragon with a strangely flat face.

There is another possible explanation. Some wizards have pets capable of giving them spells, and among these are the assortment of pets that give debuffed lvl 68 spells, for less pips.

- Tiki Kahuna-Rain of Fire
- ???-Wooly Mammoth
-'Lil Siren-Sirens
-???-Chimera
-Trojan Horse-Gnomes
-???-Basilisk
-Mummy Cat- Dr. Von's Monster

The pets marked ??? are ones that I am not aware of. That means they either don't exist yet, or I just haven't seen them. I hope this is of some help explaining this!

-Charles the Healer
Polar bear cub has wolly mammoth, and golden ram with basilisk. I have a pet with a higher level spell on Allison- Roxie, a chameleon, who has the hydra spell (and a may cast aura).

Destiny Windgem, level 55

Allison Starson, level 8