Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

One certain boss

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 29, 2013
Sometimes I believe KI just gets together and says "Write down every possible way to troll your players and we'll make him into a boss"
There's this boss in Colossus Blvd. where you have to fight 10 battles in a dungeon once you get to lvl 50. That last boss is just insane. He casts everything in the book for no pips, then turns around and casts his spell. I didn't think the cheating the first guy was talking about would be that insane. I thought it was just gonna be like in the pagodas, where it's a star move that hits all, or shield breaking or stunning out of turn. Nope! He ripped us apart. It was just me and my cousin because, again, we didn't know the cheating would be that bad. It was bad enough having to kill the Exploding Embers before they completely destroyed you with Meteor Strike or another one was summoned
How did you fare against this boss the first time? Did you listen to the disclaimer at the beginning?

Survivor
Apr 25, 2010
you must be talking about Briskbreeze. Here's something really cool: You don't have to fight the final boss to complete the quest. Go around him and talk to the guard and the quest is complete.

As far as the fire minion, he throws the meteor strike when he has four pips, save up your best spells, use your blades traps (I think) and what not, then use a global to get rid of the minion on the next couple turns attack the crow and then you have won

Hope this helps.

StarRider

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
kylesar1 on Jul 28, 2013 wrote:
Sometimes I believe KI just gets together and says "Write down every possible way to troll your players and we'll make him into a boss"
There's this boss in Colossus Blvd. where you have to fight 10 battles in a dungeon once you get to lvl 50. That last boss is just insane. He casts everything in the book for no pips, then turns around and casts his spell. I didn't think the cheating the first guy was talking about would be that insane. I thought it was just gonna be like in the pagodas, where it's a star move that hits all, or shield breaking or stunning out of turn. Nope! He ripped us apart. It was just me and my cousin because, again, we didn't know the cheating would be that bad. It was bad enough having to kill the Exploding Embers before they completely destroyed you with Meteor Strike or another one was summoned
How did you fare against this boss the first time? Did you listen to the disclaimer at the beginning?
This is Briskbreeze Tower. It is not meant to solo, or be done by just two people. It is also not required.
No, I fared no better (there were three of us, one of whom ported out after the third level), yes we listened to the disclaimer. What we didn't expect was the massive amount of damage at the top level to annihilate us.

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
The quest that you are given for finding the Lost Gard patroling around Briskbee Tower is what tests your sanity the most. I understand your frustration, but to earn the badge and experience from the golden guard in Olde Town, you must talk to the guard. Participating in the last battle is optional, unless KI has fixed avoiding the battle.

When I went through it and reached the top with three others, I talked to the guard before battling, and was able to get the badge. Either way, the quest is completed at the top when you speak to the guard. At that point you can port to the Commons.

Timothy Pearlflower, L90

Survivor
Dec 22, 2010
I just posted something like that. It's impossible but I will let you know when I find something hopefully. It's called The Lost Lieutenant.

Amber Summerflower
Level 53

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Long ago a young wizard, that didn't know any better, took this quest. She attempted this tower with friends that could not manage it, one of the "friends" had her enter the ending battle while he walked around did the talk to and ported out, needless to say this person was not her friend any more. She ended up waiting at the door for another group to completed it with. After about 2 weeks of on and off waiting she found a group of experienced wizards that let her tag a long. The entire event went flawless and she did not sustain much damage at all. It was bad enough she had to do the MarleyBone Warehouse to enter Celestia.

She later found out it was an optional tower called Brisk Breeze. None of her sisters ever took this quest.

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
How do you get the quest? I am level 50 and i haven't gotten that quest yet

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
Angela Gem on Jul 29, 2013 wrote:
Angela,

At level 50, stroll over to Olde Town and talk with the Golden Guard that had earlier asked you to battle the ghost that you battled to open up Cyclops, Triton Avenues and Fire Cat Alley. He will ask you to find his guard that was patrolling Briskbee Tower and has not reported back in awhile.

I would advise you to have friends that are more leveled help you. If you are , I would advise your other friends be ' , , or . Not knocking , but these others can be your best help at times.

Timothy Pearlflower, L90

Defender
May 29, 2013
Angela Gem on Jul 29, 2013 wrote:
At lvl 50, talk to the guards at Olde Town.. One of them will give you the mission

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
That is a very hard boss. I would just wait till a higher level if I were you

Survivor
Mar 27, 2013
o my yes I simply loved briskbreeze tower..... NOT luckily for me I had two really great friends that went with and allowed me to simply walk through the entire thing hardly had to blink an eye til the enemies fell..... then came the dreaded boss at the top it was a hard fight but in the end fire fire life and ice won out

Defender
Sep 09, 2012
I have that quest so thanks for the tip!
Emma Emeraldsword lvl 52

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
Wolf and Rider on Aug 9, 2013 wrote:
I have that quest so thanks for the tip!
Emma Emeraldsword lvl 52
Emma,

If you would like some help, I can see about helping you. Just post day and time and I will try to help you get through it. I would even think about asking at least two friends of yours to help as well. No one can port in, so if you have at least 2 strong friends, or friends that need to complete this dungeon, you might wanna ask them to be there with you.

Timothy Pearlflower, L90

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
kylesar1 on Jul 28, 2013 wrote:
First time I went in with another level 50 and we had no idea what the cheats were. We both quit the tower in disgust after the first Cheateor strike.

Later a friend asked me to help him through and he being fire was on point with the dispels. I had to constantly nag him to keep those dispels coming. He had NO idea what was going to happen, and complained that I was being too bossy.

As much as I wanted to back off and let him slip up so he could see why it was so important - I didn't want to have this quest leering in my face in my quests log for another minute.

The final boss was so much easier than keeping this kid's attention on the ball the first boss, I can't even remember who it was or what we did.

There's cheating, and then there's super annoying awful nightmarish lose-a-friend-forever hassles like ToTH. Not even Sylster and Luska and Jabby combined into one giant katamari of free sweepers could match the sheer un-fun contained within that unassuming little turret off Pegasus Place. It's the ultimate synergy between crippling minion interference and devastating punishment for not being able to follow the boss' rules.

What he's really punishing you for is not for breaking the rules, that's inevitable. He's punishing you for not having a good pet.

Defender
Sep 09, 2012
Promethean oxnhors... on Aug 12, 2013 wrote:
Emma,

If you would like some help, I can see about helping you. Just post day and time and I will try to help you get through it. I would even think about asking at least two friends of yours to help as well. No one can port in, so if you have at least 2 strong friends, or friends that need to complete this dungeon, you might wanna ask them to be there with you.

Timothy Pearlflower, L90
I know I need friends, but, being known as a very strategic person, I need tips.

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
Wolf and Rider on Aug 14, 2013 wrote:
I know I need friends, but, being known as a very strategic person, I need tips.
Well, the wizard just inside the door will advise you to have 4 wizards in your party if you plan to continue. The next three floors will have a mixture of Rotting Fodders, Banshees, and other dead enemies.

The floor after them, you will have a single boss of fire that has exploding fire minions that will show up every third round. Best advise is to have enough pips to take down those minions ASAP if you plan to continue, since they can cause as much as 10,000 damage with Fireballs.

The next few floors before the last one with the guard, are basically more dead fodders, banshees and the like.

On the final floor (unless KI changed it) is the guard, with the boss of Briskbee Tower and three minions. I would advise your party if you plan to battle the boss, to talk with the guard and then battle the boss, since talking with the guard is one way of finishing the quest for the badge. And if the boss kills your team, everyone has completed the task, and the Golden Guard will reward you.

Timothy Pearlflower, L90