Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dragonspyre has WAY Too Much Fighting...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 12, 2009
Ok, so, Dragonspyre is not fun at all. There is just way too much fighting and I dont like it. What I also feel bad about is all the people out there who are stuck on all the battles. Kingsisle should make Dragonspyre have not much battling. Anyone agrees?

Eric Nightshade Level 90
Eric Dragonshard Level 90 Storm
Eric Legenddreamer Level 51
Eric Greenblade Level 51
Eric Legendwalker Level 20
Eric Soulrider Level 17

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
I don't think dragonsypre is hard, but there is alot of fighting. However, celestia is much WORSE than dragonsypre!!! But anyway KI can't change the storyline of DS now, it would change the whole story. How else would you get a crystal from none other than the blue spiders in the grand chasm? How else would you get mana sparks in the crucible? Too many updates and tweaks and dialogue changes. It would be too much work to make less mob fights in dragonsypre. Celestia is worse in my opinion .... I would rather redo dragonsypre than go through celestia

Survivor
May 04, 2013
Honestly DS is my most favorite world yet. Though i do hate all the fighting. I'm on the quest Repo Mage and i meed to collect 8 armor plates or something like that. i already have 2. But if i keep progressing this slow i won't be anywhere. I only have to do 5 more quests before malistaire but all the fighting is holding me back. But i do agree with storngem307. Even though i haven't done Celestia yet my friends say it's horrible. I helped a friend with a quest and it was so hard. And it was just one quest.
Stephanie Fireflame
Level 47 Pyromancer

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
oh your gonna hate Celestia

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
I don't think you're going to get much support here. The last thing we need is DS nerfed.

I love Dragonspyre. It's supposed to be a challenge, and I'd much rather do 'battle' than run around for no reason.

As for worlds beyond, if you don't like all the fighting in Dragonspyre, best not go any further; it sure doesn't get easier.

Explorer
Dec 16, 2012
Isn`t the fighting kind of the focus of the game? Besides, once you get your 7-pip AoE spell, mob fights are pretty easy, and I, personally, have found boss fights in DS to be fun and at a good difficulty.

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
Except for the Final Battle with Malistaire, I found DS fairly easy. The fights in the Labrynth were brutal, but I got through them OK with one other person teaming up with me. Celestia is way worse. The street foes there are as powerful as some of the bosses in DS, as they cast crits and use stuns. Prepare yourself Young Wizard!

Survivor
Nov 06, 2010
I kinda like all that fighting. I dislike just walking around collecting things as that bores me alot.

Explorer
Feb 06, 2010
ummmm.... what else are we supposed to do for quests? Running around is even worse, in my opinion. I never noticed there was more fighting in DS, actually. I only noticed it in Celestia. So don't complain quite yet....

Survivor
Jul 11, 2013
I have a wizard here that has recovered all ,but one guardian chest. Its the last one that seems to have us recapture the three bosses and fight with the others to achieve the same concept we had already done.
A repeative motion of knocking off the same creatures over and over has you baffled to began with once you start this world it should be a straight forward to move on. Not have to travel to wizard city, or any other world. Point is it needs to be done so that the creatures can die with us not having to redo areas we have already done. XP points should be greater than 1400 per quest completed.With stronger rewards for knocking of high point bosses!

Survivor
Aug 21, 2010
interest060 on Aug 15, 2013 wrote:
I have a wizard here that has recovered all ,but one guardian chest. Its the last one that seems to have us recapture the three bosses and fight with the others to achieve the same concept we had already done.
A repeative motion of knocking off the same creatures over and over has you baffled to began with once you start this world it should be a straight forward to move on. Not have to travel to wizard city, or any other world. Point is it needs to be done so that the creatures can die with us not having to redo areas we have already done. XP points should be greater than 1400 per quest completed.With stronger rewards for knocking of high point bosses!
That would make the game boring dude plus you wouldn't be able to help your friends or random people out if they did that

Explorer
Feb 06, 2010
interest060 on Aug 15, 2013 wrote:
I agree but about the fact you should be getting higher XP, that's how much they give you so your leveling corresponds with your progress in Dragonspyre.

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
There is way to much battling. I wasn't having that much fun towards the end. But after I beat malistaire, it was fun until the Grotto's last quest. Then celestia has a lot of battling, but not as much, so keep going, Avalon doesn't have too much battling at all.

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
eric56379 on Jul 27, 2013 wrote:
Ok, so, Dragonspyre is not fun at all. There is just way too much fighting and I dont like it. What I also feel bad about is all the people out there who are stuck on all the battles. Kingsisle should make Dragonspyre have not much battling. Anyone agrees?

Eric Nightshade Level 90
Eric Greenblade Level 51
Eric Soulrider Level 17
Then Celestia is not gonna be a picnic for you.
Oh... You have done it before. You have Promethans. Oh.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Dragonspyre is a walk in the park compared to what you will face in later worlds. Most of my wizards have soloed a lot except for certain bosses or dungeons. Considering the point of the game is to save the worlds of the Spiral, you should expect to be doing a lot of fighting.

@Sparky, the XP gained in Dragonspyre is exactly where it should be. I would however reccommend doing all the side quests that are avaliable. CL can be entered at level 48 but I would not suggest it. Also if you have not done Grizz and or started WinterTusk, you may want to look at doing them. They will be a benefit and will be required later.

Squire
May 10, 2013
eric56379 on Jul 27, 2013 wrote:

Eric Nightshade Level 90
Eric Greenblade Level 51
Eric Soulrider Level 17
No wonder Malistare has 10,000 health!*

Sarcasim

Explorer
Mar 30, 2011
malistare is fixed malastrie has 100.1000 health now so dragonspire is gonna get really BAD! but however i manged to kill him when he still had 10.1000 health so killing malastire is gonna be a pain in the neck now ok so if you hate dragonspire battles beware of malastire unless you have a startagy you will not kill him first try this typically the worest boss to fight besides the malastire in azteca and the dinosaur spirts are really hard two i am in celistia in the scieance center oh isf your a life mage your gonna hate it cause there are a lot of life guys in there but celistia is my favorite world and are you noticeing this perhaps gonna be my biggest post on the message boards wow! thats a first! anyways back to the talk dragonspire is my second favorite world although the boss to get forest lord is nasty i summoned a level 80 death henchmen to do help me he did the damage and i healed him i do not agree aboult this however so i will not complain aboult the fighting in dragonspire cant wait too se zafaria and i think dragonspyre is just fine

paul rainpants level 67 life

LIFE RULES!

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
The First Swashbuc... on Aug 26, 2013 wrote:
malistare is fixed malastrie has 100.1000 health now so dragonspire is gonna get really BAD! but however i manged to kill him when he still had 10.1000 health so killing malastire is gonna be a pain in the neck now ok so if you hate dragonspire battles beware of malastire unless you have a startagy you will not kill him first try this typically the worest boss to fight besides the malastire in azteca and the dinosaur spirts are really hard two i am in celistia in the scieance center oh isf your a life mage your gonna hate it cause there are a lot of life guys in there but celistia is my favorite world and are you noticeing this perhaps gonna be my biggest post on the message boards wow! thats a first! anyways back to the talk dragonspire is my second favorite world although the boss to get forest lord is nasty i summoned a level 80 death henchmen to do help me he did the damage and i healed him i do not agree aboult this however so i will not complain aboult the fighting in dragonspire cant wait too se zafaria and i think dragonspyre is just fine

LIFE RULES!
Are you saying Malistaire now has 100,000 health? KI tried that once before and it didn't work then. It won't work now. Can anyone else confirm the increased health on DS Malistaire? The only thing this will accomplish is a lot of players not progressing further in the game.

Lvl 90 Life

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
My suggestion would be to only accept quests from the main quest line and decline all side quests. If you talk to a NPC and it gives the option to decline the quest, then it is a side quest. Main quests cannot be declined. This makes for a lot less fighting in any given world. However, you may find that the next worlds are harder for you because you only got experience for the main line quests.

I used to accept and complete every quest I could find. Now that I'm on my fifth wizard, I'm a little tired of so many side quests and just follow the main line quests now.

Squire
May 10, 2013
The First Swashbuc... on Aug 26, 2013 wrote:

LIFE RULES!
Are you Alexander Lionheart, Blaze Lifehammer or something? Cause KI is not making Malistare over 100,000 health, but his health right now is awesome. Alexander Lionheart is great for soloing. If he'd read this...

Defender
Sep 09, 2012
Not to mention the lava .
Emma Emeraldsword lvl 59