Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Change the Spiral?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Dec 18, 2009
My dad and I were talking, and we got to talking about MMO's. To be honest, he came up with this idea and I thought it could be so cool.

What would happen if you could choose your answer to quests. I mean, you would get to choose what you would want to say to them instead of pressing the next button. Maybe you say something rude, then you would be unable to get the quest from them, so there would be many different story lines within the story. I mean, why do you have to do exactly what the game expects? They expect you to follow the quest until you get to the end? I mean what if there is a point where in game characters fight each other for a quest. It might get people interested that you could make decisions for yourself and not have the game choose to do everything for you. Just an idea

Diana Swiftfountain lvl 84,

Defender
Jan 22, 2012
Greek and Roman Go... on Jul 25, 2013 wrote:
My dad and I were talking, and we got to talking about MMO's. To be honest, he came up with this idea and I thought it could be so cool.

What would happen if you could choose your answer to quests. I mean, you would get to choose what you would want to say to them instead of pressing the next button. Maybe you say something rude, then you would be unable to get the quest from them, so there would be many different story lines within the story. I mean, why do you have to do exactly what the game expects? They expect you to follow the quest until you get to the end? I mean what if there is a point where in game characters fight each other for a quest. It might get people interested that you could make decisions for yourself and not have the game choose to do everything for you. Just an idea

Diana Swiftfountain lvl 84,
It's a really cool idea, but honestly I don't know how well it would work. The game would be so complicated because it would have to cater for every decision every wizard might make.
Sierra Ashblood, Transcendent

Survivor
Dec 22, 2010
I think it's an amazing idea but I have to disagree with Sierra (sorry) I have a play station game called Sly Cooper and they give you suggestions on what you want to say to the character but it only happens once. Anyway it would get people more excited about game it would be really fun.

Amber Summerflower
Level 52

Delver
Dec 18, 2009
Also, your characters could be absolutely and completely different. Not just in there schools, but in the way that they are fighting and who, or whom.

Defender
Jun 18, 2012
but that would mess up the game and cause glitches. the story line would be unplanned, as they are npcs. it sounds funny, but not so easy.

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
I have to Agree with Sierra and thundra ... Sry Greek and roman and amber . But I like he game the way it is .... I mean .. It sounds fun and cool but I think too there will be many many glitches ... More work, more storylines, too much $$$ ........ Sorry but I don't think this will happen . It would change everything about the game.

Delver
Dec 18, 2009
I never said the idea would be easy, It is just an idea right now after all