Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What should my ice gear choice be 50-59?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 05, 2009
I need to clear up in my mind if ice should even go for attack. Plz help.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
You should use the Grizzleheim crafted ice gear which is able to be used at around level 56, or go check in the Bazaar if you do not craft, there might be something there. Happy questing.

Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
I would use the Dragonspyre no-auction gear. It's a bit tedious to farm, but the ice set is good, it gives damage accuracy and resist (and the robe gives a card!) Check out the chart on this guide if you scroll a little bit down.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Pirates in the Sky on Jul 24, 2013 wrote:
I would use the Dragonspyre no-auction gear. It's a bit tedious to farm, but the ice set is good, it gives damage accuracy and resist (and the robe gives a card!) Check out the chart on this guide if you scroll a little bit down.
This will hold you well until you are ready to go craft the wintertusk gear, whose main advantage is crit blocking (you'll need it in CL)

Wintertusk Ring of Valor (craftable, Ingulf the Grower, Vestrilund) - should last you until you can get Elissa's Chill Band as a drop at lvl 66+
Garnet Bear Claw (craftable, Ingulf the Grower, Vestrilund) - should last you until you can score Lexicon Blade or similar

50-55: DS gear, Malistaire gear
56-60: WT crafted gear
60+: Waterworks gear.

If you're wondering why so small a window for such a big investment, it's because the difficulty ramps tenfold between Survey Camp and Spheres. If you don't keep up, you will burn out. Especially as ice, with your low damage, since average street mob health roughly doubles between Survey and Savannah.

Level 56-58 drops may also be worth looking at, because some of them provide very high fire and storm resist, so if you are facing a pure population of those types, you can mix and match for a robust defense.