Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What now?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 07, 2013
I have made a wizard for every school in the game. The farthest I've ever gotten was on my Balance wizard, which made it to Zafaria. I find myself getting bored with every school around Marleybone or Mooshu at best. I know it's just me, because I always see Prometheans of all types running around Wizard City. Quitting the game really isn't an appealing option either. Any tips on staying interested in one Wizard enough to get it through to Azteca?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Shadow of the Past on Jul 8, 2013 wrote:
I have made a wizard for every school in the game. The farthest I've ever gotten was on my Balance wizard, which made it to Zafaria. I find myself getting bored with every school around Marleybone or Mooshu at best. I know it's just me, because I always see Prometheans of all types running around Wizard City. Quitting the game really isn't an appealing option either. Any tips on staying interested in one Wizard enough to get it through to Azteca?
Oh it's not just you at all. My legendary Ice wizard sits because I'm sick of Zafaria, can't solo the final bosses and will not pay for henchmen. So yeah.

I have no tips against boredom or frustration, sorry. I'm sure someone does though!

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Altho it took me longer, I have the same thoughts of the game. I think it happens to all of us at one time or another, many leave the game because of lack of interest. I also have tried all the schools - some a few times but Mooshu into DS do tend to be my slow down times. I can stand Wintertusk but it's usually to hard for me until I level a bit in Celestia and we all know what thoughts are on that world, lol. I have a Death wizard parked in Mooshu and Storm in Celestia and no desire to advance them.

I really only enjoy Wizard City and Krockatopia now - Marleybone is long and drawn due to all the drag ins and Mooshu although it used to be my favorite world it seems very long.

Only thing I can recommend is try to find a school you like and vow to get it to at least lvl 60 - I do all main and side quests so I am not rushing thou the worlds but feel I have given the wizards school and fair chance to motivate me - garden and craft with this wizard up to the Seal of the Seven Seas at least and maybe get a pet that helps to adult if you don't already have one to share bank to it. Buy anything and everything for this wizard with the Gold it earns.

I used to run a high level wizard with family that plays also and then switch to a lower level one solo to get a break from it all, now I am not even playing any extra time like I used to to do this.

Sadly I am a solo player, I prefer total control over all battles but do not mind helping any one a long my way and as the game progresses us soloers are finding it harder and harder to get by but here's a real slap in our face - for your high 80's level Star, Sun and School spells you are suppose to be able to defeat one high level boss and 2 minions solo - go figure. So is the game designed for solo players or not?

Explorer
Feb 22, 2011
Try buying a bunch of Monstrous TCs. It makes getting through MB through DS a lot faster. :)

Explorer
Jun 08, 2012
Shadow of the Past on Jul 8, 2013 wrote:
I get bored too! But i'll just always think of the spells i'll be getting and the new gear i'll be able to use.I just think about that because when i get it i'll be better at pvp and when i kill my friends at 2v1(2 level 90's vs me) they can't talk about me being weak! It's my motivation.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
If you can get through Zafaria I think it's worth doing Avalon. It has nice stories, great graphics, and the did-not-collect quests are toned down a bit. Unlike Celestia and Zafaria, Avalon doesn't have that feeling that you are doing quests just for the sake of getting done. It's actually fun and a bit more challenging if you like that. Most of it can be done solo, but in some areas friends can be quite helpful.

~ RH

Defender
Sep 09, 2012
I cannot wait for Azteca. It isn't the end but it leaves you with an air of mystery.
Emma Emeraldsword lvl 49

Explorer
Jan 07, 2013
Just revived my Life wizard, in Mooshu and on my way to Dragonspyre (soon I hope) . As for Celestia, I'm prepared, my pet has May Cast Conviction so I should be fine when mobs critical.
Currently, Quinn Pixie Level 33